• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread - *NO. SPOILERS. PERIOD.*

What will TLOU 2 average score be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bryank75

Banned
"A pity revenge story"
"First one was better"
Less puzzles, less set pieces, more sneaking

He also explains that reviewers are not allowed to talk about most of the game and he cannot even explain why he don't like it

Doesn't matter, he's irrelevant.

95 meta might as well be 100 meta, cause we all know the reviewers only give those to Nintendo and R*.

GOTY

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions

Final Thoughts:

The Last of Us: Part 2 is an utterly breathtaking experience from start to finish that has you questioning everything about the concepts of justice, revenge and how far you’d go for them. But combined with brilliant gameplay, you get one of the most complete gaming packages at the end of this outgoing generation. An incredible bow from Naughty Dog to the PS4 cycle.

rofif

Banned
Who the fuck wanted this to be 25 hours long? It's slow sneaking game stretched for 25 hours..... The only single player games this long that I like and don't get bored are souls games and some rpg games. 25 hours is just too long for single player sneaking
edit: ohhh it's one of those threads right? no criticism for saint last of us? Oh cmon.... ehhhh. I loved the first game. Just think it's gameplay was not the highlight at all. And 2nd one being 25h simple revenge story sounds meh

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
19/20:

I'm going to predict 97.

Technically flawless, excellent gameplay, and appealing directly to the religion 90% of reviewers adhere to will getting them self flagelating with excitement.

rofif

Banned
Well think about this....I didn't like original Horizon Zero Dawn so there is pretty good chance I'm not gonna like the sequel but my opinion is irrelevant to people who did enjoyed the original game.
There are many games where I loved sequel but disliked first game. Like Evil Within 2 for example so Your argument is invalid.
Besides - he liked The last of us1 and he says he even enjoyed gameplay. He just thinks it's not very good gameplay.
Watch his reviews. I think he is a very good reviewer. Not everyone have to love the game because it's the great the Last of Us.
I know this forum has a boner for naughty dog but cmon. Show some respect - not everyone has to have the same opinion

Represent.

SHBRRqd.png

Seems the ones who didnt like it, thought it was too violent and dark. :messenger_neutral:

To me, this is a good thing.

Don't bite the bait people. Here is a mountain of W's. Why focus on a fart in the wind? It's statistically irrelevant, a futile exercise of no gain. Remember, engagement = you already lost.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
I've checked your post history and all of it pointing on playstation bashing behavior, get a life dude

btw maybe I will get ps5 for this game, or gravity rush
Playstation bashing? Are You fucking kidding me? If I am critical it is because I love gaming. I have ps4 and I love it. Great games on it. Even replayed uc4 recently and love it.
Fuck off.
It's always like this - if a person dislikes something or shows a sign of criticism, then some guys search his history, analyze his posts just to drag it out.
I don't give a shit if it's xbox or playstation. I had 360 last gen and ps4 this gen and I love both.

rofif

Banned
Ah, I see you've found that one negative review you can now parade around as being the only true review because it justifies your preconceived feelings about the game.
It is the first review that popped out on my yt feed for some reason. Then I came here and saw that the game is praised. How is any of that my fault? We all know the feeling about this game was very negative in the last month

rofif

Banned
We all know it was from you. Funny you'd latch on to the only negative review, eh?
from me? I love the first game. I am skeptical about most stuff but that has nothing to do with this.
The thread is sony fanboy hell. What is wrong with You. We all agreed yesterday but today little criticism is a hate crime?!!!
I will still probably buy tlou2 and enjoy it. It's just the first review I've seen

Last edited:
S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
The backlash to this one will be interesting a few months down the line.

Bryank75

Banned
It is the first review that popped out on my yt feed for some reason. Then I came here and saw that the game is praised. How is any of that my fault? We all know the feeling about this game was very negative in the last month
If you had any decent games on Xbox or PC, you wouldn't be here trying to pull down a masterpiece..... shows how bad things are when you're not on PlayStation. Go look at the spec sheet for Xbox Series X..... how many Tflops does it have again? I nearly forgot....

Handel

Well think about this....I didn't like original Horizon Zero Dawn so there is pretty good chance I'm not gonna like the sequel but my opinion is irrelevant to people who did enjoyed the original game.
That's a fair point, but reviews from people who didn't care as much about/disliked the first are valuable to people who share that viewpoint, to see if the sequel fixes the issues they had.

Umbral

They better substantiate a statement like that.

Update: Of course they didn’t explain themselves. A fluff statement that sounds profound without anything to back it up. Aiming for a box-quote.

From the review:

”The general consensus is that the narrative did the bulk of the heavy lifting in TLOU, with many finding the gameplay fairly stock-standard or underwhelming. While Naughty Dog certainly doesn’t reinvent the wheel when it comes to TLOU2’s gameplay, the mechanics feel a lot more refined this time around. Gunplay feels tighter and heftier, and melee combat is thing of violent beauty – hacking an enemy with an axe has never felt more brutally satisfying.”

This is why I don’t trust most reviewers/critics.

Last edited:

Eliciel

Final Thoughts:

The Last of Us: Part 2 is an utterly breathtaking experience from start to finish that has you questioning everything about the concepts of justice, revenge and how far you’d go for them. But combined with brilliant gameplay, you get one of the most complete gaming packages at the end of this outgoing generation. An incredible bow from Naughty Dog to the PS4 cycle.

This is exactly the one that had a wording on it that gave me goose bump. I love games that question the very nature of established and followed morales, rules and justice.
I know this game will be 10/10 for me as narrative is almost always leading the way for me in such games.

yeah literally every negative review i've read is negative due to the reviewer not being able to take violence

Kotaku
NTK0qje.png

fucking awesome. bring it

If people can't deal with the violence Kotaku should send another tester.
With this argument all Tarantino Movies would be 2/10 and the majority of Tarrantino movies is about revenge and blood being spilled to imaginatively SLAY the prejudice, hate, slavery etc...

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
If you had any decent games on Xbox or PC, you wouldn't be here trying to pull down a masterpiece..... shows how bad things are when you're not on PlayStation. Go look at the spec sheet for Xbox Series X..... how many Tflops does it have again? I nearly forgot....
You are fucking stupid. How am I a fanboy of any system. I have 360, ps4 and good gaming pc.
And how am I "Pulling down a masterpiece" are You nuts?! I just posted link to review that's not mine. It's good to be critical. For exmple, I loved original Gears of war trilogy but disliked 4 and 5 but I am a microsoft fanboy ?!
V9S7k7B.jpg

Last edited:

Represent.

Gaming Trend 100/100

"You have no idea what loss is" -- The Last of Us Part II review
The Last of Us II is a cinematic masterpiece, filled with some of the best writing of any medium, so I want to be as respectful as I can to anyone not wanting that spoiled for them. To that end, this review will be the lightest of touches on anything story related, aiming to preserve […]
gamingtrend.com
Telegraph 5/5

The Last of Us Part 2 review: video game study on the cycle of violence is a bloody masterpiece
Sony's big budget PS4 exclusive might actually surpass the achievements of its illustrious predecessor
www.telegraph.co.uk
Gamerant 5/5

The Last of Us Part 2 Review
Developer Naughty Dog builds on its post-apocalyptic opus with The Last of Us Part 2, delivering incredible visuals and an emotional story.
gamerant.com 5/5

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Looks absolutely fucking amazing. I've been radio silent on this ever since its announcement, and even more so after the leaks, so I can't wait to get my hands on this. Naughty Dog are just one of a kind developer. But the burning question is... do I get this on PS4 or PS5?

ZehDon

Skill Up didn't like it based on the thumbnail.

He also didn't like the first game either for the same reasons that I didn't get on with it.

Easy skip for me at the moment.

Oh no. Oh no. The reviewer drops a Game of Thrones season eight comparison. Horrible story, plot holes. Gonna have to read some other reviews for comparison here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom