• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The *Definitive* PSP RPGs for Vita Thread

Wazzim

Banned
On the last chapter of Corpse Party, the game just grabbed me from the start while I was actually planning on finishing ToV.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So what are the definitive versions of FFV and FFVI to play? I have the SNES, GBA, and PS1 versions but was thinking about picking it up to play on the Vita if the PS1 versions are better than the GBA ones.

So what are the definitive versions of FFV and FFVI to play? I have the SNES, GBA, and PS1 versions but was thinking about picking it up to play on the Vita if the PS1 versions are better than the GBA ones.
The GBA versions are generally considered to be the best. There is a patch for improving the music quality in FF6. The PS1 versions are alright, but the load times might bother you.

Cartman86

Banned
Alright. Should I skip Persona 1 and 2 and just go to 3? I'm pretty sure 1 with its first person perspective and older age looks like I game I just couldn't get into considering i'll have to play for a long time and I really want to get to Persona 3 (and eventually 4). Is 2 worth it? Are these games connected by story at all?

Andrefpvs

Alright. Should I skip Persona 1 and 2 and just go to 3? I'm pretty sure 1 with its first person perspective and older age looks like I game I just couldn't get into considering i'll have to play for a long time and I really want to get to Persona 3 (and eventually 4).

Yes. Play Persona 3 first. After you unconditionally become a Persona freak, you'll want to play everything Persona-related.

Eusis

Alright. Should I skip Persona 1 and 2 and just go to 3? I'm pretty sure 1 with its first person perspective and older age looks like I game I just couldn't get into considering i'll have to play for a long time and I really want to get to Persona 3 (and eventually 4). Is 2 worth it? Are these games connected by story at all?
Go to 3, and P1 and 2 are connected (but not so strongly you NEED to play P1, you can even get many tie ins just with a few hours) but not to 3.

Hex

Banned
Shitfuck - wait P3P isn't showing up in PS store through vita anymore now. I can't find it. Only Innocent Sin is showing up for me... (US region).

Please tell me that you are wrong.
I am broke for two weeks and I NEED to pick these all up when I get paid again.

RedBoot

P1 and P3 aren't showing up, but I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

Either way, you can still buy them on a PS3 and transfer them over.

Cartman86

Banned
Yeah, and it's still $29.99. Just must not have updated the store yet, or something was screwed up.

The price drop for Persona 2 is to $29.99 instead of $19.99 like the other two games.

atluspsnpricedrop2012.jpg

Cookie18

Damn, I was looking at getting a new game. I guess I'll have to wait and hope that this offer comes to the UK too. Come on Sony! I want to give you money!

i'm just bummed because my BC PS3 died (with my P3:FES save) and I want to replay the game, but I have no PS2. But now, I am reading P3P got rid of 3D exploring of the school AND the anime cutscenes? That kinda hurts, no?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Got P3P, glad I waited.

Ha ha, I knew Atlus couldn't hold out for *that* long.

Just long enough to skim some early Vita adopter sales.

Eusis

I have had it on my Vita for forever, either it'll get re-added or you can just add through your PS3 if you have one.

Wow I'm happy for you US people, you really got some quality games there for a good price. Though I suppose since P3P is published by Ghostlight in the EU it won't get cheaper anytime soon here, will it? :(

xxczx

Wow I'm happy for you US people, you really got some quality games there for a good price. Though I suppose since P3P is published by Ghostlight in the EU it won't get cheaper anytime soon here, will it? :(
People have been asking Ghostlight on Twitter for a while now, I'm sure they'll give in soon!

People have been asking Ghostlight on Twitter for a while now, I'm sure they'll give in soon!

Ha I see, yeah lets hope they do! I actually don't have that much of a problem with P3P's price, though since I can only pay with prepaid cards for PSN I essentially have to throw out 40€ just for P3P which then is a bit too much.

Famassu

So are you supposed to be able to transfer Phantasy Star Portable 2 (EU) from PS3 to Vita? How do you do that? Content manager doesn't show it when Vita is connected to PS3. :(

The only game I've successfully transfered from PS3 to Vita is "WTF - Who's That Flying", no non-Minis.

Lain

I don't think they will give in too soon, personally. The game is a bit too recent for them to do a good enough price drop on it. Now, a sale on the other hand...

So are you supposed to be able to transfer Phantasy Star Portable 2 (EU) from PS3 to Vita? How do you do that? Content manager doesn't show it when Vita is connected to PS3. :(

The only game I've successfully transfered from PS3 to Vita is "WTF - Who's That Flying", no non-Minis.

I've had no problem when I went to transfer my copy of PSP2 from my PS3 to my Vita. Showed up in the list on my Vita after connecting it to the PS3, copied over and it was done.
Have you just now downloaded PSP2 to your PS3, or is that an old download?

Rootbeer

Banned
Just bought P3P!!! Yippie! No plans to buy Persona 1 right now, but I'm looking into some videos and reviews for P2 since I've never played it.

The new prices are really great. Now I hope this paves the way for more PSP DD price drops. A lot of the games on there really need to be $15 or under. Even with UMDs you can find almost every game for $19.99 or less, most 9.99 -- brand new.

SE needs to get Crisis Core up on the PSN. What is the hold up?

And as always... I will continue to make nightly animal sacrifices in the honor of SE and Disney hoping to appease them into adding Birth By Sleep to the PSN. It's bound to make some impact eventually.

Famassu

I've had no problem when I went to transfer my copy of PSP2 from my PS3 to my Vita. Showed up in the list on my Vita after connecting it to the PS3, copied over and it was done.
Have you just now downloaded PSP2 to your PS3, or is that an old download?
I downloaded PSP2 again, amongst other games (Patapon 3 and something else I'm forgetting right now). None of them show up. :(

Nibel

Need your help!

I always was interested in The 3rd Birthday - and the price seems to be pretty good. But is the game itself any good? It looks really interesting, but I fear that it could turn out to be not that good.

So, be honest: is The 3rd Birthday worth buying?

Famassu

For the thread: XSEED announces Unchained Blades for 3DS/PSP (Digital Only) - Will work on Vita!

Have we heard anything new from XSEED about Grand Knights History yet? Really looking forward to it but I get the feeling XSEED are announcing more games than they are releasing.
Seems like there are some problems with Vanillaware (their other game has disappeared from Amazon too), GKH & Dragon's Crown's developer or their publisher.

Need your help!

I always was interested in The 3rd Birthday - and the price seems to be pretty good. But is the game itself any good? It looks really interesting, but I fear that it could turn out to be not that good.

So, be honest: is The 3rd Birthday worth buying?
Shit story, fun gameplay. So... if you don't mind a Toriyama'd Parasite Eve story, it should be worth it, especially if you play it on Vita.

I'm sooooo tempted to buy a Vita right now to play FFT and Tactics Orge while they are on avaiable for a low price. Played FFT once for some hours on a friends ps1 and never had a PSP. SOOOOO tempted but don't know if should just spend the money.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I'm sooooo tempted to buy a Vita right now to play FFT and Tactics Orge while they are on avaiable for a low price. Played FFT once for some hours on a friends ps1 and never had a PSP. SOOOOO tempted but don't know if should just spend the money.

If you never har a psp, it is a no brainer. Get a vita. Enjoy.

xxczx

If you are planning on getting a Vita soon, you could just buy them on PSN via MediaGo ready for when you get your Vita :D

If you are planning on getting a Vita soon, you could just buy them on PSN via MediaGo ready for when you get your Vita :D

Thats a good idea, might wait for a small pricedrop. Thanks

edit: I just read that the Vita doesn't have the MediaGo support. The games won't show in my downloadlist when I will try to get them over to the Vita. I can only download the games from the Vita's PSN store downloadlist to make it work. Is that correct or is there another way to do it?

Thats a good idea, might wait for a small pricedrop. Thanks

edit: I just read that the Vita doesn't have the MediaGo support. The games won't show in my downloadlist when I will try to get them over to the Vita. I can only download the games from the Vita's PSN store downloadlist to make it work. Is that correct or is there another way to do it?

You can also download them on a ps3 (if you have one) and transfer them to vita with the content manager.

Yeah I got a PS3. Does it matter if I have different accounts on the PS3 and the Vita to do this?

Yes it matters. You can only transfer and play the games on the account that you bought them on.

Edit: you can just buy the games on your ps3 on the same account as the one that's active on your vita. If you haven't already, just make a new user and log in on PSN with the account from your vita and buy them on that account.

xxczx

Yeah it doesn't have Vita support but you can buy them and they will show up on your Vita download list (depending on the game, I think TO and FFT works though) ready to download from there but I didn't know you had a PS3 so you can just forget about that!
Yeah I got a PS3. Does it matter if I have different accounts on the PS3 and the Vita to do this?
You'll need the same account. So just log into the account you're going to use for the Vita and buy it from there!

Rootbeer

Banned
I think we need a new thread since OP has been banned and there's been some changes, like the new and improved Atlus price drops, the upcoming xseed game, and i'm sure we haven't seen the end of the pending changes and additions to the PSN now that publishers are altering their strategies to better suit the Vita userbase -- we need someone who is around and available to keep the OP updated.

Top Bottom