• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

antitrop

Same here. I had no clue until I read his name in the rolling credits at the end. Proves he's more than just Drake.

He didn't need The Last of Us for that.

M7kItmY.jpg

My second playthrough is easily confirming
Henry
as my favorite supporting character.

The whole thing, it's just too much. :( The part of the game from when you meet
Henry and Sam
to when you part ways is easily my favorite part of the entire game.

For me it's all of Fall+Winter. Considering that's about 40% of the game, you can tell why it's my GOAT.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Even after my fifth playthrough, the ending of the game still makes me sit and think it over for hours. I loved playing this game yet again.

So I just got to
Winter
. And I'm really not getting where the hell this army of dudes is coming from. Really kills the narrative in my point. Does it ever get fully addressed?
I liked David up until he locked Ellie up, but his explanation makes no sense. Sending some 70 odd men to die just to get two "tourists" has no ROI.

I know Naughty Dog loves mass murdering protagonists, but I don't know what's more depressing: an army of dudes actively trying to kill a 14yo girl or that they're failing at doing so.
Also Ellie's hearing ability sucks, right? Can't detect anyone. I stopped enjoying playing as her when stealth knifing enemies just took too long and made too much noise.

Otherwise I'm completely loving this game and the storytelling is superb.

Menaged

My second playthrough is easily confirming
Henry
as my favorite supporting character.

The whole thing, it's just too much. :( The part of the game from when you meet
Henry and Sam
to when you part ways is easily my favorite part of the entire game.

I think I'm with you.
For some reason I got really attached with the two, and the last scene with them was so well executed, especialy with the black screen and "Fall".
I was shocked at how the whole thing played out, that I didn't move Joel for at least a minute after the beginning of fall.

Andrew.

Banned
I never had any crashes. Just the black crush issue.

My biggest beef is with the messed up trophies. I know they're pointless, but this is the one game that I actually really like earning them in, mostly because they aren't throwaway bullshit distraction ones like 20 headshots.

I never had any crashes. Just the black crush issue.

It kind of funny one min you playing the next min you back to the XMB .
Happen 3 times during my hard run but i did not worry since check points makes it not that bad.
Now that i on grounded i kind of worried since check points further apart .

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My biggest beef is with the messed up trophies. I know they're pointless, but this is the one game that I actually really like earning them in, mostly because they aren't throwaway bullshit distraction ones like 20 headshots.
I haven't had any trophy issues in this version but three of them were glitched in my PS3 copy.

Frillen

Survival on Left Behind isn't all that hard except for the last major action sequence, where I died about ten times. But still worth it :p. Playing through Last of Us on Survival+ with the glitch now.

So I just got to
Winter
. And I'm really not getting where the hell this army of dudes is coming from. Really kills the narrative in my point. Does it ever get fully addressed?
I liked David up until he locked Ellie up, but his explanation makes no sense. Sending some 70 odd men to die just to get two "tourists" has no ROI.

I know Naughty Dog loves mass murdering protagonists, but I don't know what's more depressing: an army of dudes actively trying to kill a 14yo girl or that they're failing at doing so.
Also Ellie's hearing ability sucks, right? Can't detect anyone. I stopped enjoying playing as her when stealth knifing enemies just took too long and made too much noise.

Otherwise I'm completely loving this game and the storytelling is superb.
Of course your entitled to your opinion but this is the first time I've ever read someone complain about that during what most think, myself included, it's the best part of the whole game:
winter

I've never been a 60 fps snob, but damn... This game feels MUCH better at 60 fps. The locked 30 looks like ass. My opinion, take no offense if you like the locked 30.

Menaged

I remember having some trouble at Winter.
It was quite hard to go for stealth kills because using the knife alerts everyone. Even when using the bow it can be quite tricky.

Survival on Left Behind isn't all that hard except for the last major action sequence, where I died about ten times. But still worth it :p. Playing through Last of Us on Survival+ with the glitch now.
That glitch is the one where it lets you play through New Game+ in a higher difficulty and still get the trophies right? Does this glitch work exactly the same in TLoUR on PS4 as it worked on the PS3 original?

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
What's the deal with the locked 30 fps? It's really broken, very jerky and the full scene motion blur is not there to smooth the frames. Seems like an afterthought. Pointless mode really, was hoping for nice motion blur.

I remember having some trouble at Winter.
It was quite hard to go for stealth kills because using the knife alerts everyone. Even when using the bow it can be quite tricky.

That's how I'm finding it as well. I appreciated the increased challenge against infected but with humans it's a little bit tiresome. I'm just glad ammo was plentiful.

webkatt

Is there something wrong with the contrast in this game. At some point it is super bright and others I feel like the blacks are crushed beyond believe.

I'm on limited rgb and don't have problems with my other games

The cutscene
before Fall was incredibly well done. Sam/Ellie & Henry...wow.
I still have issues with how derivative the story is, but that part was incredibly well done.

Probably been brought up but why is the game asking me to buy the game under Start when the disc is in the machine.

It's doing this for every disc based game. I think something was updated in the background that's having them push the digital game in the livearea of each game.

It's kinda dumb because they said the install from the retail copy is not compatible with the digital version. If you ever buy the digital version, you'll have to redownload the game even though you have it installed via the retail copy.

Hopefully Sony fixes this.

Beatrix

Been playing this so much. Just a few more single player trophies then I'm done with that part. Man I haven't been this into a game since RE4. They remind me of each other. <3

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone know if the Survivor+ trick still works? The one where you don't need to play survivor through completely to access survivor+.

Top Bottom