• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skux

I liked the episode. I'm glad they fixed the Jay Garrick character and gave JWS a sweet hero moment.

I'm excited for next season but a bit worried the writers have bitten off more than they can chew. How hard will they commit to Flashpoint? Will it affect the other shows? How are they going to work Supergirl into this? There are so many moving parts to take into account.

Xemnas89

I liked the episode. I'm glad they fixed the Jay Garrick character and gave JWS a sweet hero moment.

I'm excited for next season but a bit worried the writers have bitten off more than they can chew. How hard will they commit to Flashpoint? Will it affect the other shows? How are they going to work Supergirl into this? There are so many moving parts to take into account.

I hope they have a good idea in place because it would be a shame to waste the flashpoint storyline and yet that is a possibility.

wew

Quite the finale! Really glad that masked man was Shipp. Glad it went that route.
Would've preferred Zoom vs Flash to have more time, it ended in a...flash...
Black Racer/Flash! That's going to be interesting to see.
Stop, Barry, stop. Why you gotta go FP route D:
I suppose this means Patty might make a return. Also, it would be interesting if he forgets the old timeline this time.
Hoping it means that Snart is back and FP makes waves in Arrow as well.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Turning his symbol red wasn't a coincidence. They won't need Teddy Sears anymore, Tony Todd's voice is more than enough.

We need an episode where he creates ludicrously convoluted scenarios for characters to die, while Tony Todd chills out in a morgue and makes allusions to death.

JohnDoe

Banned
I was waiting for Flashpoint to happen for this finale. Didn't expect it to be this way though! Really nice finale albeit not quite as awesome as Season 1's.

Looking forward to how this changes Earth-1 and what the effects are on the other shows.

Barry giving zero fucks about time wraiths right after he saw them turn Zoom into a zombie, Black Flash is gonna turn his ass inside out.

So... if Flashpoint has any effect on Arrow I really hope they pull a Buffy season 5 moment where at the end of the episode Oliver walks into his home (maybe his old home from S1/S2) and is greeted by his dad (or Tommy) and just says 'Hi Dad (Tommy).' and then it cuts to black with no explanation given.

DeathyBoy

Banned
So... if Flashpoint has any effect on Arrow I really hope they pull a Buffy season 5 moment where at the end of the episode Oliver walks into his home (maybe his old home from S1/S2) and is greeted by his dad (or Tommy) and just says 'Hi Dad (Tommy).' and then it cuts to black with no explanation given.

Tommy was even more useless than Dawn tho.

Decent finale, and I'm hoping Barry actually grows and moves on after fixing this most recent bit of time fuckery. I hope they don't belabor Barry and Iris being together, but knowing CW we're going to have at least a half seasons worth of RADIOACTIVE.

Also: it will be a woefully missed opportunity for them to do Flashpoint Paradox and not have a Robert Queen Arrow
write a letter for Barry to deliver to Oliver

V_Arnold

Flash S2 is a time remnant. It is just a mere remnant of what was good in Flash S1.

No character development AT ALL. No good decisions at all. No logic, no reason, no plans, no nothing.

Cant wait for S3 finale when Barry realizes
he CANNOT save her mom. Cant wait.
. I also know what is gonna happen in S4 finale as well!

DeathyBoy

Banned
Flash S2 is a time remnant. It is just a mere remnant of what was good in Flash S1.

No character development AT ALL. No good decisions at all. No logic, no reason, no plans, no nothing.

Cant wait for S3 finale when Barry realizes
he CANNOT save her mom. Cant wait.
. I also know what is gonna happen in S4 finale as well!

Oh dear God... it's Arrow Season 3 OT all over again...

Is Flashpoint one of the only big DC comic events from recent years that people have latched onto in the style of something like Infinite Earths? I'm always surprised at how excitedly everyone talks about it, especially with how ComicGAF seems to talk about Geoff Johns.

Flashpoint itself was ok, the tie ins were some of the greatest parts of flashpoint. I actually liked Forever Evil better (it's a new 52 event, more recent), and the last god tier event from DC was Blackest Night or Sinestro Corps War (or 52, whichever came later). The new 52 events have been mostly good or ok, barring Trinity War.

Flashpoint movie was much better though, I'd atleast recommend checking that out.

There are certainly some people that dislike Johns but they're nowhere near the majority. He's a great writer.

Caj814

Why is he moron? he wanted to save his mom.

you would have done the same

xwvU2Uoh.jpg

Mmm hmmm

Ok seriously just watched the finale

THis is going to REWRITE the entire show

Like what happens to him? Doesnt he essentially become a time remnant stuck in limbo now?

This should erase the existence of the current timeline. Im so confused

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Why is he moron? he wanted to save his mom.

you would have done the same

Not if I had seen everything Barry has seen up to this point. Shouldn't he know better by now? I could understand him wanting to try it that first time( he was smart enough not to do it) but to attempt it again now? Come on. You being reckless and stupid Barry.

KonradLaw

ehh..so much stupidity. Why not just beat the shit out of Zoom? Why risk bringing wraiths in just to have a technical out about not killing Zoom when Barry sure as hell killed before.

Why didn't Joe just fucking shot Zoom when he was down? He's a cop. He surely killed shitload of people before.

And I have no clue how they will do next season. You can't do full Flashpoint, because the other three shows won't be affected. Will Barry saving his mom create just another Earth? But then how will the crossover work next season? Also, it feels like the whole next season will be a wash, since it will obviously end with Barry going back to the same spot and stopping himself, the way he saw it in S1.

And time remnants make no fucking sense. If it's earlier version of Barry, how does Barry survive when the remnant dies? Reverse Flash sure as hell didn't.

Overall a dissapoiting ending to a very dissapoiting season, that felt just like a much crappier copy of S1.

They laid the seeds for Wally and Quick to become speedsters i thought

Was that a red herring? I guess it would have been too disruptive to the finale plot to have them discover their powers either way

DeathyBoy

Banned
Not if I had seen everything Barry has seen up to this point. Shouldn't he know better by now? I could understand him wanting to try it that first time( he was smart enough not to do it) but to attempt it again now? Come on. You being reckless and stupid Barry.

THAT'S THE POINT.

Like the show is not saying 'Barry is right.' It's put him into a borderline depressed state and had him consumed by the idea that he can save them. He's not thinking clearly. And I call bullshit on anyone here, if they could time travel, seriously shrugging off their parents deaths at the hands of supervillains as 'ah well, one of those things.'

Raxus

They laid the seeds for Wally and Quick to become speedsters i thought

Was that a red herring? I guess it would have been too disruptive to the finale plot to have them discover their powers either way

It happened so late in the season the writers most likely left it on the back burner for now.

Hell I wonder why they brought Wally in the first place. Writing was kind of all over the place this season.

Magwik

Banned
The implication that A future Barry knows saving his mother is a bad idea already experienced Flashpoint was sort of set let year. However to have Barry go back in time now and save his mom after accepting he can't save her and shouldn't is really fucking dumb.

DeathyBoy

Banned
It happened so late in the season the writers most likely left it on the back burner for now.

Hell I wonder why they brought Wally in the first place. Writing was kind of all over the place this season.

If I had to guess, I'd assume Wally/Jesse are there as a way to let everyone know that the show isn't going to be changed that drastically by what Barry does. That and it took months in a coma before Barry became The Flash.

Joni

A slow build is good though, it is one of the parts I like this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom