• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Raptor

Are people aware that this game will run at really close all the time at 60fps with those kind of visuals right?

I might be insane but JESUS FUCKING CHRIST it looks incredible, I just can't.

I need it......

LegendX48

Are people aware that this game will run at really close all the time at 60fps with those kind of visuals right?

I might be insane but JESUS FUCKING CHRIST it looks incredible, I just can't.

I need it......

wait really close to but not at????? Pre-order cancelled!

jk :p

The new in-game Joel model/face looks great.

ibaIHJba29fGlQ.png

while I disagree with most of that Forbes article I do agree about the
killing the surgeon bit. It did feel completely forced and I think a lot of people felt the same. why couldn't I just push him out the way or why didn't Joel just tell him to fuck off with that puny scalpel.
if naughty dog could change one thing I would love it to be that.

By the time I got to that part before i even knew what happened or could think about it he was dead.

Can someone/a mod remove the spoiler gifs from the end of the last page? That's going to really suck if anyone who hasn't played the game yet sees those.

Hubb

One is super duper compressed.

Already went over this on the last page. Share is still compressed a bunch, but not as compressed as FB.

Excuse my ignorance, but will Photomode (or w/e TLoU will call it), be horribly compressed? Or will they give you other options to get them off of your PS4?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Excuse my ignorance, but will Photomode (or w/e TLoU will call it), be horribly compressed? Or will they give you other options to get them off of your PS4?
You'd need to use a capture card. Photo mode will just allow you to manipulatr the camera, color grading, etc for taking screens.

You will need a capture card to capture uncompressed (or nearly uncompressed) photos. In the screenshot thread I will allow shots that are grabbed off the PS4 via USB (worse than a CC, better than FB/Twitter). Either method will need to be hosted on a website like Flickr, Minus, or Abload. Imgur, FB, and Twitter are simply unacceptable for screenshots.

Sorry guys, i got it from gamersydes non-spoiler environment video page. I didn't know they had any spoilers to them. I didn't play the game yet and have no idea where it's from lol

Hubb

You will need a capture card to capture uncompressed (or nearly uncompressed) photos. In the screenshot thread I will allow shots that are grabbed off the PS4 via USB (worse than a CC, better than FB/Twitter). Either method will need to be hosted on a website like Flickr, Minus, or Abload. Imgur, FB, and Twitter are simply unacceptable for screenshots.

You'd need to use a capture card. Photo mode will just allow you to manipulatr the camera, color grading, etc for taking screens.

Alright, didn't think but hoped there was another way. Thank you for the answer(s).

Sorry guys, i got it from gamersydes non-spoiler environment video page. I didn't know they had any spoilers to them.

It's not explicitly a spoiler in terms of giving away plot events - but the scenario it depicts in itself is kind of spoilery.

It's something that people who haven't played the game won't understand or maybe comprehend, but anyone who has played it will tell you they'd have been pissed if they had seen that.

People make mistakes, thanks for removing it quickly.

It's not explicitly a spoiler in terms of giving away plot events - but the scenario it depicts in itself is kind of spoilery.

It's something that people who haven't played the game won't understand or maybe comprehend, but anyone who has played it will tell you they'd have been pissed if they had seen that.

People make mistakes, thanks for removing it quickly.
Yeas sorry about that.

Stream is looking ace so far. I'll stop watching before anything big happens.

Well those gifs are from the DLC. Most people already know that you
play as Ellie
in that DLC, no?

But yea, dick move for those that didn't know.

Reckon I'm getting the US edition, will I have any problems playing on my EU account? I have a US account on the same PS4
so that I can buy cheap games
if that helps.

AmyS

[NaK];122200030 said:
Here are some screenshots.
They are copied by USB and uploaded to minus.com, so they shouldn't be too compressed (besides the horrible quality of the share function).

ibh10CZVexBcJ6.jpg

iPJ4BcUHgOG5m.jpg

ibh2cKqJNlZMZY.jpg

i0mNk4S7Qo3hS.jpg

Looks very good to me.

We know Remastered is native 1080p

We believe Remastered is, for the most part, 60fps, with an option to LOCK the framerate at 30.

How consistent the framerate is at 60 is the great unknown.

I am merely taking a guess, but perhaps the day one patch will include the latest code optimizations for the framerate to improve the situation, at least a little bit, compared to where the game was at when it went Gold.

What do you guys think about that, as a possibility ?

Well those gifs are from the DLC. Most people already know that you
play as Ellie
in that DLC, no?

But yea, dick move for those that didn't know.

Yeah, I'm still not clear on how many people know what the DLC entails. Regardless - since the DLC
ties in with the main game, that's still a bit of a spoiler for both of them.

Probably best if we just drop the topic for fear of even further spoilerishness :)

Top Bottom