• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

UrbanRats

How are people upset that it's $60? You realize it comes with $30 worth of DLC, right?

Two of which are for multiplayer, which i don't play, the other one i don't think is worth its full price (which is why i haven't bought it yet).
Plus 30€ for a game i've already played.

I'm not saying they're scamming us, but for MY level of interest, it's a steep price.
I'll buy the game D1 if you pay it for me, though!

Will double dip for sure if the additional work being done provides enough of a difference. $60 is a bit much for the same game, but I'll give it a wait-and-see before giving judgement.

What is with Sony's so called pre-orders? they are pre-purchases.

I believe Sucker Punch announced that in April you'll be able to pre-load downloaded retail games. That would be very helpful for someone who wants to play it at midnight as opposed to 12 pm (or in Grace Chen's case, 6 or 7 PM)

PS Blog Post said:
In addition to all the technical updates, we’re also including an exclusive director’s commentary for all in-game cinematics featuring Creative Director and Writer, Neil Druckmann; Voice Actor, Troy Baker, who plays Joel; and BAFTA Award winning Voice Actress, Ashley Johnson, who plays Ellie.

Holy shit, BOUGHT. I frickin' love cast and crew commentary.

August 8th.

And now I don't want it.

There's a line in a year between slow period and heavy release period, and releasing a game I already played in the heavy period is a sure way to make me skip it.

Release it in the next 3 months and it's a day 1 purchase, after that it's price drop bait.

f@luS

More than a member.
at 1080p with an infamous-like AA , improved lightning, textures, and stuff will make it one of the best looking game already...

for the price , 30$ was Impossible, its the price of the ps3 game. IT includes all the dlc + more and many improvement.

For the 30fps, i dont mind, for this game its really ok. I guess its just that their engine is bound to round at that framerate

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
And now I don't want it.

There's a line in a year between slow period and heavy release period, and releasing a game I already played in the heavy period is a sure way to make me skip it.

Release it in the next 3 months and it's a day 1 purchase, after that it's price drop bait.
What else is coming out in August?

ShinAmano

Just playing devils advocate here...but the people saying it comes with all the dlc...outside of the story dlc I dont care at all and I imagine most people only care about sp stuff.

labaronx

I know 5 Xbox 360 to ps4 owners super excited about this

I'll likely double dip as I never purchased any dlc and broke my copy of the game

Speaking seriously, Sony should do a PS4 bundle with this. That will supercharge PS4 sales in Summer going into Fall shopping season.

Fedele

I really don't care about the whole 30/60 fps discussion at this point. I trust Naughty Dog enough to know they would do it if it was feasible - there must be clear (technical) reasoning behind it.

Besides, if it would take a lot of time to redesign these assets in 60 fps, for example, I'd rather have them focusing on a true next-gen game instead.

As a former 360 owner, I can't wait to play this for the very first time. :)

KAL2006

Banned
People complaint about the price. The game is only ayear old. Aren't normal GotY versions of game full price with the DLC included. I am sure I remember Uncharted 3 GotY being full price.

LiK

But not while pushing Naughty Gods quality graphics.

I think something built from the ground up by ND will work. We'll see with their next game.

Infamous SS was 60fps, iirc. It just had some framerate issues when too many explosions happened.

S¡mon

Banned
Mods or OP edit this into the OP. Coming Summer 2014 confirmed.

Already edited the OP:

S¡mon;107564219 said:
NxhsrMk.png

The Last of Us Remastered cover

The Last of Us Remastered

• $59.99
  • Release: Summer 2014
  • Resolution: 1920 x 1080
  • Higher resolution character models
  • Improved shadows and lighting
  • Several other gameplay improvements
  • In-game cinematic commentary from the cast and creative director
  • Includes: Abandoned Territories Map Pack
  • Includes: Reclaimed Territories Map Pack
  • Includes: The Last of Us: Left Behind single-player campaign
Pre-order Bonuses
  • 100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
  • Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after you complete the single player campaign
  • Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • 9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
  • Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
Digital PlayStation Store pre-order bonuses
  • All of the previous pre-order bonuses mentioned
  • Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
  • Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions Mode
  • Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions Mode

Pre-order at Amazon
Pre-order at PlayStation Store (digital)

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/09/the-last-of-us-remastered-coming-to-ps4-summer-2014/

I think something built from the ground up by ND will work. We'll see with their next game.

Infamous SS was 60fps, iirc. It just had some framerate issues when too many explosions happened.

ISS touched 60fps but didn't hold it, it ran above 30fps nearly all the time.

Dunkers92

A bit later than I had hoped but I can wait

If it does release in August, I would be pretty certain there would be a gameplay video/trailer around or during E3.

shwimpy

So among AAA titles...

May: MLB The Show/Watch Dogs
June: Driveclub?
July: GTAV?
August: TLoU
September: Destiny
October: Arkham Knight/Ass Creed
November: The Order?

Not bad.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
In regards to framerate, they may be seeing what they can hit before committing to it. Probably aiming for at least a steady 30 but may hit 60 closer to release.

def sim

I think something built from the ground up will work. Infamous SS was 60fps, iirc. It just had some framerate issues when too many explosions happened.

Infamous certainly was not 60fps. You didn't post it, but neither was Tomb Raider.

Unlocked framerate isn't 60, you guys.

Top Bottom