• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The hype around Shadow of the Erdtree is massive and growing (The Journey So Far video released)

GrayChild

The last game I can remember that had this type of hype leading up to its release was Red Dead Redemption 2.
It's trending on twitter every day. Forums and social media are all about Elden Ring again, and Namco hasn't advertised jack shit for it.

I haven't really been a FROMSoftware guy, but I am a tarnished guy, so this game is for me, but was the hype like this when the last Dark Souls came out?

Last edited:

Arachnid

Can't believe it's been more than 2 years. This is going to be glorious.

I'm glad they didn't add achievements/trophies. It'll be good to just play a game for fun and explorations sake without being compelled to chase those. Nintendo has always had that right.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'll be busy with SMT V2 while I debate with myself if I should play this from the beggining or jump straight into the DLC with my existing character.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Namco hasn't advertised jack shit for it.
Not from what I've seen. I guess if you want to avoid it, you can depending on what you read and see on the daily. But I'm seeing things about it pretty frequently. From the preview event a little while ago, to the continuous flow of media on their social accounts, there's plenty there. I believe the day before release they're also doing a special stream.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Are we gonna have this thread with the exact same text at every release? We get it haha, it was funny the first two time but now...

Bartski

Gold Member
Animated GIF

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Anyone else a little nervous about jumping straight back in?

Simply don't have the time/energy right now to replay it all and you need to beat certain bosses to access the DLC, so I'm gonna reload a save, but I feel so rusty.

Elden Ring has been a top seller (at full price) and top played game on Steam for weeks now just with people getting ready for the DLC.

I can't wait, it is probably the best game ever made for me.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Anyone else a little nervous about jumping straight back in?

Simply don't have the time/energy right now to replay it all and you need to beat certain bosses to access the DLC, so I'm gonna reload a save, but I feel so rusty.
I'm in the same boat. Knowing that playing with a new character would mean at least another +100 hours of playtime... man, I don't know.

Gideon

Will someone be making a concurrent peak player prediction thread? Really interested to see what everyone thinks of how many players will return for the expansion. :)

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat. Knowing that playing with a new character would mean at least another +100 hours of playtime... man, I don't know.
My best friend who only played on PS5 was in a similar situation when he decided to buy the expansion on PC. He built a beautiful rig with a 4090 during the holidays and wanted to experience Elden Ring in its full glory.

I backup my saves religiously so I hooked him up with one of my old builds that was already near the endgame (level 138, dex + int, just after Leyndell). Saved him a bunch of time and now we're both ready to jump into co-op when the expansion drops.

Top Bottom