• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Beta Thread: Make Manhattan Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Zo7y48i.png
I hope this becomes a thing just like bowing your head was a thing to do in Dark Souls before PVP is iniated.Sure it wasn't always followed in Dark Souls but I like the idea of the community driven mannerism in video games.

Sanpei

what are the console resolutions ? Is there any official thing about it ?
And what is the fps ? 30 or 60 ?

IvorB

Whether it works or not, the concept of the Dark Zone is so lovely. I just don't expect a AAA game to be that ballsy these days. Going rogue, stealing loot, or upholding justice. It sounds like it'll be both very satisfying but also frustrating.

I think Demon's Souls paved the way for sanctioned griefing in modern games so now everyone is getting involved.

JeffG

Whether it works or not, the concept of the Dark Zone is so lovely. I just don't expect a AAA game to be that ballsy these days. Going rogue, stealing loot, or upholding justice. It sounds like it'll be both very satisfying but also frustrating.

I will see how many times I get murdered there. lol

IvorB

I hope this becomes a thing just like bowing your head was a thing to do in Dark Souls before PVP is iniated.Sure it wasn't always followed in Dark Souls but I like the idea of the community driven mannerism in video games.

I hope it becomes a thing too. Somebody standing still and doing jumping jacks would make such a lovely target ha ha.

what are the console resolutions ? Is there any official thing about it ?
And what is the fps ? 30 or 60 ?

You can pretty much count on all open world games to be 30fps on consoles. Obviously there may be an exception or two, but none that I've seen yet.

Kane1345

People are definitely going to do the jumping jacks emote to lure you into a false sense of security then BAM!....loot gone

Senhua

Nice info, I wish no one will shoot me while do that 'move' :)

Ethelwulf

I got the following message after redeeming my code at the Ubi website:

Before the beta starts, we will send you your access key via the email address associated with your Uplay account.

Haven't received the code yet. Is this normal? Thanks!

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I hope it becomes a thing too. Somebody standing still and doing jumping jacks would make such a lovely target ha ha.

Nice info, I wish no one will shoot me while do that 'move' :)

People are definitely going to do the jumping jacks emote to lure you into a false sense of security then BAM!....loot gone

Well just have to see how the community goes because either it goes the the same way the Alpha did were only about 10% of the playerbase actually go Rogue or it goes the GTA V way were everybody becomes an ass and kills anybody on sight.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oh damn, I just noticed how epic the pre-order incentive Hazmat suit is. I love that bright orange look and the M416 with white and orange hexagons looks really nice.

the-division-pre-order-hazmat-dlc-hd.jpg

There's also one of these, I think I'll go with firefighter.

tc-the-division-pre-order-bonus-police-firefighter-paramedic-dlc.jpg

Senhua

Well just have to see how the community goes because either it goes the the same way the Alpha did were only about 10% of the playerbase actually go Rogue or it goes the GTA V way were everybody becomes an ass and kills anybody on sight.

I remember something about bounty.
If an agent too often go rogue then it will get higher and anybody will come after him\her isn't it?
I wish the reward is good like rare weapon etc not just just money.

Ahh right, MGSV is in fact 60fps on consoles. However, the game world was utterly lifeless and you couldn't traverse over hills and mountains. The developers funneled the player from point A to point B, so not a true open world game in that sense but I digress.

Edit: Don't know why I didn't remember this given that I own and invested 40+ hours into MGSV on PS4.

Kane1345

If agent often go rogue then it's get higher and anybody will come after him\her isn't it?

You get rewarded with cash and DZ experience to upgrade your DZ level. Also if they're carrying any contaminated loot you can pick that up for yourself.

Helznicht

If an agent too often go rogue then it will get higher and anybody will come after him\her isn't it?

Thing is if everybody (majority) of players are doing kill on sight, bounties are meaningless. It just turn into a war zone. Cant wait for Beta to see how it goes.

Oh damn, I just noticed how epic the pre-order incentive Hazmat suit is. I love that bright orange look and the M416 with white and orange hexagons looks really nice.

I like how a lot of gear has themes to it, firefighter, police, paramedic, worker, it's a lot better then just guy in camo.

Theorry

So annoying its still only for US.

Xion_Stellar

Don't forget get that the Gold Edition also gets you the National Guard Set.

51z%2B4d8dLKL.jpg

So essentially on release day I will have the National Guard Set,The Paramedics Set and the Hazamat Set.

Smash88

Banned
So I installed the new Nvidia driver and it's showing up under safely eject hardware/media.

What the fuck is my GPU doing under that?

Tecnniqe

Banned
So I installed the new Nvidia driver and it's showing up under safely eject hardware/media.

What the fuck is my GPU doing under that?
Click eject and see if the GPU launches into Orbit.
Don't forget get that the Gold Edition also gets you the National Guard Set.

51z%2B4d8dLKL.jpg

So essentially on release day I will have the National Guard Set,The Paramedics Set and the Hazamat Set.

Yup, Hazmat, NG + 4 free ones :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom