• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

TEH-CJ

Banned
Just wanted to give you guys some advice.

With the people experiencing black crash. Make sure your PS4 is set to Limited RGB not full. No TV unless its a computer monitor should have this enabled.

You will also need to adjust the ingame gamma/brightness setting in the Last of Us menu.

I have a calibrated panny GT30 and I had to turn the ingame brightness meter all the way down other wise certain scenes looked very bright and washed out. Its why many of you guys experienced that white crush look in many of the night time scenes.

Just a heads up.

With the people experiencing black crash. Make sure your PS4 is set to Limited RGB not full. No TV unless its a computer monitor should have this enabled.

You will also need to adjust the ingame gamma/brightness setting in the Last of Us menu.

I have a calibrated panny GT30 and I had to turn the ingame brightness meter all the way down other wise certain scenes looked very bright and washed out. Its why many of you guys experienced that white crush look in many of the night time scenes.

Just a heads up.

Thanks. My PS4 is likely at the default - is that Limited RGB or Full?

antitrop

What about the Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr Range?

Yeah man try it out. The gunshots are makin me jump =D

I'll be honest, I was very skeptical of the preset from the headset app. I had no idea it would sound as good as it does. For the price that I paid for the headset and the quality it produces, I am constantly amazed by it.

Codiox

They did the same to me last night once the app updated.

They updated the app for ps4 last of us?

Holy crap, I only tried the normal "game" mode with 7.1 support and was blown away with the sound in the game. Can't imagine what it will be with the special soundprofile.

I'm rocking with the pulse elite btw.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Switched to 7.1 on the options screen after I reinstalled the app.

Mother of christ...

Do you have the virtual sound enabled on the headset? I don't think I changed it to 7.1 in the menu, I may have been robbing myself this whole time with just virtual surround. Good thing I'm starting over. The virtual surround has been a huge help playing without listen mode.

Andrew.

Banned
Do you have the virtual sound enabled on the headset? I don't think I changed it to 7.1 in the menu, I may have been robbing myself this whole time with just virtual surround. Good thing I'm starting over. The virtual surround has been a huge help playing without listen mode.

Yep I always have the virtual surround on.

In my experience virtual surround completely ruins the sound quality, and it's not really any better for directionality than just plain stereo

fuck the basement. before I turned on the generator, I did a dry run of where to sprint off to just to make sure I know where to run like hell after I turn it on lol

Lmfao! I did the samething when I played it on the ps3,
turned a corner and ran straight into the bloater, scared the shit out of me!!

Lmfao! I did the samething when I played it on the ps3,
turned a corner and ran straight into the bloater, scared the shit out of me!!

Same exact thing happened to me the first time I ever did that. I almost shit myself. I looked at the screen for a minute after wondering what in the literal hell just happened.

Some of these book titles are pretty funny:

VgY.jpg

WgY.jpg

XgY.jpg

Anyone in the UK know what time the digital version unlocks. I checked the time on the pre order and it says 1am. I sincerely hope its midnight.

Nos_G

Playing for the very first time ever and on grounded difficulty. I do pretty well in the stealth sections, but the areas where infected automatically attack and breaks my perfect ninja kills are kind of frustrating.

The schoolyard
approach in particular. I clear out the area and suddenly more infected come out at a certain point

Are there any more areas like that?

Playing for the very first time ever and on grounded difficulty. I do pretty well in the stealth sections, but the areas where infected automatically attack and breaks my perfect ninja kills are kind of frustrating.

The schoolyard
approach in particular. I clear out the area and suddenly more infected come out at a certain point

Are there any more areas like that?

There's a few
forced action scenes - but I can't think of any others where you clear out an area and then "trigger" more automatically. So I think that one is pretty much by itself

d00d3n

There's a few
forced action scenes - but I can't think of any others where you clear out an area and then "trigger" more automatically. So I think that one is pretty much by itself

There is the one in
Pittsburgh when Ellie covers you with the hunting rifle. It is quite difficult to take out all enemies with stealth, and when you try to incapacitate the last enemy stealth is "magically" broken and a lot of dudes are teleported into the area. It is not really the same, because the area isn't technically cleared out, but the circumstances are quite similar to the school situation
(do not read if you want to avoid spoilers)

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Anyone in the UK know what time the digital version unlocks. I checked the time on the pre order and it says 1am. I sincerely hope its midnight.

Looks like it's 1am, 28 mins left on my counter!

Can't wait, all downloaded and ready to go, hope there are no mess ups tonight unlocking the game.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
My Pulse Elites are plagued with build quality issues. I'm going to miss the bass impact feature when I get the Golds for Diveclub.

todd360

Still working on grounded. I've been using a guide to get all the collectibles on this run. I'm kinda pissed off because resources are so low in grounded that I can't even make enough shivs to get through locked doors with collectibles. I already missed two collectibles locked behind doors. Note that I haven't used any shivs on enemy's. I have been saving them for locked doors.

I just
escaped the city. The fight where Ellie snipes was so hard. I died around 10-20 times.

What pill unlocks would you guys recommend for grounded? I have unlocked 1 health upgrade and 1 weapon sway so far. They seemed like the best choices to me for grounded.

Andrew.

Banned
The best parts about this game occur when shit hits the fan, your plan doesn't go accordingly and you've got to deal with the situation at hand and on the spot and then you wind up successful. Those are the best moments hands down.

On the spot critical thinking at its finest.

Just a heads up.

That's not right at all. Plenty of TVs support full range rgb, mine included.

Santiako

After seeing so many TLOU threads, I'm replaying the game on ps3 again. Still amazing, I will definitely double dip for the 60fps goodness when I get a ps4.

Definity

I usually don't play games again after I beat the main campaign. Not the case for this game. Playing through it again and having just as much fun.

Andrew.

Banned
I will do that glitch so I can play it on Grounded with max shit!!

Won't make that much of a difference. It's not like you'll ever get enough bullets to fill up that 20+ round clip for your 9mm. You'll be lucky if you find 12 bullets total for that gun. The ways I can see it helping mostly somewhat is with max health (so you can take one extra hit sometimes depending), sway and with the power and armor piercing maxed on the rifle.

Top Bottom