• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

shingi70

Banned
That Meet thread just reconfirmed my readiness to go back to school and take it much seriously in January.

Any of you guys suffer from not being interested in gaming all that much any more. I still love playing destiny, but outside of Watch dogs and Mafia nothing conventional really appeals to me. I'm starting to become more interested in mobile gaming and the indie scene with stuff like Fire watch and Virgina.

edit: Even how I Assoc my gaming coverage is starting to change, wanting less things like say Giant Bomb and more of Match 3 and people like Austin Walker.

Mizerman

I really respect how he's using his platform. Dude's got so many people watching. The way his consistence and refusal to back down regardless of consequence is paying off. Absolute perfection.

Same here.

Any of you guys suffer from not being interested in gaming all that much any more. I still love playing destiny, but outside of Watch dogs and Mafia nothing conventional really appeals to me. I'm starting to become more interested in mobile gaming and the indie scene with stuff like Fire watch and Virgina.

In my case, I'm more picky about the types of games that I play nowadays. If a game appeals to me and I can get a lot of playtime out of it, I'm good.

Y'all getting on the young members for not liking 90's rappers that much when odds are most young people are less likely to like them til you get the types that wear The Cure t-shirts at 9 yrs old

TLoP was horrible but still had more good songs than Nas's career
barely and only 2 songs, granted I don't really know once where Has features

Sch1sm

That Meet thread just reconfirmed my readiness to go back to school and take it much seriously in January.

edit: Even how I Assoc my gaming coverage is starting to change, wanting less things like say Giant Bomb and more of Match 3 and people like Austin Walker.

I more struggle to find something I want to play, or it's too long to commit to since my schedule is all over the place. When I do play, I tend to go for shorter titles. Something that can be complete in a couple hours, nothing crazy. And I prefer something that won't stress me out/make me anxious with tension and choices, so it's a lot of indie platformers and puzzlers.

I still listen to gaming podcasts, but that's because my commute is hellish and I always need something to listen to with no service on the subway.

Y'all getting on the young members for not liking 90's rappers that much when odds are most young people are less likely to like them til you get the types that wear The Cure t-shirts at 9 yrs old

I hope you joking with this bullshit.

My game library is huge, and I find myself overwhelmed by choice more than anything else. I end up putting dozens of hours into fighting games and League of Legends but have a backlog of unfinished games I still need to get through. I've learned to attach time spent with how much something costed to not feel so bad about not finishing. If I spent 10 hours on a game and it costed 7 due to a sale, its no biggie.

LionPride

Banned

I fuck with 90's rappers. Just not Nasir

Zekes!

I think what's changed for me is that I'm happy to just play one game at a time, because it's all I really have time for. Right now I have Dragon Quest 7 in my 3DS and that'll be my go to for a while. I'll put in about an hour of gaming time every day, usually to give me a short break after I come home from work or school. I've gotten really into games like Overwatch, which I would never have when I was younger and playing multiple games at once, because it works extremely well as a pick up and play for short bursts game.

I definitely don't engage with video game coverage very deeply anymore either. I still watch Giant Bomb videos and listen to their podcasts 'cause they're entertaining, but like you I enjoy the more thought provoking aspect perspective provided by people like Austin Walker and the Match 3 podcast, as you mentioned

I hope you joking with this bullshit.
I don't kid with musical taste
I.E. my liking only 1 Nas lead song
or my dislike of Kendricks music
Or dislike of Drake's music
Biggie won
Speedcore is the worse genre of all time
Ambient is the best genre of all time
Tool is the best group overall
The Beatles haven't gotten a good song in their career if you live in a year past the 1970's
Lloyd Banks should only release Mix Tapes for the rest of his career as he is trash on LP's after his first
I stan T. Swift and never heard her music

Numb

I finished

Uncharted 4, Dark Souls 3, and Superhot.

And leveled 3 characters to 110 in WoW Legion if that counts.

Superhot looked fun
Should give it a chance
I wish I did this. I started it forever ago it feels and it's still going. I've been looking at it for at least 1.5hrs. Attention span on 0. Can't even read these subtitles.
It helped watching the story on YT prior with faster playback

Sch1sm

I don't kid with musical taste
I.E. my liking only 1 Nas lead song
or my dislike of Kendricks music
Or dislike of Drake's music
Biggie won
Speedcore is the worse genre of all time
Ambient is the best genre of all time
Tool is the best group overall
The Beatles haven't gotten a good song in their career if you live in a year past the 1970's
Lloyd Banks should only release Mix Tapes for the rest of his career as he is trash on LP's after his first
I stan T. Swift and never heard her music

Someone please come claim their mans. ^

Story mode story makes me want to punch babies..so fucking awful..

It's literally a bad movie. That's it. I'm only in it for the fight money. 😭

Zekes!

Good going
The Witness? Why I even bought it when I don't fuck with puzzle games idk
Deus waiting for GOTY edition

yeah waiting for the GOTY of Deus Ex is a good call. Game is real good though

I swear I beat some other games this year. I can't remember anything pre-May because Overwatch consumed me

edit: oh shit I completely forgot about Dark Souls III. I didn't beat that shit though. Got to the end and decided I wanted to platinum it and was going to grind out some stuff before I beat the game and started new game +. Never happened

That I'm a loser who likes animes. Alot. Like a whole lot.
But im gonna write a short story now so I'll be back in hour. Hopefully Sfv will work by then so I can play with Numb.
Breh I own Lain on bluray, nothing to be shamed about. Comics, anime, and the occasional chicken wars are totally welcome here. Let your black nerd wings fly free.

Theres a handful of AAA games that I'm really interested in but outside of them (Watch Dogs 2, Mafia 3 and FFXV) I'm not really too hyped for this season. I'm in a relationship now, I picked up and instrument and started reading so I've sold a shit ton of games recently that were just sitting around. I always thought selling off that many games would be a shock but I don't miss them at all. I find myself more on my handhelds for some pick up and go sessions so NX should be a godsend in that regard. I am more hyped for indie games too as well since they are shorter, tighter and cheaper

D i Z

Agents had a decent opener.

GR looked good, May getting her own squad is a good move. I like the movement being made on the LM's. Jojo's still dope, and Mack does need to live a little so that we can live a little vicariously. I still need a proper explanation for Coulson being busted down to field agent, even if his partnering up with Mack should be outstanding.

1 1/2 thumbs up. Would watch again.

smh, sitting here refreshing OT15 wondering why it's so slow today.

lol

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Man that NEET thread in the OT is some some sad stuff. I dont understand people who can live that lifestyle. As much as I love video games, and entertainment, I get bored in a couple of days if I have no work. I also feel pretty bad if I cant contribute to my home and my parents.

Shoot, I wouldn't even be able to play games if I wasn't working. Gotta fund this expensive hobby somehow.

I got this NX fund stocking up and I'm sitting here waiting for Nintendo to reveal the damn thing

D i Z

Damon Wayans. Still terrible. Would have put money on new Riggs being horrible too, but he's holding this mickey mouse production together.

Shy

Good morning to..some of you 😕
Good morning BCT

Shout out to Ryu 🤗
Cammy I need your help to keep them boys in check. 😉
Alex we will meet again 😎
Ohayo to Slay 🇯🇵

Sunshine rainbows and blue flowers to everyone else 🌅 😊

To those who don't belong you know who you are... 🤐🤐🤐

Like always stay positive and Safe 😊
Morning morning. ❤️❤️
Anyone else getting that Mafia 3?

Weird it is coming out on a Friday
Might do. On PC.

Games always come out Fridays over here, so for me it's not weird at all.
smh, sitting here refreshing OT15 wondering why it's so slow today.
LOL.

Silly arse. 😜

D i Z

Major Payne used to be every 14yr olds favourite movie

I skipped that one. I burned many hours with The Last Boyscout and the flick he did with Sandler back in the day.

I don't think even Damons shaky acting can kill Lethal Weapon for me. If the writing step it up a notch and he settles into the roll a bit, I can see it going places.

Numb

I skipped that one. I burned many hours with The Last Boyscout and the flick he did with Sandler back in the day.

I don't think even Damons shaky acting can kill Lethal Weapon for me. If the writing step it up a notch and he settles into the roll a bit, I can see it going places.
You didn't miss much
I thought he retired and let Jr take over.
Hope this new stuff is good and I'll give a chance

*Checking wikipedia*
Jesus how many Wayanses are there. It's like a tree and each branch leads to another

You're pretty much on the money with where I'm at. The things I keep thinking of when gaming comes to mind is

1) how much time and money I'm wasting with it, which is something I don't think of when I'm thinking about my music creation (which I've shared with no one for like the past two years).
2) How everyone is gaming, from the community to the media, seems to share this really hostile "What have you done for me lately" attitude and it makes it more difficult to discuss gaming on a better level

D i Z

You didn't miss much
I thought he retired and let Jr take over.
Hope this new stuff is good and I'll give a chance

*Checking wikipedia*
Jesus how many Wayanses are there. It's like a tree and each branch leads to another

At one time it really seemed like they were trying to breed their own production company. Every check cut going to a Wayans.

At one time it really seemed like they were trying to breed their own production company. Every check cut going to a Wayans.

There was an episode of A Different World during the first season where about theee of them guess starred.

Keenan Ivory Wayans was a professor
Damon Wayans (with hair) was the schools radio DJ
Kim Wayans was one of the students.

I'm like damn, do all y'all need a check or something!?

There was an episode of A Different World during the first season where about theee of them guess starred.

Keenan Ivory Wayans was a professor
Damon Wayans (with hair) was the schools radio DJ
Kim Wayans was one of the students.

I'm like damn, do all y'all need a check or something!?

I'm bout to turn it on on Netflix right quick just to see what he looks like with hair. Which episode is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom