• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Vashetti

Banned
Anyone else finding this game to be glitchier than the PS3 version? Nothing big, just minor things like NPC's snapping into a standing stance from a sitting stance without any transition. (Like the guy early on in the game who tries to block you from walking thru the bus next to the 'fight club' going on outside. "Oh. Sorry Tess, didn't know you two were together.") Or the nighttime area in the rain when you first go into the leaning building. When you're heading in for the first time, Ellie just disappears. (I also happened to see this occur on a stream I was watching.) And if there's some procedural chatting between the characters, Ellie's voice cannot be heard, but the dialog goes on without her. I actually went back outside and backwards as far as I could go and I could not find her anywhere. She eventually popped back into existence.

Again, nothing major but it kind of detracts from the experience. And yes, I'm fully installed.

Haven't played yet, so can't say regarding my own experience, but I hope ND continue to patch the game and that 1.01 wasn't the last of it.

I feel like I have encountered a few more bugs then I did on PS3 but nothing terrible, they just shake the immersion a little.

They haven't had as long to QA this so I'm okay with it. I'm sure they'll be ironed out with patches within the month.

Moofers

If anyone else is looking for headset recommendations, the Turtle Beach Call of Duty Ghosts "SPECTRE" is marked down at Amazon to $85. I bought one and am enjoying it quite a bit, but found out I need some kind of PS4 adapter for that specific model. They make it, so its no big deal, but its something I didn't know going in.

Anyway, what's special about this model is that you can plug in another audio device that plays music and make your own custom soundtracks. Not really something I'd think you'd want for story mode in this game, but if you're the kind of person who plays multiplayer and likes their own music piped in, this is a great way to ensure you can make it work for any game you own.

You can also just plug the headset into the DS4 directly, no USB required, but then you're missing out on the chat mic as well as the ability to adjust specific things like bass. I've been doing a mix of both. Love them.

Andrew.

Banned
It's a stereo headset, the surround sound is just simulated by expanding the soundstage. Always use stereo headset settings in games for them and let the headset do the rest of the work.

So you're saying just let everything be and dont fuck around with the settings in the options menu?

JLeack

Banned
Anyone else finding this game to be glitchier than the PS3 version? Nothing big, just minor things like NPC's snapping into a standing stance from a sitting stance without any transition. (Like the guy early on in the game who tries to block you from walking thru the bus next to the 'fight club' going on outside. "Oh. Sorry Tess, didn't know you two were together.") Or the nighttime area in the rain when you first go into the leaning building. When you're heading in for the first time, Ellie just disappears. (I also happened to see this occur on a stream I was watching.) And if there's some procedural chatting between the characters, Ellie's voice cannot be heard, but the dialog goes on without her. I actually went back outside and backwards as far as I could go and I could not find her anywhere. She eventually popped back into existence.

Again, nothing major but it kind of detracts from the experience. And yes, I'm fully installed.

I've had quite a few issues with AI.

Ok, bought the Golds and some Five Guys Burgers and Fries.

Headed home!

I've been happy with my Turtle Beach PX5s for a long time. Loving them with this remaster, always good to see real audio options in the menus as well.

As for presets, you can make your own on your PC through their software, so I usually make one for a new game every time.

SRTtoZ

Like a noob I didn't know about the brick / bottle + melee attack for enemies so now I have made it to the
hotel basement
with next to NOTHING. So I'm starting over and playing it right, and moving up from Survivor to Grounded mode. Geez, I've wasted so much stuff.

Yea you gotta be careful. I'm playing on Surv right now and I have a ton of items just because guns/shivs are my LAST resort. A lot of trial and error but its pretty damn fun. Of course, there are sections where you need to use your guns because of clickers running straight at you.

Hubb

So you're saying just let everything be and dont fuck around with the settings in the options menu?

Honestly it is your personal preference. If you want to try it just switch the Gold's between 5.1 and stereo (2) and see what you like better.

I use the profile they just updated yesterday and have it set at 5.1 and I prefer that to the stereo option.

Marco1

My copy should arrive tomorrow but reading your posts and seeing the screenshot thread makes me hope that Sony won't stop with TLOU for any future remasters.

Honestly it is your personal preference. If you want to try it just switch the Gold's between 5.1 and stereo (2) and see what you like better.

I use the profile they just updated yesterday and have it set at 5.1 and I prefer that to the stereo option.

I am not sure about the golds but the pulse elite do virtual 7.1 and I get that option under the audio settings in game too. I believe it is intended to use the surround headset settings and not the stereo settings. The 7.1 on the elites is amazing!

Rixxan

I played through the game four times on the PS3.

I'm barely through
Pittsburgh
and have seen / experienced more bugs in this run than the 4 PS3 runs combined.

That's not really even a complaint, just an observation - this is more of a victory lap/encore kind of playthrough for me. I just hope those experiencing the title for the first time are having better luck and less glitches.

I played through the game four times on the PS3.

I'm barely through
Pittsburgh
and have seen / experienced more bugs in this run than the 4 PS3 runs combined.

That's not really even a complaint, just an observation - this is more of a victory lap/encore kind of playthrough for me. I just hope those experiencing the title for the first time are having better luck and less glitches.

Sounds like I'm one of the lucky ones, I just got to
Pittsburgh
and haven't seen a glitch yet. But seems a lot of people are, hopefully ND has some patches incoming.

impact

Banned
What is remarkably with the Gold Heaset is that last night I got shot and I turned to where that came from by instinct because of the sound, made me jump because of how fucking loud it is the gun shots, but the positioning of the 7.1 VSS is amazing.

I just got one last night, it is indeed amazing. Need to get the app thing on my PS4.

anthym

Neo Member
Just made it past the basement(turn on generator and swipe keycard.) I nearly pissed my pants. I was down to no ammo and 1 bar of health. I turned the generator on and ran as fast as I could back to the keycard door with all of them chasing me. Jesus Christ.

Just made it past the basement(turn on generator and swipe keycard.) I nearly pissed my pants. I was down to no ammo and 1 bar of health. I turned the generator on and ran as fast as I could back to the keycard door with all of them chasing me. Jesus Christ.

I hadn't found the key card yet and thought one of those fuckers dropped it after I killed them. Yeah, 10 restarts later.

Hubb

I am not sure about the golds but the pulse elite do virtual 7.1 and I get that option under the audio settings in game too. I believe it is intended to use the surround headset settings and not the stereo settings. The 7.1 on the elites is amazing!

Yeah really depends if you want the sound behind you or how "wide" you want your sound scape. I'll have to try out the 7.1 option. For some reason I thought Gold's only supported 5.1.

Yeah really depends if you want the sound behind you or how "wide" you want your sound scape. I'll have to try out the 7.1 option. For some reason I thought Gold's only supported 5.1.

Golds are 7.1 (virtual) and the new preset defaults to that if you have your audio option set to Auto. I've been going with that and it sounds incredible. Soooo much better than stereo.

Hotel basement....NOPE

Most terrifying section of the game imo.

lol

Pickman

Guys, my head is really big. I wear a 7 3/4 hat and my ears are pretty large. Do you think the Gold headset will fit my dome?

mstevens

This game can be unbelievably frustrating at times. Spent 20 minutes clearing out an area, one guy left and I sneak up and attack him.. some how the sneak attack doesn't go off, but that's okay I'll just melee him. Nope, the enemy freezes, glitches and none of my attacks land as he beats me to death. Gotta start all over and clear the area again.

anthym

Neo Member
fuck the basement. before I turned on the generator, I did a dry run of where to sprint off to just to make sure I know where to run like hell after I turn it on lol

Hahaha! That's exactly what I did too. Of course, I didn't do that the first time I tried to turn it on. I heard the screams and literally said "fuckkkk" out loud. Started running and couldn't remember where I just came from. Damn Stalker grabbed me as I came around the corner towards the keycard door and bit my neck off. After that I decided I needed a game plan hahaha.

ClearData

Hahaha! That's exactly what I did too. Of course, I didn't do that the first time I tried to turn it on. I heard the screams and literally said "fuckkkk" out loud. Started running and couldn't remember where I just came from. Damn Stalker grabbed me as I came around the corner towards the keycard door and bit my neck off. After that I decided I needed a game plan hahaha.

The bloated launched a spore at me that exploded just as I ran through the door. It was a massive rush as I got to safety.

Top Bottom