• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Andrew.

Banned
This game is better than Mario Bros 3

vxcTwVG.gif

antitrop

Just had a pretty fuckin' weird glitch.

Enemy dropped some Revolver ammo, so I picked it up and it said "New Weapon Found: Revolver" and didn't give me any ammo...

There are definitely more bugs in this version than the ps3 version. I was in the part where
Ellie makes the comment on the 'Dawn of the Wolf' ad
and entire buildings in the background were disappearing right in front of me. Hope ND fixes these things.

Andrew.

Banned
Well, after I'm done, I'm going to start Left Behind for the first time and then dip into the multiplayer.

Do yourself a fave and play LB on Survivor. It's only a few hours and isn't that painful.

I havent even started LB yet and Im in the middle of playthrough #2.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I didn't compare, but DF article was saying that the draw distance is much larger in the remaster.

I swear it changes based on the scene. Some parts had awful pop in where it didn't seem right, while others look fantastic.

I just did the Fall part
where you're on horseback to get Ellie
and I was seeing so many trees just popping into existence, it looked bad. I don't remember how it was on PS3, but I don't recall it being like that.

SRTtoZ

Just completed the game on hard and Wow! What a fantastic game. ND please make TLOU 2.

Might play it on easy for the comics etc. Not sure if I am willing to play the game on higher difficulties.

Play it again on New Game+! It will be easier since you keep all your upgrades and you can earn a few trophies in the process.

Jerkson

Banned
Just had a pretty fuckin' weird glitch.

Enemy dropped some Revolver ammo, so I picked it up and it said "New Weapon Found: Revolver" and didn't give me any ammo...

It's possible for an enemy to knock a gun out of your hand, could it have been that?

This game has completed surpassed my expectations. I beat it at least three times on ps3. Yet I still can't put my controller down, great job Naughty Dog.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
You're familiar with the term 'first impression', right?
Wouldn't it be let's say less shitpostily if you framed your uniquely insightful impressions that way instead of saying OH LOL GAF YOU SO EASILY IMPRESSED.

Let me demonstrate: My first impression of you as a poster is that you're a terrible poster.

MrS

Banned
Wouldn't it be let's say less shitpostily if you framed your uniquely insightful impressions that way instead of saying OH LOL GAF YOU SO EASILY IMPRESSED.

Let me demonstrate: My first impression of you as a poster is that you're a terrible poster.
I'll get my coat

antitrop

I'll get my coat
Don't wave your arms and jump up and down if you can't handle the attention.

EDIT: As far as the game goes, I'm really enjoying piecing together
Ish the boat captain's notes in the sewers.
I have forgotten most of the meta-narratives that are interwoven throughout the game since I last played it.

FrsDvl

So with the game being out for a few days now, is it worth it if you played it on ps3? Really on the fence about getting it.

Wow, just wow! I heard a lot, as we all did, about this game, but honest to God! I did not expect it to be so compelling. And I am not talking about the dialogues and production values -which are among the best I have ever seen- no, i am referring to the controls. Joel reacts so well to your inputs, and the team found the right balance between responsiveness and complex animations. I really, really appreciate the well dosed inertia, and the heavy feeling to the protagonist. I also enjoy the melee attacks and the nicely crafted stealth mechanics.
I am only 3 hours in (Got the car and faced the gang of scavengers), but those 3 hours were worth every penny I spent. So good!

Voorhees

edit- the thing that's annoying to me is when you have to watch short cutscenes again because of the checkpoints, for instance the subway scene, everytime you restarted you had to pick up the molotov and watch him look at it and explain what it is, etc.

This. I must've watched Joel get snagged by that rope trap at Bill's ten times or so last night.

Naudi

Banned
Just got a txt from my wife that she picked this up just now :) almost feel bad only paying 20$ for it lol. Can't wait to replay it, the first time was some of the best mutual gaming(I play and she watches/cries and IG's #tlou all night) we have had together.

Just got this game; never played it before.

What should I expect?

A good game. If you're expecting the second coming of video games or for your perception of reality to be shattered you'll be disappointed. It's a solid game but it's visually dull (the entire game is brown sewers, grey streets, and dilapidated buildings, and there's many moments where it's kind of a slog.

But it's good.

Top Bottom