• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Beta Thread: Make Manhattan Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brink was great
image.php

It had some ideas.

RoKKeR

Great OT and title. Was impressed by the alpha but it was still rough around the edges, so I look forward to seeing how it has improved.

Archpath1

SMART was a good movement system in brink

Any way there certainly was a look of fake outs in DZ shooting near feet or body to provoke others , running in front of firefights

Kane1345

Hostile is when you've shot someone a few times, but not enough to go rogue. There is a damage threshold you need to pass in order to go rogue. When going hostile you get a little warning saying you are attacking a non-hostile and continuing to do so will turn you rogue.1

Thank God :D

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I'm excited for this. Totally thought the beta went live early though, seeing this OT. Wishful thinking FTW

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'm EU doe, ty anywaaaaays xD

use VPN/Proxy to get the uPlay code and redeem it on your EU account

In short:

Activate VPN and enter the website listed on reddit
Enter the code "Agentorigins" (or whatever)
It will tell you to log in, select create account
Google 10 minute mail
Enter 10 minute mail into the account email field and set account to NA if it asks you
Once account is created log in with it
You will now get a displayed uPlay code which you can redeem for any account, at least on PC.

DOWN

Banned
If I've downloaded the beta on PS4 and Xbox One now, but my Uplay now only lists Beta Access for Xbox One, am I still okay to go on PS4? Or does my Uplay account have a chance of preventing me from connecting on PS4?

hey guys i have a question, im looking to play this game on my pc but i need to now if my pc can run this game since my cpu was not on the list!! here is my pc spec: phenom ii x6 1100t, 12 gb ram, and gtx 970!

If I've downloaded the beta on PS4 and Xbox One now, but my Uplay now only lists Beta Access for Xbox One, am I still okay to go on PS4? Or does my Uplay account have a chance of preventing me from connecting on PS4?
In this case, Uplay primarily serves as a way of distributing codes.

Kane1345

use VPN/Proxy to get the uPlay code and redeem it on your EU account

In short:

Activate VPN and enter the website listed on reddit
Enter the code "Agentorigins" (or whatever)
It will tell you to log in, select create account
Google 10 minute mail
Enter 10 minute mail into the account email field and set account to NA if it asks you
Once account is created log in with it
You will now get a displayed uPlay code which you can redeem for any account, at least on PC.

Thanks for this! Got the code. So now we have to wait till the game is out till we enter the code on UPlay right?

Archpath1

I feel like this is gonna turn into The Warriors, groups will dress in similar close forming gangs, you'll have a group in firefighter gear , the cops, the beanie babies, allCAPS etc.

Can you dig it?

Smash88

Banned
hey guys i have a question, im looking to play this game on my pc but i need to now if my pc can run this game since my cpu was not on the list!! here is my pc spec: phenom ii x6 1100t, 12 gb ram, and gtx 970!

Isn't a Phenom II x6 1100t better than a AMD FX-6100?

Thanks for this! Got the code. So now we have to wait till the game is out till we enter the code on UPlay right?

I entered mine already, even though it said it would restrict you. When I try to enter it again it says I already own it.

stb

Great OP.

Preloaded the beta on PS4 and PC. I expect I'll actually play most of the beta and released game on PS4 due to my Destiny pals being there, but grabbed the PC to see how it runs. I may double dip if it runs well on my machine and gets a decent discount.

Glad to see so many familiar faces from D(estiny)GAF here. Looking forward to playing with my raid guys, transplanted DeGAF folk, and new people.

EDIT: Not sure about anyone else, but I'm going to use DeGAF (Destiny) and DiGAF (Division) going forward.

keenerz

I'm all preloaded up on PC, played the alpha on Xbox One wasn't too hot about it but maybe changing systems will make it more enjoyable

This only counts for the full game, but if you don't have a UbiClub account, I would suggest signing up. You'll likely get some rewards for participating in the Beta. They'll also have weapon skins and cosmetic clothing.

Dave_6

Great OP.

Preloaded the beta on PS4 and PC. I expect I'll actually play most of the beta and released game on PS4 due to my Destiny pals being there, but grabbed the PC to see how it runs. I may double dip if it runs well on my machine and gets a decent discount.

Glad to see so many familiar faces from D(estiny)GAF here. Looking forward to playing with my raid guys, transplanted DGAF folk, and new people.

EDIT: Not sure about anyone else, but I'm going to use DeGAF (Destiny) and DiGAF (Division) going forward.

Where/who did you preorder the PC version from? I'd like to check out the PC beta as well but I don't want to run into an issue if I decide I don't care for it and want to cancel.

Raven117

Gold Member
If Ubisoft can pull this off...they may have a real winner on their hands.

Destiny helped define a market for these games...The players that really got into it are hungry for a new experience.

If they can deliver...damn...We will have a real RPG/Shooter/Loot War going on between Bungie and Massive (activision and Ubisoft).

Things will be awesome.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Where/who did you preorder the PC version from? I'd like to check out the PC beta as well but I don't want to run into an issue if I decide I don't care for it and want to cancel.

Pre-order codes let you select platform, X1 PS4 or PC. Use amazon to get it free. (pre-order and cancel)

Select PC at that stage and enter code into uPlay/check your uPlay account.

Helznicht

It looks just below an i5 2500K in performance, which is the minimum requirement. It will likely run, but you will have to lower some settings that are cpu dependent (view distance, physics, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom