• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The colors of this photo will appear different to everyone. I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeMaxX

Nobody cares what color the actual dress is so posting images of what it really looks like doesn't prove any point.
Look at the midband of the dress compared to the black/white item on the left of the image. The black/white item clearly shows black. The dress clearly shows a brownish/goldish color that's much lighter than the item next to it.

Chabbles

HAAHA cool, if you scroll up and down fast between posts 530 and 531 while looking "through" the monitor, shit starts changing color.

Edit,
oh wait, its a gif you bastard

npnAHBt.gif

hydruxo

Oh my god, this thread is going to be 50 pages by tomorrow isn't it.

I see white and gold. I can see how the white could look blue if you don't realize it's white under shade, but I have no fucking idea how the gold could look black.

Lmao. I see blue and black and I have no idea how the black could look gold.

Despera

Banned
i'm looking at a color calibrated monitor i use for grading and its white and gold with a slight blue white balance. white like you were shooting in daylight with tungsten white balanced camera.

my eyes are sweet and also rad

photoshop says blueish white and gold

blue and black crew hi functioning like having an extra chromosome is not always the best

a-v-b when you say is a saturated black don't you mean was not is, who cares how we got here the colors are measurable as white and gold
It means your eyes are not perceptive enough to distinguish the true colours of the picture.

This thread is blowing my mind. That dress is blue and black, I can't comprehend how you could see white and gold at all. The black kind of fades to brown, maaaaaybe like a dark, bronze-y gold at the top, I suppose, but the blue is as blue as you can get.

Burt

It changed on me again. What the hell.

This thread is blowing my mind. That dress is blue and black, I can't comprehend how you could see white and gold at all. The black kind of fades to brown, maaaaaybe like a dark, bronze-y gold at the top, I suppose, but the blue is as blue as you can get.

It's very clearly one or the other. You won't mistake which one you see. Come back later and it might switch on you like it did for me.

GavinGT

Banned
That isn't white though, look at the colour closely. Does it look like the same colour as the text (dark GF background) the reply button even?

We're inferring white because it's dimly lit. The color as it appears in the image (without factoring in lighting) is a bluish-gray. But that's a fucking far cry from the royal blue that's in the other photo of the dress.

DBT85

I saw it first and it was just of white and gold. I went up two floors to get my eclairs out of the fridge, and came back down. The lights have not changed, my head has not changed, the colours are now nearer blue and black.

nib95

Banned
Are we getting trolled, and does the image just change every now and again? Because at first I saw white and gold, now I'm seeing blue and black lol.

Feel like it's just clever coded auto image switching.

DJ88

Ok everyone calm down everyone. I think I have a way to explain all of this.
It all comes down to lighting and how we perceive colors under different lighting conditions. I tried to find the 2 best examples I could.

First how white can look blue or how blue can look white:

0hiuDlQ.jpg

So in this picture of the White House, the obvious white can have blueish/grayish tones when there are shadows or shade over it.

And second, how black can look gold or gold can look black:

sBq1IiR.jpg

It took me a while to think of how black could look gold but I finally remembered that under certain lighting from the sun, black can take a goldish/brownish tone.
I definitely see white and gold, and I'm still not certain which one it actually is, but I can see how really weird lighting combined with a most likely over exposed photo could make see people totally different things.
It's still pretty cool to see how people's brains process what their eyes see.

Not on topic at all, but I fucking hate .gifs like this. Where they try to make it so only one thing is moving, and the background stays static, but then they do it so poorly that you've got large sections of the .gif just doing weird, distracting things. At that point, just don't bother editing it.

hoola

Neo Member
Okay, now this is freaking weird. For shits and giggles, I inverted the image. To me, the colors look EXACTLY THE SAME but they... switched positions.

9m3sunn.jpg

Now it looks Blue and Gold. The horizontal parts went from blue to go.d, and the frizzy parts went from black to blue.

i'm looking at a color calibrated monitor i use for grading and its white and gold with a slight blue white balance. white like you were shooting in daylight with tungsten white balanced camera.

my eyes are sweet and also rad

photoshop says blueish white and gold

blue and black crew hi functioning like having an extra chromosome is not always the best

a-v-b when you say is a saturated black don't you mean was not is, who cares how we got here the colors are measurable as white and gold

Sorry, but your eyes aren't sweet and rad because the actual dress is blue and black and the image is actually over exposed which has shifted the colours to a warmer tone rather than being shifted to the colder side making it blue.

Don't feel too bad though, apparently 9/10 peoples eyes don't work properly if this thread is anything to go by. ;D

Floridian

The dress in the OP i'll see as white & gold for like 6 seconds but the moment I tilt my head back it reverts back to black & blue. Idk the cause of it

It is quite obviously black and blue, the cameras lighting coniditions just create that off tinge color which everyone with "worse" eyes is interpretting.

Everyone saying white and gold is trolling. How do people not get this.

It is quite obviously black and blue, the cameras lighting coniditions just create that off tinge color which everyone with "worse" eyes is interpretting.
maybe more people have shitty eyesight than I thought but you'd have to have pretty crazy shitty ass eyesight to get this wrong.

ultimax

at first I saw white and gold, and then when I pulled up the picture again, I see black and blue. LIKE WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL? I'm losing my mind over this, I might actually be insane

Despera

Banned
Now it looks Blue and Gold. The horizontal parts went from blue to gold, and the frizzy parts went from black to blue.
okay... we need an exorcist up in this bitch.

the inverted color image looks pretty much yellow/gold and white to me.

Burt

at first I saw white and gold, and then when I pulled up the picture again, I see black and blue. LIKE WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL? I'm losing my mind over this, I might actually be insane

I had the same thing happen.

HOW DO I SWITCH IT BACK HELP ME PLASE

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
What the fuck. I originally saw White and Gold no question, not a hint of Blue/Black at all, then after scrolling through the pages I now see Black and Blue completely nothing about it looks W/G anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom