• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread - *NO. SPOILERS. PERIOD.*

What will TLOU 2 average score be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rofif

Banned
It's your posts that make you a fanboy... and I have no problem with fanboys as long as they are measured enough but today has just been a load of Xbox boys going mental.... really jaded of the chip they have on their shoulder.
Stop ranting bullshit. My posts criticizing ps5 yesterday make me a fanboy? Or my posts criticizing xbox make me one? get a grip you asshole.
Am I forbidden to be passionate about video games? Again - I don't give a crap about systems and You are insulting me to the point of frustration

justAjohn

He is a paid shill, one week pushing Warface, the next Destiny..... He has no clue about gameplay.
ALL people given review copies are paid shills. They are paid by being given the review copy, and they shill because if they do not, then they will not be given review copy beforehand next time. No review copy - no early review - no views - no money.

On the game itself - I haven´t played the first game so are there meaningful choices for the player to make and infulence the story? Because if now, how can there be a talk about exploring themes if it is at the discretion of the developer only?

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
everyeye.it 10/10
The Last of Us 2 Recensione: uno dei più grandi giochi della generazione
Sony e Naughty Dog chiudono la generazione PlayStation 4 con un gioco destinato a restare nella storia dell'intrattenimento elettronico.
www.everyeye.it

areajugones 10/10
Análisis The Last of Us 2
Naughty Dog ha vuelto a dar con la tecla para crear una nueva obra de arte que marca el techo de PS4 en muchos aspectos
areajugones.sport.es

gamersky 5/5
《最后生还者:第二部》评测10分 顽皮狗的完美答卷 _ 游民星空 GamerSky.com
本作不仅是顽皮狗在PS4世代的完美答卷,更是迄今最好的叙事导向型游戏。
www.gamersky.com

playstationlifestyle 10/10
The Last of Us Part II Review - A Story Worth Telling (PS4)
The Last of Us Part II Review - The Last of Us Part II is an era-defining game, a perfect companion to the first that harmonizes with, rather than smothers, that original pivotal ending, crafting an unforgettable and emotionally challenging narrative with these beloved characters.
www.playstationlifestyle.net

Gameradar 5/5
The Last of Us Part 2 review: "An astonishing, absurdly ambitious epic"
Our spoiler-free verdict on The Last of Us Part 2
www.gamesradar.com

Handel

He is a paid shill, one week pushing Warface, the next Destiny..... He has no clue about gameplay.
Yeah you're a complete clown if you truly think this. If you actually followed his channels you'd know he is far from a shill and calls out companies/games constantly. You may not like the gameplay in those games, the genre might not be for you, that doesn't make people praising the gameplay in those games shills.

samporter

Banned
This game will follow the likes of GTA4, GTA5, RDR2, Uncharted 4 and even the first TLOU. Games that scored exceptionally high by critics on initial release but were later found to be good or even mediocre.

Like all hyped up games with a very vocal following of fans/supporters/cheerleaders, history will not be kind to this game. In due time, when sounder voices prevail and when everyone get to express their opinions, this game will be seen as overhyped, overrated, and overpraised. I commend Gamespot for having the foresight to provide a more grounded review score knowing full well the initial lovefest and eventual fallout it will receive.

GOTY.jpg

Bryank75

Banned
ALL people given review copies are paid shills. They are paid by being given the review copy, and they shill because if they do not, then they will not be given review copy beforehand next time. No review copy - no early review - no views - no money.

On the game itself - I haven´t played the first game so are there meaningful choices for the player to make and infulence the story? Because if now, how can there be a talk about exploring themes if it is at the discretion of the developer only?
I dunno, does To Kill a Mockingbird have choices? It must not be able to explore themes so..... oh no, your point is completely irrelevant as usual.

rofif

Banned
This game will follow the likes of GTA4, GTA5, RDR2, Uncharted 4 and even the first TLOU. Games that scored exceptionally high by critics on initial release but were later found to be good or even mediocre.

Like all hyped up games with a very vocal following of fans/supporters/cheerleaders, history will not be kind to this game. In due time, when sounder voices prevail and when everyone get to express their opinions, this game will be seen as overhyped, overrated, and overpraised. I commend Gamespot for having the foresight to provide a more grounded review score knowing full well the initial lovefest and eventual fallout it will receive.
I still think Gta4, UC4, Bioshock Infinite and TLOU are masterpieces. Gta5 and rdr2 did sunk on me later similar to public opinion. With this one, we will need to wait a month or two but it's hard to say

Represent.

VG247 5/5
The Last of Us Part 2 review - a generation-defining masterpiece - VG247
“An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.” This adage about revenge is even truer in a world ravaged by cordyceps: a parasitic fungus that takes over human physiology, mutating people until their heads pop like corn, folding eyes under flaps of skin and growth, leaving hosts gnashing and...
www.vg247.com

Trusted Reviews 5/5
The Last of Us Part 2 Review | Trusted Reviews
The Last of Us Part 2 is a masterful swansong for the PlayStation 4, and arguably the finest, most accomplished project Naughty Dog has ever embarked on.
www.trustedreviews.com

Shack news 9/10
The Last of Us Part 2 review: A haunting melody
The Last of Us Part 2 takes players back into the brutal, post-apocalyptic world that Naughty Dog first introduced in 2013. Is this sequel worth checking out, or do the notes fall flat? Our review.
www.shacknews.com

We Got This Covered 5/5
Review: The Last Of Us 2 Is The Best Game Of Its Generation
Technically and narratively, The Last of Us Part II is easily one of the best games available for the PlayStation 4 -- if not the entire generation.
wegotthiscovered.com

GooseMan69

Cope harder lol

Bryank75

Banned
Yeah you're a complete clown if you truly think this. If you actually followed his channels you'd know he is far from a shill and calls out companies/games constantly. You may not like the gameplay in those games, the genre might not be for you, that doesn't make people praising the gameplay in those games shills.
I watch his videos quite often and constantly disagree with his takes, he is just a grifter playing to opinion of the day.... nothing insightful to say.

He just says the usual 'this is good gameplay' and never goes any deeper, never has anything original or a different angle.
If you enjoy his content... fine but it's nothing special at all and no more trustworthy.

justAjohn

I dunno, does To Kill a Mockingbird have choices? It must not be able to explore themes so..... oh no, your point is completely irrelevant as usual.
Your percieved relevancy of an opinion is irrelevant. Game is an interactive medium. is that interactivity utilised to its potential? If not - how can it be perfect? If the selling point of the game is story, characters and themes and it is being presented only on the unchageable level, then how is it breaking anything, if it cannot break the single story barrier?

I hate contrarians like you.

Always trying to find the faults of masterpieces and saying "HEY LOOK! THEY'RE MEDIOCRE BECAUSE IT HAS A FEW FLAWS!".

Bryank75

Banned
Your percieved relevancy of an opinion is irrelevant. Game is an interactive medium. is that interactivity utilised to its potential? If not - how can it be perfect? If the selling point of the game is story, characters and themes and it is being presented only on the unchageable level, then how is it breaking anything, if it cannot break the single story barrier?
Most games do not have real choice only the perception of it. So, I don't find your point insightful. Games in my opinion are art and as long as this was the artists vision, that is what matters....

rofif

Banned
I hate contrarians like you.

Always trying to find the faults of masterpieces and saying "HEY LOOK! THEY'RE MEDIOCRE BECAUSE IT HAS A FEW FLAWS!".
Yeah I understand that too. Let's focus on here and now and the game is getting great reviews.
But try to understand some people negative opinions. Until now, the game was considered a woke shill so if it's really that good, it might be a surprise to most of us :D
I am waiting to get my hands on it. I just didn't get hyped on it too much and I am trying to look at it objectively. WIth all 10/10 reviews, it's a must play anyway imo.
I respect Your opinion since You love Death Stranding so I know we are both on the same side :p

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
You are fucking stupid. How am I a fanboy of any system. I have 360, ps4 and good gaming pc.
And how am I "Pulling down a masterpiece" are You nuts?! I just posted link to review that's not mine. It's good to be critical. For exmple, I loved original Gears of war trilogy but disliked 4 and 5 but I am a microsoft fanboy ?!
V9S7k7B.jpg
"I own console X & Y, therefore I can't be a fanboy" is the gaming equivalent of "I have black friends".

You know that we do have memories and can remember who said what about a game, right?
I certainly did not felt much hope and now it's 0. But this might be me only me
It s proven that games like this get fantastic critical scores since nobody is brave enough to score it low
Please stop pretending you haven't had anything but disdain for this game from the get-go.

rofif

Banned
"I own console X & Y, therefore I can't be a fanboy" is the gaming equivalent of "I have black friends".

You know that we do have memories and can remember who said what about a game, right?

Please stop pretending you haven't had anything but disdain for this game from the get-go.
Everyone did. Yesterday it was the most woke game of the generation and everyone was negative about it.
WIth all the leaks, everyone hated it. So did I. I like to be proven wrong since I loved the first game
Some criticism is not bad. I might be skeptical but that's because I play games since 1997. I care about games and I know them well.
Can't we be friends ? :p wtf

Last edited:

justAjohn

Most games do not have real choice only the perception of it. So, I don't find your point insightful. Games in my opinion are art and as long as this was the artists vision, that is what matters....
Yes, the choices are prepared by the developers and I agree.
I respect your opinion about art and I agree, but let me return to my original question and rephrase it better.

Are there meaningful choices for the player to make and change the outcome? Because if not, how can there be a talk about exploring themes and not just artistic depiction of it?

I think it is a simple yes/no question.

DeeDogg_

Banned
The Reeera thread is utterly embarrassing.
I bet they have ND branded Kneepads. Any dissenting review “I stopped watching him after he said blank game was bad”

Umbral

Hes a game journalist not a writer
Then where’s the ”game” part of his job title? Judging from that tweet it appears he’s more of a writer than a critic of games.

You don’t get to write like that then say you wrote a review. Statements like that require evidence or some sort of substantiation.

When someone writes that a game is “an extraordinary feat of game design” I look for them to tell me why. He didn’t, so his praise is meaningless.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

I don't pay much attention to review in general, but as many controversial/overexposed games, this is typically a game where reviews (critics or users) means nothing. You can only judge it by playing it (if it's your stuff of course)

Yeah I understand that too. Let's focus on here and now and the game is getting great reviews.
But try to understand some people negative opinions. Until now, the game was considered a woke shill so if it's really that good, it might be a surprise to most of us :D
I am waiting to get my hands on it. I just didn't get hyped on it too much and I am trying to look at it objectively. WIth all 10/10 reviews, it's a must play anyway imo.
I respect Your opinion since You love Death Stranding so I know we are both on the same side :p

54WhbNS.jpg

Represent.

"AN ASTONISHING, ABSURDLY AMBITIOUS EPIC"

The Last of Us Part 2 has consumed me. It's the last thing I've been thinking about as I've gone to bed, and the first thing that enters my head when I wake up. I've relieved entire sequences in my mind, marvelling at their exquisite design, and wondering what I could have done differently. Its many, many unforgettable cutscenes are burned into my brain as though they were real memories, so evocative in their fierce, emotional resonance that they now hold a regular presence in most of my dreams, not to mention my nightmares.

I've spent hours just trying to process everything I've played, coming to terms with its densely packed story, and discovering new avenues of appreciation for its craft. What I'm trying to say is that The Last of Us Part 2 is exceptional, and quite possibly the best game I've played this generation.

damn :messenger_smirking:

Yoboman

Gold Member
Then where’s the ”game” part of his job title? Judging from that tweet it appears he’s more of a writer than a critic of games.

You don’t get to write like that then say you wrote a review. Statements like that require evidence or some sort of substantiation.
Real journalists explain why they feel a particular way towards a game. Idiots will still eat up these buzzword ridden reviews and end up disappointed though. The cycle goes on

F3kCAh2.jpg

carlosrox

Banned
At the end of the day I don't give two shits what the MC score is or what anybody else says.

I'll be the judge.

I have high (non fanboy) hopes for this game, I believe it'll be something special and hopefully make up for what they did with UC4.

Top Bottom