• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Demo (GoW:A Exclusive) Discussion Thread

Just_Tank

There was definitely a surge in users world-wide for this demo that has caused the unfortunate PSN issues.

You should be able to download, but may have to retry a few times while the network bandwidth is resolved.

-Tank

There was definitely a surge in users world-wide for this demo that has caused the unfortunate PSN issues.

You should be able to download, but may have to retry a few times while the network bandwidth is resolved.

-Tank

Sorry, but this is unacceptable. Going forward with the PS4, Sony better have better servers.

hal9001

Banned
Most people are recommending that you avoid the demo unless you really want to play it badly. It's kind of out of context and spoils the full experience you will have when you play the game for the first time. Just hold out for a couple of weeks when the game is released.

Phatmac

How long did it take you to beat the demo? Does it have any replayability?

Didn't keep a timer but it's fairly short. Too short actually. You don't get much combat out of it which is a shame. I'd say about 30 minutes depending on your time spent scavenging. I don't think it has much replayability since it's a fairly linear game play demo.

goonergaz

Wheres my download button?
BLnOifVCMAAFhcp.jpg

Need to update GoW main game to get the button.

Dunno what Sony did but it's like shit off a shovel now on the download lol

Alienous

Most people are recommending that you avoid the demo unless you really want to play it badly. It's kind of out of context and spoils the full experience you will have when you play the game for the first time. Just hold out for a couple of weeks when the game is released.

Yeah, it seems like more of an interactive trailer than a demonstration of game aspects. This close to release it seems that Naughty Dog just felt obliged to release it. I'd just wait the two weeks.

DukeBobby

Didn't keep a timer but it's fairly short. Too short actually. You don't get much combat out of it which is a shame. I'd say about 30 minutes depending on your time spent scavenging. I don't think it has much replayability since it's a fairly linear game play demo.

Well, that's 29 minutes longer than the Resident Evil: Revelations demo.

Yes I'm expecting this to scary me fellow GAFfer and the Sound design seems amazing so I'll play this with my Headset. I'll make an exception and let myself freak out a bit for this game.

From the very little I've seen (or heard) the sound of those
"Clickers"
are what freak me out the most.

Thanks Monk. I'm considering to allow myself to do the same thing :)

Phatmac

Is that a good thing?

Depends on if your a fan of difficult games that require you to scavenge and try to act smartly. This isn't another third person shooter that you can just shoot enemies at and expect to survive for long. That said it's presented with Naughty Dog's impeccable presentation so it's easier for casual players to deal with some of it's more hardcore systems. It's a thinking man's shooter for sure. I liked it but am hoping to play more of it to give my final thoughts.

Nags

Banned
Does this work pretty great with the Pulse headset?

Also, loving how the characters react to light in real-time.

Game doesn't look too pretty on that stream.

It is definitely pretty, but not anything mindblowing. There was probably not much more left that Naughty Dog could squeeze out of the PS3 after Uncharted 3. So it's quite an achievement that it looks better than U3.

But the best thing is that even with these very pretty visuals, I didn't notice any ditch in framerate or any tearing, so the game seems well optimized..

Is this spoilerish? I want to play it so bad!!

The demo itself is not very spoilerish, but there's a trailer in the end that is a little spoilerish.

moho-foe

Neo Member
Depends on if your a fan of difficult games that require you to scavenge and try to act smartly. This isn't another third person shooter that you can just shoot enemies at and expect to survive for long. That said it's presented with Naughty Dog's impeccable presentation so it's easier for casual players to deal with some of it's more hardcore systems. It's a thinking man's shooter for sure. I liked it but am hoping to play more of it to give my final thoughts.

I played the demo on hard and died once. Just stealth kill as many enemies as possible and the game really isn't that difficult.

kasane

Just watched the stream, too short to warrant a redbox stop. I'll just DL it if they somehow make it available to Plus members. :(

Dang. I don't have any headphones for when this game comes out. I have speakers but I can only connect them to my PS3 through the RCA cables. Will it still sound good? The speakers are great.

Wow, that sounds pretty awesome. Thanks.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
It is definitely pretty, but not anything mindblowing. There was probably not much more left that Naughty Dog could squeeze out of the PS3 after Uncharted 3. So it's quite an achievement that it looks better than U3.

But the best thing is that even with these very pretty visuals, I didn't notice any ditch in framerate or any tearing, so the game seems well optimized..

The demo itself is not very spoilerish, but there's a trailer in the end that is a little spoilerish.

Thanks so much. I might as well set it downloading. Get the astro's on and play.

I just Realised Im not a junior anymore!!!!!

WOW!! Go me!

The_Monk

Thanks Monk. I'm considering to allow myself to do the same thing :)

I think you won't regret fellow GAFfer. It really seems they gave Sound a big role in this game (and it makes sense since it's an important feature to avoid being detected, etc).

On a side note, I just finished the demo! NOOOO!

NO NO, I wanted more... and they just send me to the Pre-order page with two options:

- The Last of Us + Pack Sights and Sounds (game OST, Avatars, Dynamic Theme).

or

- The Last of Us + Survival Pack (100 Provision Points for Multiplayer, skin for Joel + Ellie for Single Player, 1 survival technique move, a Hat/cap and a Mask for Multiplayer)

Why can't I have them both? Now I need to decide which Digital Pre-order to get based on the pre-orders? Hmmm, also I was expecting this to be a 69€ but it's 59€ so this is also good news.

Phatmac

I played the demo on hard and died once. Just stealth kill as many enemies as possible and the game really isn't that difficult.

Compared to Naughty Dog's games it's more challenging for sure. It's not difficult as in hard to beat but simply difficult as there are a lot more systems going on then Uncharted.

kasane

Looks like some people around your area thought a little faster :/

I mean you have to return it eventually or it will be 2 dollars a day forever lol. Or I think after 30 days it's just an automatic 60 bucks taken out on top of the 2 bucks a day.

No i mean like, after downloading it just return it. Or i have to have the disc in order to play it.

Top Bottom