• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Yep, played it once and I'm ready to play it again in all of its glory. The art direction of this game needs better treatment with PS4 hardware.

While I cann't see myself spending money on this, I would GLADLY buy a 'remastered' version of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune updated with Uncharted 3's melee system

UrbanRats

Just thinking about the possible improvements:

• Higher quality assets (I think the same ones from the cinematics)
  • improved lighting (again, cinematics quality)
  • SMAA 2TX (the sublime one used in infamous)
  • stable, locked framerate (I guess 30 fps)
  • improved AI (I liked its AI, but it can always be better)
  • Improved water and particle effects

Makes me drool just thinking about those points.
Hope we get details soon!

Those are some good improvements, but 60€ for a remaster is a steep asking price, for me.
Especially given the 30 fps.

On the other hand, the DLC i have to play alone is 20€ (though i was waiting for a sale on that).

I'm going to buy 2 copies for the hell of it just because of all the people whining about the $60 price.

Ok one of them is probably going to go to my daughter but still...IN YOUR FACE! ;)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Really surprised that they're handling it inhouse. Almost all remasters are outsourced. And that's especially the case with Sony's games. I think Hot Shots Golf and the GoW Portable collection were the only remasters handled by their original developers.

It's confirmed that they did it to work through moving their engine to PS4.

AAK

People, try to remember this is just a $400 console, not a $1000 gaming PC. It's unreasonable to expect 60fps considering the hardware.

Strider

Naughty Dog porting it themselves.... man.

I admit I feel pretty silly for paying $60, but yea I'm gonna double dip. Trading in the PS3 version asap.

I for one am shocked! Shocked I say at this piece of news

Next you'll tell me the GTAV is getting a next gen port. Shocking times, shocking

omonimo

Banned
I know. I was asking if just turning it off and on again worked as a recharge which I had heard in the DS4 on PS3 thread IIRC. I don't know as I've never tried it myself.
Nope. Unfortunately. I have tried, light continue to be 'buggy' without shake the control even turning it off..

$60? Yeah, no thanks. I got the PS3 version new for $30. I imagine if you wait a few months after it releases on the PS4 you can get it for the same.

KoopaTheCasual

People, try to remember this is just a $400 console, not a $1000 gaming PC. It's unreasonable to expect 60fps considering the hardware.
Well I guess the assumption is that Tomb Raider managed 1080p, upgraded textures models, etc. and managed to get 60fps. So I think that's where the expectations came from.

Top Bottom