• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters XIV |OT| ¡VIVA REY DE DINOSAURIOS!

What is the ideal NAT for this game and how do i check what NAT i currently got for KOF14.

Overall, online has been horrible. Always some form of slight delay or just unplayable.

Even Party mode hasn't been super smooth like others have claimed.

No issues for any other online fighting game.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
PSN - Matchmaking - Add this Info to OP when you can, Tizoc!

GAF Name ----- PSN NAME ----- Country/Region

SAB CA ---- SAB-CA ---- USA/East Coast
sir_bumble_bee ---- sir_bumble_bee ---- USA/Maryland
Marvel ---- Assassio ---- UK
Hyun Sai ---- Hyunsai ---- East Coast
Trinidad_Jason ----- J-Killer15 (replace "i" with lowercase "L". Look my 15 year old self was too hype) ----- USA/NYC
El Sabroso ----- Team_Sabroso ----- (Mexico)
kunonabi ----- genoun ----- US/Texas
Deps ----- YoungDeps ----- US/Ohio
Neoxon ----- NM248 ----- USA/Texas
Endless-Bravado ---- Endless-Bravado ---- US/Arkansas
Pookmunki - Pookmunki - UK
bob_la_blaw ---- Kleppinger ---- USA / NYC

qcf x2

Japanese commentator going in.

"Love Heart is my new SNK waifu"

"Love Heart is like 3rd Strike Chun li"

See now I'm gonna start feeling bad for having her on my team from day 1 :(

Nah, she's too much fun. I actually think Angel is dirtier right now but I'm no pro!

Speaking of fun, party play is where it's at. I'm almost glad the other modes have issues as it's encouraging people to use this. I thought it was fun when SF4 did it but this obviously has quicker transition time and sadly people dropped the SF4 team battle as soon as bragging about e-rankings became a standard thing.

kunonabi

well, I think I'm going to go with Andy first, Goro second, and Leona third. I usually go with Andy as an anchor but he just seems so solid when both players are low on meter. Now to see how much Leona benefits from oodles of meter.

kunonabi ----- PSN: genoun ----- US/Texas

lupinko

I seriously can't get over how beautiful the Kyo Classic costume looks. Just emphasizes how stupid is his new costume is, lol.

I really hope they release more costumes. I'd love to see Garou Terry and maybe some variations of Athena's old designs, or her goddess look.

That goddess Athena is a different Athena.

Just had 4 sets of online with an indcredible smooth connection. This guy can only be my neighbor. It runned flawlessly. Everything else has been a bit laggy

BadWolf

Had a ton more matches in JP and US party battle rooms, so freaking good.

Winning quite a bit with Zarina now, though I'm pretty sure I'm playing dirty -_-

See now I'm gonna start feeling bad for having her on my team from day 1 :(

Nah, she's too much fun. I actually think Angel is dirtier right now but I'm no pro!

Speaking of fun, party play is where it's at. I'm almost glad the other modes have issues as it's encouraging people to use this. I thought it was fun when SF4 did it but this obviously has quicker transition time and sadly people dropped the SF4 team battle as soon as bragging about e-rankings became a standard thing.

Oh Love Heart is cheap alright, Angel is at least tough to learn, Love Heart is the total opposite.

And yeah, it actually sorta worked out well that everything but party battle is broken lol. I wouldn't have bothered with it otherwise but it has been a complete blast. Really makes the 50 character roster shine, so much character variety going on.

Tripon

Thinking going to do Yuri, Love Heart, and Nakoruru.

I want to try to make Yuri work(even though i think she's the weakest out of the AOF team), Love Heart is just ridiculous, and I want to make people mad with Nakoruru keep away gimmicks.

kunonabi

So aside from this thread where is the big kof discussion going on?. Orochinagi, Shoryuken, and Eventhubs all seem to be graveyards

Edzi

So when do you guys think is a realistic time to expect the patch to hit? I'm itching to play the game, but probably won't touch it again until I can practice online with my buddy.

Deps

Deps----- PSN: YoungDeps----- US/Ohio

I generally get really good connections with EC.

So aside from this thread where is the big kof discussion going on?. Orochinagi, Shoryuken, and Eventhubs all seem to be graveyards

The most active place I've seen is the dream cancel discord. Most of the tech/combos are on twitter/youtube. If you search for a character on youtube can usually find a good video for combos.

Tripon

It's hilarious how the AI always go for the AAAAAA combo. Especially when they have meter so they can finish with a super.

Kuksune

Played a bit with a friend online today and boy oh boy did it lag.

We tried party mode too but there was noone who entered so we gave up on it.

Starting to regret my purchase ti be honest...

Neoxon

Trinidad_Jason ----- (??) ---- USA/NYC

Zombine

Banned
Are there any good videos that talk you through combos vs just showing you a video and making you spot out the moves on your own? I wish people gave better tutorials.

I would really like to find someone I have a good connection with so I can learn the game and improve at a better rate. There's gotta be at least one out there!

How would you guys suggest organizing Hein/Luong/Kukri into a team? Like who should be point and what not
That sounds like a very flexible team. Any order would work, but if it were me, I'd put Hein point, Luong middle, Kukri anchor. But, at the end of the day, do what's comfortable for you.

Trinidad_Jason ----- (??) ---- USA/NYC
Karsticles ----- Karsticles ----- US/CO
Just make a Google Doc.

Azuardo

i'm missing one team, the one that it is missing in the list. thanks

Final team for special ending:

The Mysterious Newcomers: Luong, Hein, Kukri

So full list is as follows:

Team Dragons: Ryo, Mui Mui, Kensou
Team Tigers: Ramon, Joe, Robert
Team Old Masters: Tung, Gang Il, Chin
Team Beautiful Hair: Nakoruru, Athena, Kula
Team Tung's Disciples: Terry, Geese, Shun'ei
Team Lucky 7's: Mui Mui, Love Heart, Alice
Team Birds: Zarina, Nakoruru, King of Dinosaurs
Team NESTs Girls: Sylvie, Kula, Angel
Team Ninjas: Andy, Mai, Bandeiras
Team Mysterious Newcomers: Luong, Hein, Kukri

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
How would you guys suggest organizing Hein/Luong/Kukri into a team? Like who should be point and what not

My Suggestions would be Luong First (since she does her job rather well without needing meter), and the other 2 interchangeably for the last 2 spaces, due to who you're better with, and how you like to play them.

Hein's red bubble DM is the kinda thing I'd love to have 2 meters for, just to smash people with silly reversal damage. So I MIGHT run him last if I liked that threat more than anything. However, Kukri seems to have a LOT of fun with his EX teleport, and you could tap into that easily in 2nd or 3rd places. I don't think his DMs offer as much utility as Heiny, which means I'd probably run him second. I like having strong, derpy tools in my anchor slots. That'd be the method to my madness.

Are there any good videos that talk you through combos vs just showing you a video and making you spot out the moves on your own? I wish people gave better tutorials.

This is a great one that explains the fact that Mature's combos differ depending on a character crouching or standing, and how to use your buttons to give you enough time to visually confirm what you need to do next:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YqAi8wXj1M

I'd think the rest of the vids they put out would be equally in depth. Also, a lot of people put explanations in their youtube text of their vids, so be sure to check that out too! Not everyone has vid-editing software of skills to add such things directly to the vids.

Just make a Google Doc.

It's a good idea. (Here's the Link for the Doc) (Not much of a Google Doc user generally), but I've always been more apt to get use out of things if they're part of the site I'm on, rather than just sending me off to another place. I wonder if this is somehow bred from my liking of using frames in old webpage creation...

I like using Luong second. She has really good juggles once she's in MAX mode so I feel like she benefits from the meter.

No experience with the other two though.

Kireek

Keep hearing that Love Heart is broke, what are people using with her? Haven't had much success outside of fishing with her c.HP into big damage

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Keep hearing that Love Heart is broke, what are people using with her? Haven't had much success outside of fishing with her c.HP into big damage

Lookit This "combo" video.

I find her B a great poke, her CDs are oddly fast and highish priority, the A version of her Peace Slash is a great "GET OFF ME" to keep distance, and Sky Anchor Is a great way to get a Love Heel stomp into more damage. The fact the Heel is an actual low-hitting move that can be combo'd out of is a great little trick.

BossRush

I find her B a great poke, her CDs are oddly fast and highish priority, the A version of her Peace Slash is a great "GET OFF ME" to keep distance, and Sky Anchor Is a great way to get a Love Heel stomp into more damage. The fact the Heel is an actual low-hitting move that can be combo'd out of is a great little trick.

Wow what, I should be playing Love Heart instead lol

kunonabi

After spending all this time with Andy and going over my notes, Goro seems to do somewhat pitiful damage. Hopefully his pokes have gotten a buff this time around.

qcf x2

Oh Love Heart is cheap alright, Angel is at least tough to learn, Love Heart is the total opposite.

And yeah, it actually sorta worked out well that everything but party battle is broken lol. I wouldn't have bothered with it otherwise but it has been a complete blast. Really makes the 50 character roster shine, so much character variety going on.

Ha, I messed up in that post, I meant to cite Kula as easy and stupidly strong, not Angel. Kula is fast, does good damage, gains meter easily, has a solid anti air game, fires and reflects projectiles, has very easy / high priority supers and her climax has great range and solid damage. And she has good/great normals including in the air.

Xevren

thanks for the tip, now to find a way to beat story mode level 5 with no continues
also if you wanna play, my psn is Kleppinger(new york city)

I got it using Love, Mature and K'. Love is great vs cpu but has gaps in her stuff you need to know. Versus characters with dp's dont cancel into qcb+hp, just use qcf+lk because they'll interrupt you. Pray art of fighting team and team japan isn't too deep in the list because they're the worst.

Hi I've been out of the loop for a while, could someone point me to a recent tournament, I prefer if the comentators are not so annoying.

BadWolf

Terry might be a little more similar to his Garou version than expected, people were... afraid, lol.

Once they caught on to what was happening they were GC'ing away from him all over the place. Can't say for sure yet though since it just might be early days effectiveness.

Wonder how much of her strats will stick and how much are just day 1 unfamiliarity and will be figured out.

She's definitely easy to be effective with on a basic level.

Ha, I messed up in that post, I meant to cite Kula as easy and stupidly strong, not Angel. Kula is fast, does good damage, gains meter easily, has a solid anti air game, fires and reflects projectiles, has very easy / high priority supers and her climax has great range and solid damage. And she has good/great normals including in the air.

Yeah Kula is very solid so far but I don't think most would consider her cheap or over the top yet.

Just picked this up today. I like it a lot, but I'm a bit overwhelmed. Never really played KOF much so I'm trying to learn everything, lol.

That goddess Athena is a different Athena.

Z7HeRxU.png

It's a DLC costume request for girl with purple hair and pink sparkly powers. It's not that serious.

Having a lot of fun, but still cannot decide on a main team. So many characters that I like.

No clue:

Mai
Joe
Iori
Mature
Andy
Terry
Alice
Love Heart
Kim
Leona
Robert

to name a few..........

Rhapsody

Banned
Yeah Kula is very solid so far but I don't think most would consider her cheap or over the top yet.
While I love DP leading to consistent BnBs and now free super cancels, I'm very sad at all the old tools that are now gone. She would've been pretty amazing if her moves acted like they usually did and if she kept Freeze Extinction.

Just because of those buffs, I can see why they wanted to remove a good amount just in case too for balancing reasons.

While I love DP leading to consistent BnBs and now free super cancels, I'm very sad at all the old tools that are now gone. She would've been pretty amazing if her moves acted like they usually did and if she kept Freeze Extinction.

Just because of those buffs, I can see why they wanted to remove a good amount just in case too for balancing reasons.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new supers they gave her. She may be just as good as she was in XIII but not as fun imo

BadWolf

Been testing some anti Love Heart tech and she is not as safe as she looks at first glance.

There are definte flaws to what people are spamming, especially that double slash.

Moving forward I think LH players will be forced to confirm off of the single slash and light Sky Anchor, and even they aren't safe if the opponent has even one power bar.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the new supers they gave her. She may be just as good as she was in XIII but not as fun imo

Yeah I've heard of Kula regulars not being too impressed with her XIV version.

Tizoc

Trinidad_Jason ----- J-Killer15 (replace "i" with lowercase "L". Look my 15 year old self was too hype) ----- USA/NYC
Deps ----- YoungDeps ----- US/Ohio
Pookmunki - Pookmunki - UK
bob_la_blaw ---- Kleppinger ---- USA / NYC

Done

qcf x2

I made another Xanadu thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzbV0l2rYUA

This time, it's about a meaty crossup/safejump* he gets after hitting with his QCB+A/C.

*The setup isn't entirely safe. Some things beat it, which the video shows. However, I think this setup seems to be risk/reward based.

I really think Xanadu is gonna be one of those characters that just creeps up the tier list as time goes by (no pun intended).

I made 2 quick vids showing some big damage stuff, this is MuiMui going DBZ twice.

And this Athena being Athena with full meter and a cornered opponent.

You guys are right about Kula so far, she doesn't have the same bag of max mode tricks as a lot of the characters do, but she gets good meterless damage. And there's probably stuff we aren't thinking of yet.

smik

Wow what a blast this weekend!

Purchased digitally to fully support SNK, it was $93 aus but well worth it. i want more output from snk

My first time properly diving into the mechanics of kof and giving it a real go, i am huge fan of fatal fury and kof growing up as a kid , kof 14 has already surpased my pretty low expectations i have been lucky with the online matches in 20 or so only 1 game was lag ridden

I love the max mode and simple to understand mechanics like push back cancels and chainable ex moves, still a beginer but really having fun with it

50 characters is such a achecivemnet and i have already fell in love with three characters, where in sfv i honestly dont even have 1, character investment is a big deal for me and leona , andy and yuri fulfill all what i missed in usf4

Also the free play lobby system is a step
above anything i have played in any fighting game

Neoxon

Right now I'm feeling like Athena/Terry/Geese will be my main team. I may try to learn Antonov & have him switch with either of the three depending on the match-up if I have the time.

Is the main team in a good order, or should I change the characters' positions a bit?

Right now I'm feeling like Athena/Terry/Geese will be my main team. I may try to learn Antonov & have him switch with either of the three depending on the match-up if I have the time.

Is the main team in a good order, or should I change the characters' positions a bit?

I guess the main thing to look for would be anyone who is either really good at building meter going up in front and anyone relying heavily on meter being in the back, but I think each member of your team fits pretty well in any role. Your anchor slot should just go to either the character you're most comfortable with or the one who can make the most use of the extra meter.

Top Bottom