• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Well the Clif bar representative isn't really a good athlete...
Green man group is doing well in the cycling event. How are they not on fire in this blazing heat?

Numb

Abraham Lincoln Wayans Hunter
Lincoln with the ultimate heel turn

20121106_EP_LIGHT_honest-abe_C-homepage.jpg

When is LA not hot?

Shit, often. The IE is where the heat is. This shit is something else.

lol..

#FeelTheJohnson

I hope that's not the same Johnson you offer slayven after chicken jokes :p

Fucking never.

Come on now. That's not entirely accurate

It's rainy and humid af in Tokyo right now. Wanna trade?

Nah. You can keep that. Can I have some good tempura and steak though?

Sch1sm

Have you guys checked out Hamilton? This shit is fire. I can't believe I'm just now hearing about this.

Yeah, bud. Malyse and I, at least. We've mentioned it more than once, too. It's catchy as hell, I love it. Wormed its way close to the top when it comes to favourite musicals, least for me, because of how different it is.

Yeah, bud. Malyse and I, at least. We've mentioned it more than once, too. It's catchy as hell, I love it. Wormed its way close to the top when it comes to favourite musicals, least for me, because of how different it is.

Better than Westside Story? Be honest (and by that, I mean get past the Puerto Rican face, if that's a reason you'd judge it)..

D i Z

giphy.gif

You activated my trap card. Collateral damage happens.

I don't feel bad about it.

Have you guys checked out Hamilton? This shit is fire. I can't believe I'm just now hearing about this.

It's one of my new favorite things period. It's kinda weird, but I look at Miranda and what he's been able to do and I feel like I can accomplish anything. But yeah, I love it so much.

Better than Westside Story? Be honest (and by that, I mean get past the Puerto Rican face, if that's a reason you'd judge it)..

I haven't seen WSS but I'm going to assume Hamilton is better.

Hamilton will probably go down as a modern work of art.

Sch1sm

It's not the Puerto Rican face, because if I'm being honest, I don't even really like him as Alexander Hamilton. I think he could have found someone more suitable for the role and taken on a background role as the writer.

I wouldn't say it's better on an overall, end of the day.* It's also difficult to properly compare considering I saw the movie for Westside Story and Hamilton's not going to release theirs until tour is up. Tickets are inaccessible to the majority because of demand and scalpers, the works. Never gonna see it until it's big screen material.

We'd have to talk more soundtrack in order to compare them fairly at this point. I'll give West Side Story's a listen or two over the next while as a refresher and bring it back up soon.

*depends what you like in your musicals, ofc.

giphy.gif

You activated my trap card. Collateral damage happens.

I don't feel bad about it.

Ahaha. Just glad you found it and are enjoying it.

It's not the Puerto Rican face, because if I'm being honest, I don't even really like him as Alexander Hamilton. I think he could have found someone more suitable for the role and taken on a background role as the writer.

NO NO NO! You misunderstood me. I was making comment on Westside and George Chakiris (a Greek) playing a Rican.

Sch1sm

NO NO NO! You misunderstood me. I was making comment on Westside and George Chakiris (a Greek) playing a Rican.

Is it bad the statement still stands?

Considering that movie released in what, '61? I never paid it mind. Shit's still happening in this day when there's plenty of capable people without, I guess, "as bad" a racial climate. The quotes considering it's as bad, but in a different way.

My favourite song in West Side Story is America. That shit is lit. Chakiris can take the pass. ��
Or, or, A Boy Like That.

Is it bad the statement still stands?

Wouldn't say so at all. I agree. Just wanted to be clear where my comment was coming from. My brain completely didn't even register hire someone could have thought I was speaking on Miranda lol..

I've never liked WSS, love musicals but West Side Story? Nah

Lil man..why are you doing this to me today? Always got your back. Why you stabbing my backside?!

Sch1sm

I've never liked WSS, love musicals but West Side Story? Nah

What's your favourite, then? Mine's Sweeney Todd.

Wouldn't say so at all. I agree. Just wanted to be clear where my comment was coming from. My brain completely didn't even register hire someone could have thought I was speaking on Miranda lol..

It's like his selling point. He talks a lot about issues for Puerto Ricans/Puerto Rica when he goes on shows and the like.

I'm just glad the dude cut his hair. Looks better short. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I love Miranda as Hamilton. Sch1sm, have you looked up the Tony awards performance or him doing one of the songs for the White House poetry jam? If not, you should. It really gets off the attitude he portrays in the characters and you can tell he knows exactly how he wants them played. He's great.

Sch1sm

I love Miranda as Hamilton. Sch1sm, have you looked up the Tony awards performance or him doing one of the songs for the White House poetry jam? If not, you should. It really gets off the attitude he portrays in the characters and you can tell he knows exactly how he wants them played. He's great.

I've seen the White House Poetry jam, when he plays as Burr? I liked that. I love his energy, and his emotion, but I dunno. Not a fan of his voice in some portions. Wouldn't say he's doing anything wrong, just not a frequency that meshes with me, think it's the more passionate points - it isn't even all of them. There are some exceptions, certain songs, but then again. My favourite voice is probably Jefferson's on the male side. Ms. Reynold's for the women.

Gotta give it a watch. The world seems to be behind dude, which is awesome. Good have to take a moment to give it a look..

Give it a listen, more like. Unless you come across the illegal taping of the show, that is, but it gets taken down religiously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom