• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

DevilFox

Guys, want to see if I've experienced two conversation bugs (pressing triangle), they're both mid game:

when Joel and Ellie walk into a boys bedroom in a house during summer, Ellie asks to speak to Joel about something important. Joel pauses for a second then just says "not now Ellie". This is never explained.

Second one was when Tommy hands you the picture of your daughter at the power plant. The screen stays on the picture of his daughter for a good five seconds then the triangle button appears for a split second then he hands it back to Tommy saying " no thanks" or something. I even restarted that scene and can't get the triangle timing right at all.

They''re supposed to play like that. Why do you think they're bugs, lol?

daveo42

Banned
Shit, so I gotta play Survivor or Grounded twice then. Thanks guys!

Well...the NG+ glitch still works on the PS4 if you don't mind doing that. That's my plan anyway for my Grounded run. I am in no way masochistic enough to go into Grounded without at least a little help.

peull

dont forget, there is a tlou preset on the headset companion app for the pulse/gold/original wireless headset. sounds great!

Ted

Shit, so I gotta play Survivor or Grounded twice then. Thanks guys!

If you are going for the platinum, make sure you collect as many weapons parts as you can to ensure you can fully upgrade the weapons in two runs. It's plenty possible but if you miss too many you may have to do a third play through.

To minimise the effort needed on the third play through it is worth not bothering to upgrade the early weapons in your first or second play through and saving your parts solely for the later weapons you receive (e.g. the
flamethrower
). This way if you don't get enough parts on two runs you only have to play the first couple of chapters rather than the whole game to ensure you have unlocked the later weapons in order to upgrade them.

Neither of these are glitches.

I'm pretty sure that is how both of those encounters are supposed to play out.

They''re supposed to play like that. Why do you think they're bugs, lol?

Thanks guys. I thought the second one was a bug because triangle flashed very quickly and played itself without me pressing anything. Like I'd missed my timing.

First one a friend said he remembered it differently, so at least I know his memory is just fuzzy lol

Jim

Pretty loud here, too. Seems to calm down a little after I play for 10-15 minutes, but still noticeable.

Compared to Killzone, TLoU isn't bad at all on my PS4. The fan slowly revs up sometimes for a short time, but seems pretty constant otherwise. This is with the disk version.

Daffy Duck

Not sure if anyone will know, but I bought the US version of the game digitally for the uncensored MP that I'm playing on my UK/EU account. My UK/EU account has the PS3 season pass; will the DLC from the season pass work with the US version of the game? I'm guessing no, which would suck, but if anyone knows I'd appreciate it.

Nope you wont get the season pass content on PS4. It had to be the same PSN account, so you're US account would have needed the season pass.

daveo42

Banned
Cross post from the noise thread:
Photo Mode in TLoUR kicks up the fan a bit but outside of that it continues to remain really quiet and relatively cool. I think most of the noise I ever hear is when the system is loading or reading a disk and that is only momentary.

The PS4 is a really well built system all around outside of its stability issues (lol) and problems with some thumbsticks on the release controllers.

Returners

If you are going for the platinum, make sure you collect as many weapons parts as you can to ensure you can fully upgrade the weapons in two runs. It's plenty possible but if you miss too many you may have to do a third play through.

To minimise the effort needed on the third play through it is worth not bothering to upgrade the early weapons in your first or second play through and saving your parts solely for the later weapons you receive (e.g. the
flamethrower
). This way if you don't get enough parts on two runs you only have to play the first couple of chapters rather than the whole game to ensure you have unlocked the later weapons in order to upgrade them.

So to recap: the glitch is still possible meaning: I can beat the game on normal, select Grounded+ using the glitch and play it in reverse?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just finished left behind for the first time. Good stuff!

I'm excited to hear more about people's impressions from Left Behind. That DLC shows just how much attention to detail ND puts in their games. There's a room in it that I spent 30 minutes just walking around because I kept triggering unique dialogue and another part that's just so shockingly clever it makes me smile every time.

OK at the risk of embarrassing myself; I'm going to ask for some help with this. I currently have my PS4 hooked up to my TV via HDMI, and have opitcal out for audio from my PS4 to my receiver. If I hook my PS4 to my receiver via HDMI, how am I supposed to connect my PS4 to the TV?

Your receiver should have both HDMI in, and HDMI out.

PS4 HDMI to the receiver > receiver HDMI to the TV.

I had the same setup as you and hooked mine up as I just mentioned - 5.1 now works

Guys, want to see if I've experienced two conversation bugs (pressing triangle), they're both mid game:

when Joel and Ellie walk into a boys bedroom in a house during summer, Ellie asks to speak to Joel about something important. Joel pauses for a second then just says "not now Ellie". This is never explained.

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to stay in the room with Ellie until a triangle button prompt appears over her head. If you leave the area Joel will say "not now", and you'll miss the conversation.

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to stay in the room with Ellie until a triangle button prompt appears over her head. If you leave the area Joel will say "not now", and you'll miss the conversation.

I stayed in the room and the same thing happened to me. He just said not now

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Not sure if anyone will know, but I bought the US version of the game digitally for the uncensored MP that I'm playing on my UK/EU account. My UK/EU account has the PS3 season pass; will the DLC from the season pass work with the US version of the game? I'm guessing no, which would suck, but if anyone knows I'd appreciate it.

It should, because the game itself has the season pass content included - nothing to do with having the game on PS3. So Left Behind, the two map sets etc are all there.

BadHand

Well...the NG+ glitch still works on the PS4 if you don't mind doing that. That's my plan anyway for my Grounded run. I am in no way masochistic enough to go into Grounded without at least a little help.

How does this work exactly? I'm finishing up my Hard+No Listen Mode playthrough and I'm thinking about giving grounded a try.

murgo

flamethrower

Oh, so I play through my hard run now, collect everything I can and then start hard+. I play the first chapter, quit, and start with Survivor+ or Grounded+, right? All the stuff I've upgraded is gonna carry over then.

Vaguely spoilery question about weapon upgrading--If I upgrade the bow,
do the upgrades carry over when I'm in the winter chapter with Ellie?

Ferr986

Are you talking about the Amazon.de steelbook? So you got the normal game case as well?

Is this one
last_of_us_steelbook.jpg

I bought it from spanish Game. It came with both the regular case and the steelbook.

This game is sold out in my entire city (Edmonton).

All EB games, all Futureshop and Best Buy as well. My friend can't find a copy.

Hope the supply issues don't hurt sales too much - this seems to be doing really well for Sony/ND

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Hope the supply issues don't hurt sales too much - this seems to be doing really well for Sony/ND

As it should be, it's one of the best games ever made.
I hope it's a resounding success that leads to more games from last gen getting re-released.

And no, re-releasing old games from last gen will not get in the way of new games. In fact' I'd say re-releases are perfect for the dry summer months.

bombshell

Oh, so I play through my hard run now, collect everything I can and then start hard+. I play the first chapter, quit, and start with Survivor+ or Grounded+, right? All the stuff I've upgraded is gonna carry over then.

Yes.

Complete game.

Start New Game Plus on the completed difficulty. Complete first chapter.

As soon as chapter 2 starts
20 Years Later
, let the game autosave and quit to main menu.

Now use chapter select to select first chapter on grounded and it will act as a New Game Plus on grounded.

I hope it's a resounding success that leads to more games from last gen getting re-released.

And no, re-releasing old games from last gen will not get in the way of new games. In fact' I'd say re-releases are perfect for the dry summer months.

Yup, agreed. They're great for people who didn't get a chance to play them previously, and for people like myself who want the best possible version of a great game.

Can either get a 3rd party studio to do the port, or just take a small team of the main studio to look at it. Doesn't hurt resources too bad and great for filling in gaps between major releases.

Is there any reason why the game refuses to boot without an Internet connection? My home Internet is down and the game wouldn't launch until I tethered my PS4 to my phone. Error code CE-34878-0. Ps4 is fully up to date and so is TLOU, but I did have to rebuild database for my PS4 via safe mode (and, yes, I tried the obvious of uninstall/reinstall, and every other game I have works except TLOU, disc and digital.)

Cubed

I could not agree with this more.

Yes.

Complete game.

Start New Game Plus on the completed difficulty. Complete first chapter.

As soon as chapter 2 starts
20 Years Later
, let the game autosave and quit to main menu.

Now use chapter select to select first chapter on grounded and it will act as a New Game Plus on grounded.

Do you still get the Survivor and Grounded trophies as well as the NG+ ones? That worked on PS3.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Hi. I don't like the Last of Us.
I played through the PS3 version and hit 42% completion and it was a struggle. I didn't know if it was the game mechanics, the story, the characters, or other things going on in my life so I sold it and planned to get the remastered version.
I bought the remastered edition and I just got through the train station where you learn how To use molotovs. This game is still a chore to play. Like, it feels like a game of trial and error of choosing between melee and guns or whatever. I'm playing on normal and I have plenty of experience playing games (loved the uncharted series) but I think the shooting and melee system straight up suck. HELP ME ENJOY THIS GAME BECAUSE IT SEEMS PRETTY MONOTONOUS AND CLUNKY!
Also let me help out all the comedians out there:
c7BSV2h.jpg

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Thinking about grabbing the digital version tonight and was just wondering can you start playing this before it's fully downloaded?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
One of my favorite things about this Remaster is the ability to actually read the notes you pick up instead of having to bring up the separate text window. Adds so much more immersion.

Top Bottom