• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Demo (GoW:A Exclusive) Discussion Thread

Loudninja

The combat is yet tens yet awesome, much better than UC combat to me.

The music is great and the atmosphere is fantastic.I didn't die nor did I use listen mode.

The_Monk

I had a similar problem the other day. You need to delete the 'uninstalled' update patch in your game section.

Or
Did you get prompted to download the update through GOWA and couldn't?

Well I never installed the Patch. I had it in my PS3 folders ready to be installed but I deleted it. Then, when I was going to DL this demo I never had to install that Patch. It's strange. It was also strange that my PS Plus did not install the Patch, since they do that for all my other games when there's a patch (maybe because this one was too big?). Either way, when putting the Gow disc I did not installed that patch. Strange, I know.

graywolf323

had to boot up God of War: Ascension again but finally got the demo :D

downloaded the 132 MB in just over a minute too

feel like I should play GoW:A some before having to return it to redbox by 9pm...

Perhaps he wanted to see the death animation? I let Isaac die horribly many a time.

feel like I should play GoW:A some before having to return it to redbox by 9pm...

Do it! Is a really enjoyable game for the most part, with some great puzzles and fun combat expanded past that of the previous games. Doesn't add much to the lore of the series but it's worth playing.

dab0ne

If you can get the "red bag" next to the icon indicating that you purchased it while trying with the GOWA disc and it's still not working then just download it from PSN. You can find it under your downloads list. Literally just took me 2 minutes to download.

Don't know if I should spoiler this or not, so did it to be safe.

Okay here goes my full impressions:

The graphics are great, especially inside the buildings. The first section outside is not the greatest looking. Maybe because it was raining and a little dull looking. But boy did it get tense when I got inside in the dark and I had to use the flashlight. The lighting inside looks spectacular and the rooms are Naughty Dog attention to detailed™ ;)

The scavenging and crafting seems to be interesting, but didn't really get to try the crafting system in this demo.

I died two times in the last section because I got swarmed even though there's only four infected here (after I strangled a lone wolf). One of them is a blind clicker and the last three are runners with their sight still intact. So I have no idea yet how to fully stealth this last section. But it's very, very fun when all hell breaks loose :D

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
do i need this GoW disc anymore, once the demo is on the HDD?

DC1

Well I never installed the Patch. I had it in my PS3 folders ready to be installed but I deleted it. Then, when I was going to DL this demo I never had to install that Patch. It's strange. It was also strange that my PS Plus did not install the Patch, since they do that for all my other games when there's a patch (maybe because this one was too big?). Either way, when putting the Gow disc I did not installed that patch. Strange, I know.

FYI: my plus didn't install the patch either.

Carl

Longest 3 hours of my life :(

BLnRYh2CYAMS199.jpg

sqwarlock

Wish the Eurogamer stream was higher quality. This game is going to terrify me. The sounds the clickers make is very unnerving.

B.O.O.M

GOW:A is great. Best combat and puzzles in the franchise. The MP is underrated too...intense, fast and a unique MP

Phatmac

Just beat the demo. Game seems a lot more stealthy and survivor horrorish then I would have expected. This is certainly not another Uncharted-like game.

I like how Joel reaches up to shield his face when you walk underneath falling streams of water

I like everything

This is fucking great

I forgot to mention in my impressions that I really like how Ellie and Tess comment on and interact with the scenery, just like Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite. Really helps with the immersion that your companions feel more life-like.

And yeah, as some of you mentions. The sound and the atmosphere... Wow.

Top Bottom