• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

pixlexic

Banned
If they redo the textures this could be the best looking next gen game yet.

I didn't play when it came out originally so I am super excited about this !

I just hope it's not a holiday release.

So...Wipeout HD/Fury and Puppeteer are next right?

I REALLY hope so. Puppeteer bombed hard on the PS3 and Vita, and a cheap port to PS4 could help it out a little, especially in the summer months with little else coming out.

And WipEout HD/Fury on PS4 with updated graphics? Day one.

DieH@rd

Banned
Wouldn't they have to redo the animations if they wanted to bump it up to 60fps?

No, they showed in TLOU documentary that their profiling tools have support for 60fps. Engine supports it, they just never made assets that will support that kind of framerate.

Incorrect. It should be priced at a level at which the market will pay.

When creators make something great they deserve to be rewarded for it.

If you don't want to spend $60 on it, then wait.

I won't be buying it, I already bought it. I'm just saying, there was a very clear precedent set with all the HD ports released this gen, that that shit is $40. And most of those even came with multiple games as part of the package!

This is one game, less than a year after release, being repackaged and put out there for $60 again. Great on them for knowing their economics, but don't tell me that this couldn't be $40 and still makes tons of money while being more consumer-friendly.

3 DLC packs currently going for $30 are included.

Yeah, and most $40 HD ports this gen had 2-3 full games as a part of the package.
Even fucking Windwaker HD was $50

And so it begins...

• TLOU (never owned)
  • GTA V (never owned)
  • Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (double dipped main game, never owned expansion)

No drought here.

Good news for those who didn't get to play this when it originally released, but I kind of wish Sony was focusing more on new PS4 games instead :/
Oh well, I'll probably still get this when it drops in price.

KoopaTheCasual

August 8th is a very reasonable release date. Still in the thick of summer, and a nice warm up for The Order and Destiny.

With Watch Doges coming in end of may, we just need one/two more big summer game to plug up the June/July hole.

Really surprised that they're handling it inhouse. Almost all remasters are outsourced. And that's especially the case with Sony's games. I think Hot Shots Golf and the GoW Portable collection were the only remasters handled by their original developers.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I won't be buying it, I already bought it. I'm just saying, there was a very clear precedent set with all the HD ports released this gen, that that shit is $40. And most of those even came with multiple games as part of the package!

This is one game, less than a year after release, being repackaged and put out there for $60 again. Great on them for knowing their economics, but don't tell me that this couldn't be $40 and still makes tons of money while being more consumer-friendly.

Yeah, and most $40 HD ports this gen had 2-3 full games as a part of the package.
Even fucking Windwaker HD was $50
The reason they can get away with charging full price for this is because it's sp recent, not 5-10 years old.

I REALLY hope so. Puppeteer bombed hard on the PS3 and Vita, and a cheap port to PS4 could help it out a little, especially in the summer months with little else coming out.

And WipEout HD/Fury on PS4 with updated graphics? Day one.

Puppeteer on vita bombed so hard it's like it doesn't even exist

Vire

From PS Blog:

Moving our efforts to the PS4 has allowed us to remaster an already phenomenal looking The Last of Us in 1080p with a list of upgrades including higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, upgraded textures, along with even more improvements. We love setting challenging technical hurdles for us when working on each game – and this is no different. We’ve been working hard on The Last of Us Remastered to release a next-gen evolution worthy of the 200+ Game of the Year awards, not to mention the acclaim and expectations of our fans. We will be revealing more detailed information about the upgrades for the PS4 version in the coming months.
In addition to all the technical updates, we’re also including an exclusive director’s commentary for all in-game cinematics featuring Creative Director and Writer, Neil Druckmann; Voice Actor, Troy Baker, who plays Joel; and BAFTA Award winning Voice Actress, Ashley Johnson, who plays Ellie.

We’ve released a ton of additional content since The Last of Us launched in June 2013, including our first ever single player expansion, Left Behind. We’re happy to say that the major content releases will be included with The Last of Us Remastered:

Left Behind single player expansion
Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack
Reclaimed Territories pack – details will be coming soon on exactly what is included
Whether you are new to The Last of Us or have played it already on the PS3, we hope you are all looking forward to this release. We are!
You can preorder The Last of Us Remastered for PS4 right now from many of your favorite retailers and receive these preorder bonuses:
100 Supply Points (XP) for use in Factions mode
Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
Increased Crafting Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
Increased Healing Speed for use in the Single Player Campaign
9mm Reload Speed Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
Rifle Clip Capacity Increase Upgrade for use in the Single Player Campaign
If you preorder on the PlayStation Store, you will receive three extra preorder bonuses to unlocks in Factions multiplayer:
Early Access to the Brawler Survival Skill in Factions Mode
Early Access to additional Loadout Points for use in Factions mode
Early Access to the Jeep Cap and Surgical Mask for use in Factions mode

Now that we’ve finally gotten the official announcement out of the way, we’ll be keeping you updated regularly about The Last of Us Remastered until it releases Summer 2014.

Freeman

Banned
The PS3 game already cost $40 now, wtf do people want? This will also include the DLCs. Wait a couple of weeks and you'll be able to buy it for less.

Yeah but you have to refill the light a lot of times in the game. It's impossible with solely ds4 to play it.

I know. I was asking if just turning it off and on again worked as a recharge which I had heard in the DS4 on PS3 thread IIRC. I don't know as I've never tried it myself.

Top Bottom