• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Gray Matter

Survivor and survivor+ are actually surprisingly easy (assuming you've played the game on a lower difficulty and know the level layouts.) Neither one gave me much trouble.

I started a survivor playthrough and I only got to the
the dam where you meet tommy

I could have kept going, but I get frustrated easily when I die a lot in games.

Strider

No matter how much I love a game or how brilliant it is, I cannot be arsed to get trophies/achievements. They're just something that really never took hold for me.

Trophies for me are just extra objectives to get after I've played a game but want to continue playing. I never actively go for them my first time through a game.

But The Last of Us trophies I didn't bother trying to go after even on my 2nd playthrough. They take forever and aren't fun IMO.

I started a survivor playthrough and I only got to the
the dam where you meet tommy

I could have kept going, but I get frustrated easily when I die a lot in games.

I really want to beat this on all the difficulties but I got frustrated in various areas on normal. Maybe knowing how the levels are setup will help though. Gonna give it a run on hard first and see how it goes.

No matter how much I love a game or how brilliant it is, I cannot be arsed to get trophies/achievements. They're just something that really never took hold for me.
Same here, trophies/achievements are meaningless for me. I pretty much ignore every one that pops up on screen.

antitrop

I'm a recovering achievement whore. Getting back into PC gaming after EAS'ing from the military had mostly to do with that.

My purchases of shame in the name of achievements last-gen:

X-Blades
Damnation
Onechanbara

All for $60.

I'm serious.

It was a dark time.

I also rented and 1000/1000'd Hannah Montana: The Movie and enjoyed it by drinking heavily and throwing on the Bombcast.

original

Who needs online? You have all the essentials right there! Lotion is a bad choice if you plan on really enjoying it though.

#SIMFA

I'm the opposite, I love trophy hunting.

If it bothers you so much, you can turn off the trophy notifications.
Nah it doesn't really bother me, I just don't pay much attention to them. I read them sometimes just out of curiosity but I never actively seek them out in games.

I'm the opposite, I love trophy hunting.

If it bothers you so much, you can turn off the trophy notifications.

I usually turn off trophy notifications during the first run through of every game. I don't know why but it takes away some immersion every time you complete a level and a notification pops up.

Gray Matter

I usually turn off trophy notifications during the first run through of every game. I don't know why but it takes away some immersion every time you complete a level and a notification pops up.

That doesn't bother me, it kinda helps me, let's me know when I've completed a chapter.

Metfanant

Just so I'm clear on the GameStop "trade up" offer...if I go in on Sunday with my PS3 copy...preorder the PS4 version and trade in the PS3 copy its only $25?

Don't order from Amazon too often, but all items are listed as delivered "by 8PM" right? Because that's usually when they stop delivering stuff? Sorta like a placeholder, right? Is there a good chance I'll get it earlier?

Don't order from Amazon too often, but all items are listed as delivered "by 8PM" right? Because that's usually when they stop delivering stuff? Sorta like a placeholder, right? Is there a good chance I'll get it earlier?
Depends on where you live but I generally always receive mine no earlier than around 11 AM and no later than about 3-4 PM. (living in Florida)

Depends on where you live but I generally always receive mine no earlier than around 11 AM and no later than about 3-4 PM. (living in Florida)

Yup. That's why I don't buy games from amazon. I could easily miss the delivery.

Alright cool I'll be home all day the 29th. Thanks.

Mine is totally dependent on UPS. Sometimes as late as 9:00PM.

Really hope not. Was it a bad idea ordering from Amazon?

Top Bottom