• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Not bad but lots of jaggies.
Lots? I don't think I've seen a game on PS4 that has less. In fact I can't see practically any on these screens except that one place on his shirt around his neck and some on the top of that one building. It's almost that every slanted edge seems perfectly antialiased.

Amir0x

Banned
God I want this game right now, I need to play the new difficulty mode with these graphics. And I never played Left Behind! hype starting to build++

Eggbok

This.

Share button
10005787_535713459879481_978599571_o.jpg

Capture card
recentral2014-03-2115cza2t.png

How and what do you use to get screenshots from a cc? no idea what program to use.

Lots? I don't think I've seen a game on PS4 that has less. In fact I can't see practically any on these screens except that one place on his shirt around his neck and some on the top of that one building. In fact, practically every slanted edge seems almost perfectly antialiased.

It's the internet, bro. Home of hyperbole.

Slight jaggies around Joel's collar = "ZOMFG, SO SERRATED! GET SUM AA, JEEZUZ!"

On a side note, I tweeted Neil and asked if the TLOU sound app for the Sony headsets will be available to dl on the 29th. Hopefully I'll get a response, but I doubt it.

Sorry to respond to a post from a billion pages ago, but I'm hoping they release this too. Robert Krekel said he wasn't sure about it though.

I wish someone would post a super close-up of Joe's face. I really wanna see the cut-scene quality character model in-game.

Might be a little tricky to do without the photo-mode, though.

I wish someone would post a super close-up of Joe's face. I really wanna see the cut-scene quality character model in-game.

Might be a little tricky to do without the photo-mode, though.
We know that:
1) The cutscene character models will be present in realtime
2) The game will have improved lighting which I'm guessing is the cutscene lighting.
3) Improved shadows which again i'm guessing is straight from the cutscene to realtime
4) Improved AA but also notice how the cutscenes still have aliasing to them.

Here is the same segment before the gameplay changes into the pre-rendered scene.

PS3 realtime vs Pre-Rendered
iblPeZiynXJ7cb.png

ibw0h5SP8TNVCc.png

Basically the same motto as Ryse "Play the cutscene."

Also the changes to the character models are subtle, but you can still see the difference.

jett

D-Member
We know that:
2) The game will have improved lighting which I'm guessing is the cutscene lighting.
3) Improved shadows which again i'm guessing is straight from the cutscene to realtime

Nah, from the comparison pics posted a few days ago that doesn't seem to be the case.

Hey, does anyone know how far in advance GameStop knows if their holding a midnight release? I pre-ordered it a few days ago, but would like to pick it up at 12 AM next Tuesday. Thanks!

Hubb

Hey, does anyone know how far in advance GameStop knows if their holding a midnight release? I pre-ordered it a few days ago, but would like to pick it up at 12 AM next Tuesday. Thanks!

From my limited knowledge of GameStop, they could know already or they could let you know over the weekend. It really depends how many preorders your store gets whether they'll do a Midnight release or not.

I'd give them a call and see if there is even a chance of one. They should be able to give you some kind of answer in that regard.

From my limited knowledge of GameStop, they could know already or they could let you know over the weekend. It really depends how many preorders your store gets whether they'll do a Midnight release or not.

I'd give them a call and see if there is even a chance of one. They should be able to give you some kind of answer in that regard.

Thanks! My friend who works there tells me that fifty pre-orders will almost guarantee a midnight opening. But you're right - I'll give them a call sometime this week and see if they can give me an update!

Hubb

still no gameplay ?

What are you talking about, this is a movie there is no gameplay.

Thanks! My friend who works there tells me that fifty pre-orders will almost guarantee a midnight opening. But you're right - I'll give them a call sometime this week and see if they can give me an update!

No problem. Little jealous if there is one, but I have work in the morning anyway. Half tempted to use PTO on Wednesday for some TLoU time.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Wow really glad I missed those spoilers just there, I haven't played left behind yet. One of the main reasons I am getting this.

Actually that's a lie, I'd have gotten it anyway, can't wait to play it again.

AmyS

We know that:

Here is the same segment before the gameplay changes into the pre-rendered scene.

PS3 realtime vs Pre-Rendered
iblPeZiynXJ7cb.png

ibw0h5SP8TNVCc.png

Basically the same motto as Ryse "Play the cutscene."

Also the changes to the character models are subtle, but you can still see the difference.

Outstanding post, thx.

I was about to start looking for PS3 real-time vs PS3 pre-rendered --This post saved me the time.

That's a lot of arrows.

God I can't wait for photo mode.

LOL, I didn't notice that. How the fuck did he get all of those....

One thing I did notice though is how bad the ground textures look on the PS3 version. Look at that grass compared to this:

And the texture filtering is much better also, notice how the ground textures start to blur just behind the bunch of grass closest to the camera in the PS3 shot...whereas the PS4 version has the same texture quality all the way up to the metal gate. Awesome.

Here's a direct-capture PNG of how Ellie looked in-game on PS3:

thelastofus_882qfp.png

Very good, if you ask me. It'll be cool to see how the PS4 version compares.

I was looking for a close up of Ellie. The character models from the previous screens i posted have a lower LOD because of the distance from the camera but this screen must be the highest LOD because of how close it is. I will definitely screencap this section to see how it compares.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That's a lot of arrows.

God I can't wait for photo mode.

Photo mode is pretty much what pushed me into buying the game again. Too good, Sony has to keep doing this for their games.

Imagine a Beyond remaster, The Order and Uncharted with this! God, my face is gonna melt.

StuBurns

Banned
Since you've all been so patient. Here is a tease of one of the OT banners I worked on for Canus.
JK8oiGU.png

To make your wait a little more difficult =)
For the people wondering, I've come to the conclusion those words that are cut off are 'of us', you want to know how I came to that result right? Of course you do, you're only human. So firstly the last thing really looks like the bottom half of an s, then I just used the name of the game to put the rest together.

So don't sweat it DetectiveGAF, I've sorted it.

Just to let you all know, I've been doing some concepts for a piece that I plan to submit to the Naughty Dog 30th anniversary fan art contest.

I'll more than likely make a wallpaper version too, and the art will be focused on The Last of Us, though may include Jak & Daxter along with Uncharted.

I plan to sneak some GAF related things into it as well...

Andrew.

Banned
LOL, I didn't notice that. How the fuck did he get all of those....

One thing I did notice though is how bad the ground textures look on the PS3 version. Look at that grass compared to this:

And the texture filtering is much better also, notice how the ground textures start to blur just behind the bunch of grass closest to the camera in the PS3 shot...whereas the PS4 version has the same texture quality all the way up to the metal gate. Awesome.

Dude, do you ever sleep?

Top Bottom