• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Raptor

I just finished my burger and I'm about to boot up the game with Gold for the first time...

Don't forget to download the companion app and put the TLOU Preset, turn them on and start the game and then chose Headphones 7.1 from the menu, Put to off the Sidetone if you want to noise cancel everything:

One short beep: Sidetone low
Two short beeps: Sidetone high
One long beep: Sidetone off

Here is the Info:

https://support.us.playstation.com/...5244/~/playstation-gold-wireless-headset-info

This game can be unbelievably frustrating at times. Spent 20 minutes clearing out an area, one guy left and I sneak up and attack him.. some how the sneak attack doesn't go off, but that's okay I'll just melee him. Nope, the enemy freezes, glitches and none of my attacks land as he beats me to death. Gotta start all over and clear the area again.

This has happened to me more times than I can count in grounded mode.

Hubb

Damn you guys, now I will have to buy that Gold Headset too...
But it's 100 everywhere here....

Not sure you like newegg but it is $75 here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826159544

Sometimes you can get coupons too that will take some money off.

Holy God, the cable that comes with the headset is so ridiculously short as to be completely worthless. Hope I have another one lying around the house.

Yeah pretty much just there for charging.

hbkdx12

Hotel basement....NOPE

Most terrifying section of the game imo.

I feel like it's the only terrifying section of the game.

Just the overall atmosphere and then the
stalkers fucking with you in the doorway
(were they ever in any other section aside from
the sewer part with sam
?) right after
you grab the keycard
is just nerve wracking and the first time i did i just tried to sprint through it after
turning on the generator
and i get to the corner right before the hallway leading up to the exit and i get handsomely greeted by a bloater. :(

OneUh8

Ok, bought the Golds and some Five Guys Burgers and Fries.

Headed home!

The Golds are so good. Can't beat it for the price. I use them all the time. I'd say I use them about 80% of the time now versus my surround setup. The sound profiles are fantastic and you can customize your own to your liking.

I have been reading up on the Gold headset and I am seeing that the bass is pretty bad. Anybody able to confirm? Still looking for an AIO headset for PS4/3/360. May just end up getting a splitter and using my PC cans with the default mic.

daveo42

Banned
I just finished my burger and I'm about to boot up the game with Gold for the first time...

Now I'm hungry and jealous. Hope you like the headset. The Elite are fantastic, so I'm sure those Gold ones will suit you just fine. Just take good care of them, as there are reports they (both elite and gold) are prone to cracking.

Holy God, the cable that comes with the headset is so ridiculously short as to be completely worthless. Hope I have another one lying around the house.

Not the USB, the audio one.

I've used it for handheld gaming and with the controller itself. It's insanely short but it does what it needs to.

Raptor

I have been reading up on the Gold headset and I am seeing that the bass is pretty bad. Anybody able to confirm? Still looking for an AIO headset for PS4/3/360. May just end up getting a splitter and using my PC cans with the default mic.

That Bass could be better yeah but it will bother you if you want or like too much bass.

I say they have the rigth amount of Bass to make things pack a punch.

daveo42

Banned

I keep the bass boost or w/e it is called down to a minimum because it can be a bit distracting at times. The sound quality is top notch though and is perfect for pretty much whatever you want to watch or play. And they are pretty damn comfortable to boot.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

It is not bad but it's not that great. I've read the Elites are better in that regard.

Hubb

Depends how much bass you like. It feels fine to me, but I haven't run it through some of my favorite songs to see if it matches my "music" headsets.

I'm also not someone that likes to drown the music/game/movie with bass either, so take that for what you will.

Where are the gold headsets available retail? I want one TONIGHT

Edit: never mind. They got 'em at the Best Buy across the street from me. I'll nab em tonigjt

It is not bad but it's not that great. I've read the Elites are better in that regard.
Is the cracking thing widespread or a care issue?
Depends how much bass you like. It feels fine to me, but I haven't run it through some of my favorite songs to see if it matches my "music" headsets.

I'm also not someone that likes to drown the music/game/movie with bass either, so take that for what you will.
I don't like too much bass, but the impressions I read made them sound like they had pretty much none.

Ferr986

Question with clickers
when they see you and go crazy at you, are they more resistant to damage? because I shoot them and they dont seem to give a fuck
-

Kinda funny how some zombie far in the other room notice me and that asshole that is supposed to be blind just pops exactly in front on me everytime. Also, instakill grabs ... welp.

I feel like it's the only terrifying section of the game.

Just the overall atmosphere and then the
stalkers fucking with you in the doorway
(were they ever in any other section aside from
the sewer part with sam
?) right after
you grab the keycard
is just nerve wracking and the first time i did i just tried to sprint through it after
turning on the generator
and i get to the corner right before the hallway leading up to the exit and i get handsomely greeted by a bloater. :(

Well, I didn't like the
sewers
:p

It's not Silent Hill, that's for sure but it has some intense and terrifying moments.

daveo42

Banned

I don't like too much bass, but the impressions I read made them sound like they had pretty much none.

It's how the speakers are attached to the rest of the headset and the type of plastic used. Over time it can cause a stress fracture where they connect and there isn't all that much you can do about it except by not pulling the speakers outward too far to put the headset on.

Only major flaw in the Elites, but it can be a big downer. I've had mine for over a year and mine are still in fantastic condition.

Viruz

fluffydelusions said:
It's on a desk in one of the rooms

No just the regular game, I swear I crawled and looked everywhere
I tought I have to find a way to kill the motherfucker
. Thanks for your help.

Again on the topic of the Gold headset...it'll work well for my PC as well? How about lying in bed and listening to music on my iPod?

And did I read correctly that there's a hidden mic?

Those impressions are wrong. How many more people in this thread praising the Golds do you need before you take our word for it?

EDIT - Whoompthereitis: yes, there's a hidden mic. A little hole in the left can.

I just finished it. The gameplay was great I honesty think, besides some minor issues with pathing, that the gameplay is the highlight for me. The blend of stealth and action was perfect and created some amazing situation experiences. Add to that the supply managing and it was really was golden. The characters were great. Like every story though it did have a few weak points, like the
double use of the 'get bit hide bite' cliche.
I'm still processing the ending, but I still don't get why people are against a sequel. It didn't leave off for one but I could easily see another story in the universe.
Those lies are eventually gonna bite him in the ass too. He didn't kill everyone at the hospital.
All in all it was really good. Instant classic that I suspect I will keep coming back to the entire generation.

antitrop

Again on the topic of the Gold headset...it'll work well for my PC as well? How about lying in bed and listening to music on my iPod?

And did I read correctly that there's a hidden mic?

Yes, it has a USB Wireless Adapter that will work on PC.

And yes, there is an internal microphone.

antitrop

Cool, I'm gonna buy em.

Might as well hit up Five Guys while I'm at it, just to COMPLETELY rip off Antitrop's good ideas for the day

4RuWPas.gif

Top Bottom