• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us - Review Thread [Emargo up, scores in OP.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Hilarious times, the funny thing is that most of those guys probably agreed with the Eurogamer review after they finished the game. We can be sure that no lesson's were learned though.

Nothing does hyperbole quite like a Neogaf review thread :D

from one of the guys who finished the game.

Someone asked:

is it sad? is it worthy of man tears?

and he replied:

My significant other filled up with tears twice while watching me play the game. What does that tell you? Most powerful story I've played through the entire generation. 

YOOOOOOOOOOOO T_T I need this now. Gonna make my GF watch me play :)

Sanctuary

Wow, I had never seen that post before but that is insane.

That thread just shows how hyporcticial some of GAF can be at times. Because you know, someone's opinion always has to be justified in any way possible.

Game gets all around shitty scores: "Who reads reviews anyway? LOL"
Game gets scores that match hype/expectation levels: "GOAT!!!!!"
Game gets mostly positive scores, with a few negatives: "Fuck those reviewers, they have no idea what they are talking about".

i-Lo

Given this is a trilogy, how is the ending in terms of satisfaction (does it have a cheap cliffhanger like say Halo2)?

Bikram

You should see their PSASBR score. They gave it one of the lowest scores, and they gave GoW:A an 8/10.

You should look up things before jumping to assumptions.

They gave UC3 a 10 too. I like UC3 as much as UC2 but people generally regard it as the worst UC game. Just saying :p

Given this is a trilogy, how is the ending in terms of satisfaction (does it have a cheap cliffhanger like say Halo2)?

It's not a trilogy. They've said that from the start. It's a game that stands completely on its own. There's no cliffhanger according to Neil and Bruce.

Guys tell me. Does this actually have a chance to *whispered voice* dethrone Uncharted 2?

tumblr_inline_mlxv007G7B1qz4rgp.gif

offtopic: whats this gif from?

i-Lo

It's not a trilogy. They've said that from the start. It's a game that stands completely on its own. There's no cliffhanger according to Neil and Bruce.

There was a recent thread of Sony purchasing domain fro TLoU 2 and 3 (iirc). However, I'd take Bruce's word.

Kacho

I need this game in my life.

iboes6yg1slgostok78.gif

Fuck, I can't unsee her as ET now.

dress.jpg

Can't wait till all of the reviews start pouring in. This is the first game in while I've been unbelievably curious to see if it lives up to the hype.

Love the TV spot for it.

Gadirok

Hilarious times, the funny thing is that most of those guys probably agreed with the Eurogamer review after they finished the game. We can be sure that no lesson's were learned though.

No, I think most people thought it didn't even deserve an 8/10 for not matching up to Uncharted 2 in quality.

from one of the guys who finished the game.

Someone asked:

is it sad? is it worthy of man tears?

and he replied:

My significant other filled up with tears twice while watching me play the game. What does that tell you? Most powerful story I've played through the entire generation. 

Ok now I'm getting hyped.

Wow, I can't wait to see the next reviews if the 2 on here are perfect. If I see a whole bunch of 8, 9's, and 10's then this game might have hit the goldmine.

Can't wait to pick this up next week.

Certinty

Actually quite interested in this now.

Didn't think any of the Uncharted games were amazing but this looks pretty good I must say.

There was a recent thread of Sony purchasing domain fro TLoU 2 and 3 (iirc). However, I'd take Bruce's word.

That's probably just Sony playing it safe and snatching up domain names before anyone else can hold them hostage.

Meanwhile a Last of Us sequel is not yet a foregone conclusion: "The story is self-contained. The story stands on its own," added creative director Neil Druckmann. "We don’t end on a cliffhanger. The characters and the journey they go through ends with this story."

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/123439..._sequel_plans_detailed_for_ps3_exclusive.html

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I think you should quit gaming. Might as well watch people play every game.

How would that be quitting gaming? I do watch people run through new games often, its a great passtime. I dont do it because I cant afford the games, I do it because alot of games mechanically either disinterest me or are very similar to games I have played before so physically sitting down and playing them holds no value. That being said I admire environments, story, atmosphere and the skill that goes into creating them. I still consider myself a gamer.

i-Lo

zroid

Banned
Personally I think it was just as good as 2, but I had my expectations in check :p the hype was unreachably high for U3.

I agree. U2 was not perfect by any means, and I think many people raise it up on an absurdly high pedestal. While U3 was certainly not perfect either, I believe it did some things right which U2 got wrong. On the other hand, U3 disappointed in some ways which U2 delivered. Together, they are about the same in overall quality.

Anyhoo, I'm bailing from this thread before my blackout is further disturbed. Ciao!

FACE

Banned
Threads like these are why I find myself digging through OTs and reaction threads for specific posters that I recognize and trust and disregarding the rest, especially when it comes to platform exclusives.

I think it's best to wait a week or two after the game comes out.

Drachma

Banned

I'm willing to bet that the people clearly desperate for a rerun of that thread are going to be the ones embarassing themselves the worst trying to provoke those reactions from everyone else when the reviews start appearing for real.

I predict an account greyveyard by the time the dust settles here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom