• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Hubb

A good game. If you're expecting the second coming of video games or for your perception of reality to be shattered you'll be disappointed. It's a solid game but it's visually dull (the entire game is brown sewers, grey streets, and dilapidated buildings, and there's many moments where it's kind of a slog.

But it's good.

I don't know, despite the brown colors there are plenty of places in the game where it is visually beautiful.

A good game. If you're expecting the second coming of video games or for your perception of reality to be shattered you'll be disappointed. It's a solid game but it's visually dull (the entire game is brown sewers, grey streets, and dilapidated buildings, and there's many moments where it's kind of a slog.

But it's good.

No one has ever been more wrong about anything.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
God damned. Grounded is so unforgiving.

Love it, but between it and photo mode.

I've been at the first combat sequence after you get your first long gun, for hours now.

Otnopolit

Hey guys, really enjoying it but kinda perturbed about the flashlight glitch to be honest. Has there been any word on it getting patched?

omonimo

Banned
photo.php

Ok I don't know what going on but I'm sure the ps3 version in the metro it's not that green.

culafia

Took a new photo I'm extremely proud of. Mid-game spoilers (it involves a certain character and probably my fave character relationship outside of Joel/Ellie):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt-o6YxIQAAYqHy.jpg

Also, playing through this game again, I think people who want a main character other than Joel in this game are crazy. His character development is slightly more subtle than Ellie's, but his character (and their relationship) grows in pretty substantial ways. I look at sequences and relationships like the one above in spoilers, and I can't help but think replacing Joel with someone like Tess (who has much less of a character than people give her credit for) would have resulted in a severely worse experience. I think Joel's conflicted personality helps make TLOU is good as it is, and if there's a sequel that features just Ellie and no Joel, I don't think I would play it.

kitch9

Banned
This game has gamma issues if RGB is set to full in PS4 settings (or defaults to full if set to automatic)

Set rgb to Limited and calibrate your TV brightness to the limited setting to get correct image brightness for this game throughout.

There's a few games now exhibit this issue which makes me think rgb limited should be the default setting for everything.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Second weird glitch in my game. After a short cutscene with Bob I got teleported from the entrance to somewhere further in. I never got any bugs or glitches on ps3, but it seems like this version is a bit shakier.

Set rgb to Limited and calibrate your TV brightness to the limited setting to get correct image brightness for this game throughout.

Hah, for real? Yesterday I was in a lot of dark sections and I spent like 15 minutes fiddling with the in game/tv brightness, it never looked right for me. I thought I was going crazy. Apparently not. Thanks for pointing this out man.

Jerkson

Banned
This game has gamma issues if RGB is set to full in PS4 settings (or defaults to full if set to automatic)

There's a few games now exhibit this issue which makes me think rgb limited should be the default setting for everything.

I'll give this a try, thanks. I definitely noticed it Downtown and in the metro.

Jomjom

Banned
Honestly the trophies seem to be too forgiving (or glitched). I got some MP trophies before even meeting the criteria, and I think someone else in here posted they got the trophy for upgrading Joel before they finished.

That being said, I just got a game over for being shot even though it showed 1/2 my life bar left (after being shot). No idea what happened there.

Hmm... well at least it's good they borked it in the other direction. There were so many angry trophy hunters who couldn't get the platinum in the PS3 version because there were so many issues with almost all the trophies.

Really glad to see so many people discovering this game for the first time and liking it.

Just wondering, do you tick Superwhite to on?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
photo.php

Ok I don't know what going on but I'm sure the ps3 version in the metro it's not that green.

Had the same thought. Not sure if my memory tricked me, but you could hardly see anything. Didn't seem right.

Gold Member
After listening to Gaffers go on about this for the past year it was nice to finally get my hands on it tonight. I've not played too much but I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far. It's very pretty too I think, although I really couldn't tell the difference between 30/60fps mode. The shadows looked the same to me lol, so I opted for 60.

All in all a good £38 spent if my first few hours are anything to go by :)

Gavin996

Unconfirmed Member
After listening to Gaffers go on about this for the past year it was nice to finally get my hands on it tonight. I've not played too much but I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far. It's very pretty too I think, although I really couldn't tell the difference between 30/60fps mode. The shadows looked the same to me lol, so I opted for 60.

All in all a good £38 spent if my first few hours are anything to go by :)

This is my first time playing through as well and having finished it, this definitely one of the best games I've ever played.
I almost played it non-stop too :)

antitrop

My second playthrough is easily confirming
Henry
as my favorite supporting character.

The whole thing, it's just too much. :( The part of the game from when you meet
Henry and Sam
to when you part ways is easily my favorite part of the entire game.

Gold Member
This is my first time playing through as well and having finished it, this definitely one of the best games I've ever played.
I almost played it non-stop too :)
Sweet, just what I wanted to hear (& glad you loved it) can't wait to get stuck in tomorrow!

antitrop

AARRGHHH.
What the fuck to I have to do to get Ellie to jump off the pallett when we are in the sewers?
Move the pallet to just slightly left of the generator that's up high, then grab Henry's hand after him and Sam get across on the mechanical contraption.

JustDrive

I'm running through this remastered on Hard, I only completed it normal on PS3 . When I start NG+ I'm thinking of using the workaround and doing it survivor + but if I find it too difficult and have to drop it to Hard will it still count as hard NG+ and still get the trophies for that or will I have to start over?

Hubb

The whole thing, it's just too much. :( The part of the game from when you meet
Henry and Sam
to when you part ways is easily my favorite part of the entire game.

More so than
Winter
? Antitrop you crazy, though as far as secondary characters go in the main game I'm not sure who I'd pick. If it is the main game + Left Behind, I'd pick (Left Behind spoilers)
Riley

antitrop

More so than
Winter
? Antitrop you crazy, though as far as secondary characters go in the main game I'm not sure who I'd pick. If it is the main game + Left Behind, I'd pick (Left Behind spoilers)
Riley

Winter
is SOOOO good, I know...
Nolan North's performance
alone almost makes the entire thing worth it, but there's just something about
Henry and Sam's
section that really connects with me.

DoomGyver

I made it to the
Henry and Sam
section and I've definitely noticed more graphical/animation glitches on ps4 than I did in the ps3 version. Games still great, though.

Andrew.

Banned
Winter
is SOOOO good, I know...
Nolan North's performance
alone almost makes the entire thing worth it, but there's just something about
Henry and Sam's
section that really connects with me.

Well I'm sure having a brother (younger or older) probably has something to do with it =D

delume

What is the best way, on a second play-through, to keep track of the collectibles I need to get every stage? Can't seem to find an in-game way of easily tracking this and I'm about halfway through my first play-through on hard (which I am loving, though my OCD twitches are starting to fire as I am sure I have missed something already.) I'm guessing new game plus on hard will be required to fully upgrade Joel and his gear? Will it remember what I collected in my first play-through as well as the shiv doors I opened? Thanks!

JLeack

Banned

My game has crushed blacks in many sections. I don't remember having this problem on the PS3 version.

Top Bottom