• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Do I have to watch the 1st season of Supergirl or are they going to reboot that also?
They wont reboot anything, except his relationship with Patty. The end result will be a Flash timeline with slight changes but anything major will be kept. These aren't comics, people hate reboots on tv.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Do I have to watch the 1st season of Supergirl or are they going to reboot that also?

Nobody knows. I honestly wouldn't expect any show to get rebooted wholesale. Supergirl is moving networks, so it probably has the biggest chance of getting a soft reset so it is more accessible for new fans.

And the past crossovers have been pretty accessible. They explain who people are from other shows.

It´s sad that Barry has not learned a damned thing. WTF.

The stupidity in the ending episodes of Shield and Flash shows that Gotham is leagues better than the two of them, and better than any DC and Marvel shows.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
It´s sad that Barry has not learned a damned thing. WTF.

what annoys me so much about that, is that they portray him as an intelligent logical science guy and then he does stuff like that.
tVDeVMB.gif

tkscz

what annoys me so much about that, is that they portray him as an intelligent logical science guy and then he does stuff like that.
tVDeVMB.gif

He's intelligent but emotional. He has and will let his emotions get the best of him regardless of consequences.

He's intelligent but emotional. He has and will let his emotions get the best of him regardless of consequences.

It´s just a stupid cop out writing. Barry is extremely intelligent, and he has made plenty of mistakes based on his emotions, but the problem is he never learns from them.

Schnozberry

I don't get how people think he's stupid. This entire season Barry has felt like he should have saved his mother, after his dad dying I'm not surprised he want to try again. We're talking about a guy who's just lost his dad.

And it's not like he knows what's going to happen.

Well, he has had it explained to him several times how major timeline changes can blow up in his face. He's seen what the Time Wraith's did to Zoom, and Thawne told him the lengths he had to go to avoid them, and how it was pure happenstance that Hartley figured out how to destroy one in the altered timeline.

Then again, the show has played fast and loose with the timeline rules before, and rushed through three major Flash events in the final episode of Season 2, so the Flashpoint story could either be compressed into 2 episodes or run through the entirety of Season 3. We really have no idea at this point.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Arrow season 4 > Flash season 2.

Darhk > Zoom.

Cosigned.

Legends of Tomorrow could have been the real MVP since they had a shorter episode order, which should have meant less filler and a more focused season..but nope.

iZombie had a perfect Season 2. The hero that DC TV deserves.

Zero315

Banned
Ever since the Supergirl news I've been wondering if they were going to plan some big event to fold her into the Arrowverse. With the news of the big four way crossover and now Barry saving his Mom I think it's possible we might be seeing a Flashpoint type event where Supergirl ends up in Earth-1.

Between that leg bracelet that they put on Zoom, to the gun not working out, the stupidity of the genius crew is really dazzling. Seriously sometimes the plot induced stupidity is overwhelming me, and taking away a lot of my enjoyment of the show. The writers need to step it up.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
That's just it. I assume he went forward in time as he can't possibly grab his past self. Also if I follow their logic, this would explain why Barry "disappears" in the future, making Gideon's news report in season 1 be true. However, since this show plays it very loose with time, Barry doing the whole flashpoint bit could change things drastically once he "repairs" what he broke.

I don't think so, I thought Barry said he went a few minutes back in time and grabbed a past version of himself.

The only thing that would make that work is LOL Speedforce.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Anyone else think Hunter resembled Black Lantern Flash when the Wraiths got to him?

He absolutely did and I'm pretty sure that's where they're going with Zoom - he becomes Black Flash.

Edit:

Hmmm - the way I think they could make time remnants work is by explaining it away by saying they traveled back to a timeline that didn't exist anymore to grab a previous version of themselves. It's not the greatest when you really examine it, but it's better than what we currently have.

Edit 2: Ah, you said Black Lantern Flash - no, as somebody else caught below, more Black Flash.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Anyone else think Hunter resembled Black Lantern Flash when the Wraiths got to him?
No, they purposely made him look like the Black Flash, the version of Death specifically for Speedsters.

Black Lantern Flash is a whole 'nother can of worms.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
No, they purposely made him look like the Black Flash, the version of Death specifically for Speedsters.

Black Lantern Flash is a whole 'nother can of worms.

Shit sorry, that's who I'm thinking of

I'd love him as the big bad for season 3

Yea, I can see why he did it. He's at a point where he just wants to say fuck it. Fuck what has happened to me, my friends and my family. I'm sick and tired of all these bad things happening to me. I need a change, a drastic one while we're at it. That's how I see it from my view.

All of this will, hopefully, allow Barry to learn from his mistakes and mature as a hero and a speedster. Do I think the writers will write him like that down the line? I certainly hope so because they will lose viewers if they keep up with the PIS and emotions (it's still the CW afterall).

Grizzlyjin

Whats the point of flashpoint if it doesn't affect the other shows

Because they're different productions, they have different writers' rooms. I know people like the idea of a connected universe, but they're really only connected for crossovers and small cameos. Flashpoint rebooted the entire DC universe. They're not going to invalidate years of storytelling on every DC show on the network for a season finale stinger. Not everybody watches every show.

The other shows would have to do storylines for however long this thing with Barry lasts, and then it will all be undone. Making those stories pointless. No character growth, no meaning to revelations, etc. You can do it contained on Flash because (ideally) Barry should grow and learn from his experience. It will test him. But the other shows having different versions of their characters for an event they can't resolve would be bad tv storytelling. It works in comics for big events, but these shows don't crossover like comics.

Also, the reasoning behind everything changing in Flashpoint has always been iffy in my opinion. I like the storyline, but that one changing effecting past events that occurred before Nora's death...eh. Little too Time Wimey for me.

Xemnas89

Because they're different productions, they have different writers' rooms. I know people like the idea of a connected universe, but they're really only connected for crossovers and small cameos. Flashpoint rebooted the entire DC universe. They're not going to invalidate years of storytelling on every DC show on the network for a season finale stinger. Not everybody watches every show.

The other shows would have to do storylines for however long this thing with Barry lasts, and then it will all be undone. Making those stories pointless. No character growth, no meaning to revelations, etc. You can do it contained on Flash because (ideally) Barry should grow and learn from his experience. It will test him. But the other shows having different versions of their characters for an event they can't resolve would be bad tv storytelling. It works in comics for big events, but these shows don't crossover like comics.

Also, the reasoning behind everything changing in Flashpoint has always been iffy in my opinion. I like the storyline, but that one changing effecting past events that occurred before Nora's death...eh. Little too Time Wimey for me.

Besides as long as they keep flash in a bubble while the flashpoint stuff is going on it can still kind of work. You could still bring robert queen to the flash as the green arrow if the flash exists in it's own world for awhile.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

But but timewaves!

Wouldn't this be technically bringing the old timeline back? I'm wondering if both his parents still died in the original timeline when he got his powers in 2020.

Grizzlyjin

Besides as long as they keep flash in a bubble while the flashpoint stuff is going on it can still kind of work. You could still bring robert queen to the flash as the green arrow because if the flash exists in it's own world for awhile.

Exactly. I'm thinking it could be like Barry creating a new timeline, and he lives there while everyone else is in the normal one. It actually makes more sense than everything just changing. So Barry changing the past doesn't destroy "our" reality, it just creates a diverging one that he follows back to the present. And everything would be different there. That allows them to have everything on Flash be different, but the other shows can chug along as they intend to.

Joni

Would be amazing: people wanting to see whatever happened at the end of LOT and Supergirl, instead getting something else because Barry fucked up.

Exactly. I'm thinking it could be like Barry creating a new timeline, and he lives there while everyone else is in the normal one. It actually makes more sense than everything just changing. So Barry changing the past doesn't destroy "our" reality, it just creates a diverging one that he follows back to the present. And everything would be different there. That allows them to have everything on Flash be different, but the other shows can chug along as they intend to.

Would explain how Barry disappears in the original timeline.

Introducing yet another approach to time travel wouldn't surprise me. At this point changing the past alters the future except where the plot dictates it doesn't (time remnants).

Could even have the speedforce fake it.

If changing the past just creates another timeline then I'm not sure why the speedforce would care enough to send wraiths.

In my opinion they went too deep into time travel too quickly. Or at least they should have left it alone after season 1 until the RF appears again in later seasons.

The Light

Just had another thought. Is this really flashpoint? I guess in the context for viewers it is but isn't Barry just getting the original timeline back before Eobard messed with everything?

Bit-Bit

Oh my fucking God. Just watched the finale. I can't deal right now.

That ending just blew my mind.

Amazing. Hats off to the writers for having so much balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom