• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The colors of this photo will appear different to everyone. I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCSI

Welp, I'm out. I saw white and gold, then blue and black, and now I'm back to seeing white and gold. I have had it up to here with my brain playing tricks on me.

To end this discussion, this spoiler tag is
gold

light blue and gold.
HrkhCGC.png

i can certainly understand calling it white and gold, but anyone saying black is crazy.

Yeah, these are the colours that I get when I use a colour picker. Pretty close to what you have, though I probably pulled these from different parts of the image resulting in some slightly different shades:

k7ktQs3.png

Seriously, it's plainly blue and a dark, somewhat brownish gold. I can sort of see how the gold might be an overexposed black, but I cannot fathom how you can see white in that.

A-V-B

There is some serious fucking trolling going on in this thread, saying that looks deep blue...

Yeah, it's overexposed. There's still blue in there, but it's SO blown out, the color becomes very faded in a way that fucks with your eyes pretty bad. It's subtle blue, and our eyes are less sensitive to blue, so it has a hard time picking it up.

But make no mistake, there is also a saturated black, and it's saturated in a way that yellow dominates. It's not a colorless black.

By the way, it's these issues that make color grading a nightmare.

FiggyCal

Banned
Seriously, it's plainly blue and a dark, somewhat brownish gold. I can sort of see how those might be an overexposed black, but I cannot fathom how you can see white in that.

I'm as confused as you are. Except the other way around. Like it's the whitest white and goldest gold.

Floridian

Seriously, it's plainly blue and a dark, somewhat brownish gold. I can sort of see how those might be an overexposed black, but I cannot fathom how you can see white in that.

It changes somehow. 90% of the time it's black & blue for me, but when I viewed it on mobile it changed to white & gold on both of my monitors for a few seconds.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
OK WHAT THE FUCK.

I looked at the OP pic again after I posted White and Gold...and it now looks Blue and Black to me as well.

Thread laced with LSD confirmed.

Seriously, it's plainly blue and a dark, somewhat brownish gold. I can sort of see how the gold might be an overexposed black, but I cannot fathom how you can see white in that.

Same reason people see the center tiles on each face of this cube as different colors.

i99Eop4e6dQ9j.jpg

People will say white because they perceive it as white in a shadow, badly lit and exposed.

I see white and gold, but if I move my phone to my periphreal vision I can see blue and black. Try it!

I see blue/black if I tilt the shit out of my phone.

Izuna

Banned
It's easy to make it look not-black when you pick the lightest part of the dress.

So you see what, a gradient? That fades to black?

If I take a colour picker, I can see that the darkest part of the dress is that colour with less luminance.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
By the end of this week:
"Optometrists baffled at sudden surge of customers seeking corrective lenses."

hoola

Neo Member
Blue and Black. The part with the horizontal lines is blue and the frizzy part is black. I got out my .9999 pure gold Maple Leaf coin and compared it and there is nothing on that dress that looks anything like the coin, and thats about as "gold" colored as it gets.

White and gold, but...

how much of this is due to monitor/screen colors being all over the place? Because screen colors are all over the place...

I've used my monitor and my phone and a tablet, with different brightness settings and color temperatures, and it is firmly and solidly blue and gold, enduring like the Rock of Gibraltar. The only difference is that on one, the gold looked darker and more blackish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom