• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT11| In This Salon, Everyone Gets A Perm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samara

Sis, if you accuse me of putting texturisers or whatever they sell nowadays in my hair then I take it as compliment. Been natural for 10 years biiiitch!

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
That nostalgia is strong. Everyone knows Time Force and Lost Galaxy were the best season. And Fuck Tommy

Fuck Tommy

Love how this shit 2015, taking selfies while styling on monsters

tumblr_nnzvb17ayh1ql41ypo1_500.gif

You trippin!

Zeo was the GOAT

dont feel the need to make a thread for him but NewYorker with a loong ass article humanizing Darren Wilson

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/08/10/the-cop?mbid=social_twitter

At one point, I asked Wilson if he missed walking outside and going to restaurants. He told me that he still ate out, but only at certain places. “We try to go somewhere—how do I say this correctly?—with like-minded individuals,” he said. “You know. Where it’s not a mixing pot.”

Slayven

dont feel the need to make a thread for him but NewYorker with a loong ass article humanizing Darren Wilson

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/08/10/the-cop?mbid=social_twitter

“Do I think about who he was as a person? Not really"

Wilson proudly showed me a drawer, in his living room, which contained dozens of police-department patches from cops expressing their support. None of those cops, however, had offered him a job.

andthebeatgoeson

You'll like it a little latter, Gordon.

Hey Gordon, give me some advice. Wife was trippin last week. Acting a fool. I decided to just not go home for a few hours; went to see Mission Impossible by myself. Told her later I was going to say something I regret. Like avoided her for 24 hours. She ended up apologizing to me a day later.

I think it's a good move. My plan, if she mentioned anything to me, was to flat out state 'We can't talk right now. I'm not in a place to be constructive' and roll. I know I can't do that for a prolonged period but it has helped me out in the past in that initial battle phase. Avoids being drawn into a war. I was hot under my collar. Wanted to call her all types of names (fat, annoying, bitch, poor planner, her ideas sucked, like all the things you know will wound her). I know you've been in the game for 40 years :p, what chu think, mang?

You'll like it a little latter, Gordon.

Hey Gordon, give me some advice. Wife was trippin last week. Acting a fool. I decided to just not go home for a few hours; went to see Mission Impossible by myself. Told her later I was going to say something I regret. Like avoided her for 24 hours. She ended up apologizing to me a day later.

I think it's a good move. My plan, if she mentioned anything to me, was to flat out state 'We can't talk right now. I'm not in a place to be constructive' and roll. I know I can't do that for a prolonged period but it has helped me out in the past in that initial battle phase. Avoids being drawn into a war. I was hot under my collar. Wanted to call her all types of names (fat, annoying, bitch, poor planner, her ideas sucked, like all the things you know will wound her).
NO!
I know you've been in the game for 40 years :p, what chu think, mang?
Honestly, my method is slightly the same. When we used to get into it (its been a minute), I'd let her talk all she wanted. Once she finished, I'd jump on my bike and do some cardio for hours. I'd be gone so long, there'd be no fight left to be had. I'm the type to randomly ride 100 miles just because..that's not something she wants to deal with lol.

In the end, though, communication trumps all. Absolutely go blow off some steam. A movie, some bball, the gym..whatever works for you personally. I find cycling refreshing, as it clears my head..and I burn so many calories, it's a win win.

Once you've got those words you can't take back out of your system, take your ass home and deal..

40 years..lol.

Lol I just don't get it. I wonder if things would be different if she actually got shot. Something tells me, nah.

No, people would blast that "multiple hit and run" rhetoric like the woman deserves death without trial.

Or some other diet racism bullshit.

lol we just had a thread where a cop blasted a dude for a damn ID at a traffic stop

Lol I just don't get it. I wonder if things would be different if she actually got shot. Something tells me, nah.

They wouldn't be. If they honestly believed this situation called for a gun in the first place, I would bet they'd believe it'd call for it to be used. "She was pushing against the cop. You don't charge at a cop and expect to not get killed., etc."

EloquentM

aka Mannny
No, people would blast that "multiple hit and run" rhetoric like the woman deserves death without trial.

Or some other diet racism bullshit.

lol we just had a thread where a cop blasted a dude for a damn ID at a traffic stop
Yeah I remember that shit. It's the "He smoked weed! He deserved it!", defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom