• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Demo (GoW:A Exclusive) Discussion Thread

B00TE

Got into the demo and my passthrough streaming thing just stopped transmitting to my TV. Of all the times to screw up. Bah.

Wouldn't you put on a spoiler tag in your own post, if asking the other person to spoiler the pic? Or not repost the same pic?

I think in a thread about the discussion of the demo, you'd assume their would be spoilers ;)

We can't download it yet. Most of us

But I DID IT, almost 50% 4 minutes left

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Wouldn't you put on a spoiler tag in your own post, if asking the other person to spoiler the pic? Or not repost the same pic?

I think in a thread about the discussion of the demo, you'd assume their would be spoilers ;)

And if you actually read the OP you'd see the request for certain spoilers to be properly tagged.

The_Monk

If other fellow GAFfers prefer for me to use spoilers for a Picture in the demo or something similar I'm cool with it. I'm not going to post or talk nothing outside of this demo in here since the demo is all the gameplay I've seen to be honest.

I've been on a media blackout but I had to try the demo. After this, I'm just going to stay away from Spoilers until the games releases. But... I really had to try this demo!

monkey666

Banned
We can't download it yet. Most of us

But I DID IT, almost 50% 4 minutes left

That isn't the point. A thread title "The Last of Us Demo (GoW:A Exclusive) Discussion Thread Reply to Thread ", do you really think every part of the discussion should be spoiled? A simple solution if you don't want to be spoiled on the demo, is don't play the demo. Or play the demo first and then discuss it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Thank you store people for getting it working... took 68 mins which was pretty annoying, but I'm sure you worked some magic even for that to happen.

dab0ne

Ok, so what is the best way to do this? PSN store or the GOW disc? Trying from my GOW disc but I have a red bag by my download so I can go into the store and try it too now. Are they both shit or is one way better than the other

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Wheres my download button?
BLnOifVCMAAFhcp.jpg

Dave_6

Ugh, went home at lunch to get the download started and guess what? Error! Three more attempts and the same thing. Tried it once more and finally got in the store but if froze up once I clicked download. Went back into GoW and now the fucking icon for the demo is gone. WTF. Guess I'm screwed now huh?

Just tried again from GoW:A, and it went straight through without any waiting to see if it will or won't.

Downloading the 132mb part now :)

george_us

Ha I was about to write a post thanking Naughty Dog for having me download a gig...only to start up the demo and find out I have to download a gig.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Once I've downloaded the demo, will it need the GoW disc in the drive to run?

(Oh.. It launches from within the GoW game?)

Dr Dogg

What with neolithic download speeds and gawping at the slowly moving progress bar I'm starting to get Cartman waiting for the Wii syndrome.

Don't be so quick to assume it's due to popularity and not ineptness.
Ineptness? I'm just curious, when people say this on forums do they assume they are of a higher intelligence to the engineers at Sony and ND? Or are they speaking in relative terms based on other similar scenarios that went better?

DC1

PS Plus downloaded the patch for me but I've never installed (600Mb give or take). Managed to get to the Store and even started the download but then got an error.

Edit: ... you're playing it!!!!
I had a similar problem the other day. You need to delete the 'uninstalled' update patch in your game section.

Top Bottom