• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Barry has managed to crack my top three of most obnoxious characters in the arrowverse who need a sudden tragic death.

1. Felicity's mother
2. Felicity
3. Barry waste of potential Allen.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The worst thing about the post-Walking Dead/Game of Thrones era of TV is that it's convinced viewers that the only way to resolve a character's story is to brutally kill them.

Seriously, everyone is obsessed with death now.

Permanently A

You guys are totally right about Barry's character regressing but I stopped giving a fuck about his stupid ass a long time ago. Just happy to have flashpoint.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
You guys are totally right about Barry's character regressing but I stopped giving a fuck about his stupid ass a long time ago. Just happy to have flashpoint.

this pretty much

i occasionally give barry a pass on his stupidity because sometimes it gives us awesome things like this (flashpoint) and other times it's his only weakness so we wouldn't really have a show otherwise

still frustrating most of the time tho

Ithil

Surprised there wasn't even a hint of Wally/Jessie going speedster, let alone them getting powers. Guess they decided to hold off til somewhere in Season 3 instead.

I liked the finally, it wasn't amazing but it was decent. What I didn't like is how
Jay Garrick
ended up going away without barely speaking to Barry.

icespide

Banned
I liked the finally, it wasn't amazing but it was decent. What I didn't like is how
Jay Garrick
ended up going away without barely speaking to Barry.

Barry was clearly upset about the deal with his dad, it makes sense that he was avoiding Jay. Jay had no idea he was Henry's doppleganger

Just some thoughts (I may have already brought up some of these points):

Barry is an idiot. Last episode he thought the speedforce was always with him and that everything will work out, despite the fact that it told him to accept loss (implying that he will lose from time to time).

Then after Zoom gets taken away to speedforce hell for meddling with time Barry then decides to change the past despite the fact that his nemesis (RF) explicitly told him to save his mother back in season 1 (which should set off red flags) AND his future self told him not to do it.

This is in addition to him messing with time on other occasions. At this point Barry deserves to get his shit turned inside out.

Also, what was with Jay's helmet being lopsided when he went through the portal. Couldn't they redo that shot?

SD11ZJQ.gif

lol

Speedforce: "Barry, being The Flash means you're going to have to accept loss."

Barry: "I'm invincible!"

Speedforce: "..."

oti

Banned
This show.
THIS BLOODY SHOW.

What is the point of that mask revelation, the ending and EVERYTHING THAT EVER HAPPENED EVER.

Barry has managed to crack my top three of most obnoxious characters in the arrowverse who need a sudden tragic death.

1. Felicity's mother
2. Felicity

Is Felicity that bad in Arrow S3 and S4. I loved her in S1 and S2. And her mom's there as well?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Is Felicity that bad in Arrow S3 and S4. I loved her in S1 and S2. And her mom's there as well?

That's an understatement and yeah everyone loved her in s1 and s2. arrow is like the perfect case study in 100% complete and perfect character assassination.

Ollie went from a sociopath with some cool moves and clever tricks to a dumbass like Barry who shoots his bow (non-lethally) once in a blue moon. Felicity went from the quirky comic relief IT girl to the central character in a soap opera. Slade went from the badass frenemy who made a promise to getting his shit kicked in by Thea Queen as a villain of the week. Walter disappeared. There's much more, but the list would be too long and start to look like an essay.

Yager

Banned
Enjoyed the episode despite some dumb decisions they made regarding how to beat Zoom. But everything was worth because of that ending. I don't know how much it will affect the other shows, but HOLY SHIT. If this means a soft reboot for Arrow and the inclusion of Supergirl in the same earth, I am so in.

Overall season was weaker than the first one, but the high points continue to be so fucking high that I don't care. Can't wait for S3.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
This show.
THIS BLOODY SHOW.

What is the point of that mask revelation, the ending and EVERYTHING THAT EVER HAPPENED EVER.

She's intolerable. The over-acting in every scene would be bad enough but the character herself is just a constant blackhole of joy, leaving nothing but tiresome drama behind. And her fucking mother is beyond awful. Originally played as a stereotypical dumb blonde, they decided to make her a nosey self righteous shrew too. She exists to tell people vastly smarter and more informed than her what to do, throw guilt trip pity parties to get attention while the world is ending, and be a generally unpleasant and argumentative twit who fills every scene with her idiotic chatter.

1. Felicity's mother
2. Felicity
Its time for a Wally season and then a Jessie season. Then they have a kid and he/she has a season.
Flash's Bizzare Adventure

Huh, so we're getting Flashpoint next season or maybe something close to it? I can't imagine them doing it any justice whatsoever on a TV budget, but I'm interested to see what twist they'll put on it.

It's also got me curious if the Flash movie will be Flashpoint based too. Seems the show is trying to get everything established/out of the way before the movie comes along. Zoom, Reverse Flash, Rogues, Kid Flash and now Flashpoint...

Man. Maaaan. Barry doesn't even know how badly he fucked up.

The worst thing about the post-Walking Dead/Game of Thrones era of TV is that it's convinced viewers that the only way to resolve a character's story is to brutally kill them.

Been saying this for a while now but it became super apparent when talking to people about Civil War and the lack of steak.

tkscz

Everything was perfect until that ending.
That pure 180 that Barry did was just stupid and made all of season 2 pointless
unless they surprise us next season or it takes 1 episode to fix (which it can but as we have seen, they can stretch shit).

Yeah this is getting really annoying. You can have steaks and suspense without killing everyone. I understand why they had to do it in Arrow (damn you DC Movieverse).

Freshmaker

I am Korean.

Why? Flashpoint sucks.

Huh, so we're getting Flashpoint next season or maybe something close to it? I can't imagine them doing it any justice whatsoever on a TV budget, but I'm interested to see what twist they'll put on it.

It's also got me curious if the Flash movie will be Flashpoint based too. Seems the show is trying to get everything established/out of the way before the movie comes along. Zoom, Reverse Flash, Rogues, Kid Flash and now Flashpoint...

Well, we know what that four episode crossover event's gonna be now.

If they just had reversed the end of season 2 with season 1 (so Barry saving his mum last season) and so season 2 / Flashpoint w/e ends with Barry inevitably undoing it, at which point season 3 has Zoom learning about the breach, I'd be much happier.

morningbus

Yeah, without the scene of Barry running over to Earth-2 and grabbing the man in the mask I had no idea what was going on.

I'm still adrift actually, lost in the void. Shapes no longer have meaning.

Mariolee

Yeah this is getting really annoying. You can have steaks and suspense without killing everyone. I understand why they had to do it in Arrow (damn you DC Movieverse).

Good example: Better Call Saul. One of the most intense shows where nearly no one ever dies.

However, this has been happening in comics for a long time. It's just not just a post-Walking Dead/Game of Thrones thing. Also in those shows it isn't nearly as telegraphed as it is in this show.

Well, we know what that four episode crossover event's gonna be now.

Flashpoint across four episodes with Kara subbing for imprisoned Superman, Oliver's old man subbing for Oliver, Moira subbing for Joker, Vibe subbing for Cyborg and, um, Ra's and Deathstroke subbing for WW and Aquaman.

morningbus

Good example: Better Call Saul. One of the most intense shows where nearly no one ever dies.

However, this has been happening in comics for a long time. It's just not just a post-Walking Dead/Game of Thrones thing. Also in those shows it isn't nearly as telegraphed as it is in this show.

We're not talking about the death of character during a story, that's been happening since the beginning of literature.

We're talking about the audience's expectations of people dying and the seemingly recent need for every character you don't like to die.

Coffee Dog said:
The flashpoint shit came out of left field after a whole season of Barry learning to mature and grow as the flash. Barry has come to terms with his reality and the death of his mother multiple times now, at the ending of the first season and during the speed force episode of this one. Barry throwing all of that responsibility and maturity out the window just so we can do flashpoint well after it would have made sense to feels like a massive regression.

Yup. Pretty much. How they went out of their way to explain how Barry created the time doppelganger was hilarious.

They are way too loose with time and it's getting kinda silver agey for me.

Joni

Yeah, without the scene of Barry running over to Earth-2 and grabbing the man in the mask I had no idea what was going on.

I'm still adrift actually, lost in the void. Shapes no longer have meaning.
It wasn't really necessary but for this to be such a big reveal it shouldnt feel like they wasted it as an afterthought. It goes straight from the end of the fight to this supposed big moment.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I liked everything in the finale except him traveling back in time and rescuing his freaking mother. WTF. He is an idiot. I want to punch him. God I hope the speedforce kicks his ass.

So how far in time did Barry went to sacrifice himself to stop the pulsar device?

we will never know.

8bit

Knows the Score
The end was stupid, but I liked the man in the mask resolution as I kind of wanted that actor to be Zoom as a flashback to the 90s series and that works for me.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldn't killing yourself in the past kill you in the future?

not if you're the flash. honestly they keep it vague because the whole thing does not work. but I'm actually alright with it..now the mother thing..THAT ANNOYS THE SHIT out of me.
sry for screaming

I like how the solution to EVERY PROBLEM is to run around very fast.

u never do that? I run around the sofa. changes everything.

Dominican Power said:
So how far in time did Barry went to sacrifice himself to stop the pulsar device?

That's just it. I assume he went forward in time as he can't possibly grab his past self. Also if I follow their logic, this would explain why Barry "disappears" in the future, making Gideon's news report in season 1 be true. However, since this show plays it very loose with time, Barry doing the whole flashpoint bit could change things drastically once he "repairs" what he broke.

Tabby

I don't get how people think he's stupid. This entire season Barry has felt like he should have saved his mother, after his dad dying I'm not surprised he want to try again. We're talking about a guy who's just lost his dad.

And it's not like he knows what's going to happen.

icespide

Banned
I don't get how people think he's stupid. This entire season Barry has felt like he should have saved his mother, after his dad dying I'm not surprised he want to try again. We're talking about a guy who's just lost his dad.

And it's not like he knows what's going to happen.

we had an entire episode dedicated to him accepting his mothers death and moving on

Seesaw15

Haha Barry with his Batman Begins killing loophole. Just kill Zoom it won't suddenly awaken some blood lust in you.
62d65427b67e0785a9dd3adbe3459998.gif

Otherwise I thought the season was pretty strong. Suffered from all the breaks but will probably be better in a binge format.

Maddocks

I think the problem is that Barry is telling everyone he is not going to rush in and do something dumb in the heat of the moment, but then he goes and does just that by traveling back in time. He is doing it at a very emotional moment and not thinking long term. He just wants his happy family back.

I'm sure next season we are getting him in prison from that little sneak peak at his timeline from season 1.

But back to his choice on why he went back to save his mother. He has been though so much since he accepted her death. His dad died, he had to face laurel again, Zoom was a constant menace, and on top of it all he made a time remnant to sacrifice, just like what Zoom said he would have to do proving him right. Then he sees another flash that looks just like his dad and his brain is just melting at this point. So I get why he would in his deep dark depression of all of that say,"fuck this, I need to do something and do it now." and race off to the point that was the start of all his problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom