• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

DSN2K

I tried the 30fps mode, its vile. unless you started on 30 I just cant see anyone wanting to pick it over 60fps.

Nocturnx

I'm having a problem with the controls when remote playing to the Vita. In the button guide it says R2 and L2 are mapped to the back touchpad. But Iv'e found that L2/R2 along with L3/R3 are mapped to the 4 corners of the front touchpad. I've made sure the back touchpad is enabled in settings. How do I get the buttons to map to the back touchpad like they should?

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong here?

Carbonox

pahahah at the beginning (well in the 20 years later segment) when joel hands over his passport or whatever and it just floats in the air with the guard still in his prone position.

GAME WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Only glitches I've had are around that point. Been fine since and I've just got Ellie.

You haven't seen anything yet.

One thing to remember when playing the game is that you DON'T have to engage every enemy, especially the clickers. They are tough but cannot see so for the most part if you are low on supplies or just plain scared you can/should avoid them. I generally avoid them while taking out runners an stalkers and then move on. Every once in a while I shiv one. If you have a molotov you can throw a bottle to get them to congregate and then light them all on fire.

True, but it should also be said that sometimes the game forces you to kill every enemy in an area before you can move on

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
pahahah at the beginning (well in the 20 years later segment) when joel hands over his passport or whatever and it just floats in the air with the guard still in his prone position.

GAME WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Only glitches I've had are around that point. Been fine since and I've just got Ellie.

Didn't notice that however, I was having a real problem with
the hotel scene on the second floor, randomly everybody would see me no warning, no sounds everyone would just randomly sprint into the place I was in and kill me. On top of that sometimes after they noticed they saw me, they would just run in circles and not attack me at all, I could kill a few of them then eventually they'd catch on and kill me

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yeah, I thought it was super juttery and stuff, but I adjusted after like 10 minutes. Then I went back to 60 fps and the smoothness of it overloaded my brain I think. I was in awe for like 3 minutes. Brains are funny
That is exactly how it happens, both ways. This is also why I think people exaggerate when talking about framerate issues, notably in slower paced games. Our brains are very adaptable, if you let them do their job without constant conscious reminders that something is 'wrong'.

Corrinne Yu from Naughty dog just tweeted to me a comprehensive explanation on the "aggressive fade distances". A lot of technical stuff I don't fully understand, but it sounds like it was a learning process for them on coding for the PS4. I'm sorry, I don't know how to embed twitter images, so just check out her twitter feed for the latest tweets. If someone can post images of these tweets I'd really appreciate it. There are several to me about this issue:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Corrinne

Are the fade in worse than in the PS3 version? It feels to me at least this way. I can `t double check because i don`t have the PS3 version anymore. Did someone compare?

jett

D-Member
Game of the generation, huh? I think MGS 4 was better than this

iywlPACXUDXrH.gif

In all of the infinite universes inside this multiverse, there's not a single where this is even remotely true.

omonimo

Banned
Ok never mind. This part of the game it's more bright on ps3 XD Anyway call me crazy, but water shader seems better animated in some part. The poweer of the cell unleashed? Anyone noticed this? Especially under the rain.

I tried the 30fps mode, its vile. unless you started on 30 I just cant see anyone wanting to pick it over 60fps.

I started on 30 because I read the shadows were better. After reading this thread a bit, I switched it over to 60. The shadows don't look all that different, maybe a little fuzzier, but MAN does 60 fps feel like a way different game. It's night and day.

16BitNova

Anyone else having the game freeze during
when you are about to enter the school in Bill's Town.
I have had the game freeze on me 4 times already during different points and before this sections I have had no problems whatsoever.

I started on 30 because I read the shadows were better. After reading this thread a bit, I switched it over to 60. The shadows don't look all that different, maybe a little fuzzier, but MAN does 60 fps feel like a way different game. It's night and day.

I only really noticed the shadows was in that one room with the leaves that was used for the comparison pic. They're kinda shimmery but it's nowhere near bad enough that I'd half the framerate. They could have gone further with adding effects when you use 30 fps but as it is now you'd have to be bonkers or prone to smooth framerate illness to not use 60.

Ok there is definitely something wrong in the brightness. I have set to 0 the bar in the options & still I see too much bright. It was fine until the
the escape in the city
. Before, game was fine.
Yes I've noticed it too. Did you use photo mode? Because I remember using it then going back and noticing the difference.

Hubb

Anyone else having the game freeze during
when you are about to enter the school in Bill's Town.
I have had the game freeze on me 4 times already during different points and before this sections I have had no problems whatsoever.

I did that part last night and had no issue.

What sort of black magic is ND using to make my cheapy 5.1 system sound so good?
If the PS3 version sounded like this, I couldn't tell, cause I was mostly listening to the fan.

What sort of black magic is ND using to make my cheapy 5.1 system sound so good?
If the PS3 version sounded like this, I couldn't tell, cause I was mostly listening to the fan.

The audio has gotten a boost I think. I had the same 5.1 system for PS3 and now PS4 and it sounds a lot cripser or the localisation is better.

They clearly did more with it based on the audio menu alone anyway but it's one of THE best sounding games I've heard. Positional audio is outstanding especially listening to people in other rooms and hear them get muffled

IndustryX

It's kind of crazy how much I'm enjoying this game. Borrowed my buddy's PS3 copy and got bored after the Robert section at the beginning of the game, but last night I couldn't stop playing and finally unglued myself from the TV at 2:30 in the morning. Pretty much went from navigating
the collapsing skyscraper
to
Bill

Whoever was recommending Hard + Listen disabled for a first playthrough was dead on. The amount of tensioning when dealing with the infected is insane.

Edit: for clarification, borrowed my buddy's game about a year ago and am now playing with my own PS4 copy.

Just you wait my friend :) it only gets better.. way better :)

N30RYU

Gold Member
I'm in SPRING now... aside from 2 or 3 spots, the Grounded dificulty looks like the Hard one I played on PS3 the first time I played the game.... with less supplies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jumped over a little fence and the entire gameworld flashed white for a few seconds. I've run into some weird ass glitches.

Ferr986

lol I suck at stealth so much, I always get caught dunno why.

I just beat the area after meeting Ellie with
3 runners and 1 clicker just by running around like a headless chicken killing the runners while avoiding getting grabbed by the clicker.

MMaRsu

Banned
Goddamn I missed shorty because I restarted the encounter to make a photo and forgot to pick it up. Is all hope lost now or when can I get it? Can I just go on from chapter select?

Goddamn I missed shorty because I restarted the encounter to make a photo and forgot to pick it up. Is all hope lost now or when can I get it? Can I just go on from chapter select?
I'm pretty sure there are multiple chances to find weapons. Just not sure where though for the shorty.

That part is all fucked up. Worst looking area of the game. Going underwater looks great but when you go back on the surface its like someone pissed gasoline in your eyes.

Is there any screenshots of this section in the PS3 version for reference? Just curious. Might boot mine up tonight and take a look

I really am enjoying the photo mode. I ended up turning it off though because I was using it way too much and it was really destroying the "flow" of the game.

kaskade

I pretty much only play games in my room (live with my parents) but I think I'm taking my PS4 down to the basement to play this in surround a bit.

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone know if the trophies are still glitched in this version? They were super glitchy in the PS3 version, where you had to not install any of the updates to get the single player trophies.

Just traded my PS3 version for the PS4 one today, so I'm wondering if I need to not accept any updates this time around as well.

Hubb

Anyone know if the trophies are still glitched in this version? They were super glitchy in the PS3 version, where you had to not install any of the updates to get the single player trophies.

Just traded my PS3 version for the PS4 one today, so I'm wondering if I need to not accept any updates this time around as well.

Honestly the trophies seem to be too forgiving (or glitched). I got some MP trophies before even meeting the criteria, and I think someone else in here posted they got the trophy for upgrading Joel before they finished.

That being said, I just got a game over for being shot even though it showed 1/2 my life bar left (after being shot). No idea what happened there.

omonimo

Banned
Yes I've noticed it too. Did you use photo mode? Because I remember using it then going back and noticing the difference.
Well, I have the ps3 version too, I noticed in these area it's brighter than the normal in the same way. Bizarre at the time of the ps3 release, I haven't noticed those 'flaws' in the game.

Andrew.

Banned
Honestly the trophies seem to be too forgiving (or glitched). I got some MP trophies before even meeting the criteria, and I think someone else in here posted they got the trophy for upgrading Joel before they finished.

That being said, I just got a game over for being shot even though it showed 1/2 my life bar left (after being shot). No idea what happened there.

Yup that was me.

Someone earlier posted getting the gold troph for finding all collectibles even though they hadn't found all the artifacts yet.

The trophies are definitely borked so I hope they eventually get patched soon.

Top Bottom