• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Beta Thread: Make Manhattan Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I tried to enter it on the UPlay client but it says the code is not valid. The email I got with the code says I have to redeem it on PSN? I'll try doing it there

If you selected PS4 it needs to be redeemed on PSN (might give error until release).

If you select PC you can redeem it on the uPlay client.

Smash88

Banned
I tried to enter it on the UPlay client but it says the code is not valid. The email I got with the code says I have to redeem it on PSN? I'll try doing it there

Yeah I'm not sure what the process is on consoles, should have mentioned I did it through the PC Uplay client. Maybe it will work through whatever redeeming system your console has. Although if it doesn't work, they said they would restrict it to the release date so don't panic.

Theorry

If Ubisoft can pull this off...they may have a real winner on their hands.

Destiny helped define a market for these games...The players that really got into it are hungry for a new experience.

If they can deliver...damn...We will have a real RPG/Shooter/Loot War going on between Bungie and Massive (activision and Ubisoft).

Things will be awesome.

People really need to be carefull with this going into the beta or the full game. Sure it has some Destiny or you can say typical MMO things. But at its core its way more a RPG. Scared this game gets way to much compared to Destiny also maybe in reviews.

Dave_6

Pre-order codes let you select platform, X1 PS4 or PC. Use amazon to get it free. (pre-order and cancel)

Select PC at that stage and enter code into uPlay/check your uPlay account.

Wasn't thinking and forgot that I could preorder the physical edition so I just did that.

WGMBY

Damn, wanted to play this, but no beta code.

Glad to see door closing is still in. Clearly the new mechanic of the year :)

If Ubisoft can pull this off...they may have a real winner on their hands.

Destiny helped define a market for these games...The players that really got into it are hungry for a new experience.

If they can deliver...damn...We will have a real RPG/Shooter/Loot War going on between Bungie and Massive (activision and Ubisoft).

Things will be awesome.

Competition is amazing, especially in a market such as this. I'm excited for things too come.

People really need to be carefull with this going into the beta or the full game. Sure it has some Destiny or you can say typical MMO things. But at its core its way more a RPG. Scared this game gets way to much compared to Destiny also maybe in reviews.

You seem to know more about this game then most, so can you clarify something for me?
How many friends can you play with? I want to play in a 4 man squad, but everything looks like it's just a 3 man team. On the wiki it says:

This game has a squad of 3 people only and 4 players with in the safe zone.

What does this mean?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Quoting myself, no one replied :(

What do I get from this edition?

TD_mockup_GOLD_EDITION_UK_602x339.jpg

Archpath1

You seem to know more about this game then most, so can you clarify something for me?
How many friends can you play with? I want to play in a 4 man squad, but everything looks like it's just a 3 man team. On the wiki it says:

What does this mean?

Total 4 in group including you

Anyone else not receive their amazon beta codes? I Preordered from Amazon UK and US and haven't received any.

Checked spam folders? They send the code within minutes. Either contact Amazon or cancel and make another order, just about everyone has said they got their code from Amazon quickly.

Kane1345

What does this mean?

As far as I know it's 4 man. I've heard this quite a few times in vids over the past few weeks.

EDIT: Beaten

Tecnniqe

Banned
If we put the containment bag on the chopper hooks, what happens if you get killed? Can players steal the loot? Is it lost? Or is it at that point "saved"?

Tovarisc

If we put the containment bag on the chopper hooks, what happens if you get killed? Can players steal the loot? Is it lost? Or is it at that point "saved"?

Moment the item is on extraction rope it's safe and you will get the item no matter what.

Klyka

Banned

someone who played the alpha earlier said that once the loot is on the hook,it's safe.
I think it was also said in one of the bigger youtuber videos

Kane1345

No idea. I know that other people not in your squad can put their bags on a chopper you call in but I'd like to know the answer to your question too

Moment the item is on extraction rope it's safe and you will get the item no matter what.

someone who played the alpha earlier said that once the loot is on the hook,it's safe.
I think it was also said in one of the bigger youtuber videos

Well there it is :)

CorySchmitz

Apologies if this has been answered but...

The Division beta website says:

"YOU HAVE ALREADY REDEEMED YOUR BETA CODE
Before the beta starts, we will send you your access key via the email address associated with your Uplay account."

But I've received no key & on the Uplay site it says "You don't have access to any game alphas or betas for the moment."

Any ideas?

I wonder if the content is exactly the same as the Alpha, with the one medical wing mission. If that's the case I'm heading straight to the DZ, since those missions can be done at any time through matchmaking via the map which I thought was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom