• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us - Review Thread [Emargo up, scores in OP.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how people don't like Uncharted 3. It's not as good as 2, but few games are! Uncharted 3 is still an incredible game!

Andrew.

Banned
I'm willing to bet that the people clearly desperate for a rerun of that thread are going to be the ones embarassing themselves the worst trying to provoke those reactions from everyone else when the reviews start appearing for real.

I predict an account greyveyard by the time the dust settles here :)

There wont be a graveyard dude. Just a nice handful of pissed off people.

nib95

Banned
If Uncharted 3 and the team that developed it are 'bad', then most AAA games and their respective developers must be insufferable.

their 2nd team (Uncharted 3) is pretty bad tho.

Are you being serious? That's one helluva exaggeration...UC3 isn't better than UC2 (which would be incredibly hard to top regardless, let's recall how many 10s UC2 got) but considering it was made with half of the Naughty Dog team in the span of less than 2 years, it's a great game.

Half of Naughty Dog (for UC3) >>> The best half of Insomniac Games. Just saying...

tumblr_mlr1sj2b3n1qdny4ho3_500.gif

Its looking mighty fine.

HL2 was phenomenal for its time, but by today's standards it's not exceptional.

For me GOW3 takes the cake for sheer spectacle.

Plus, good of war dropped you straight into the action. They both had fantastic starts, let's hope this can live up to them.

i-Lo

HL2 was phenomenal for its time, but by today's standards it's not exceptional.

For me GOW3 takes the cake for sheer spectacle.

In terms of spectacle sure, but what about the emotional element? I want to know where TLoU's intro excels at i.e. evoking surprise at the action or pathos given the situation of the world. I'd bet it'd be the latter.

daveo42

Banned
Man I want this game to come out tomorrow. Too much good stuff coming up in the thread about length and the opening being awesome for me to contain the hype.

I need to stop right now to avoid being disappointed in anyway when the game comes out next week.

BossLackey

Gold Member
More than any other game this year, I'm very interested in the reviews for this. If the embargo is lifted a week and a half before release, they must be expecting good reviews. I guess we'll see. But I agree, those first two reviews don't mean anything right now.

Watch demos. Approaches to take out rooms are varied, and A.I react situationally. Maybe I dare compare it to Demon's Souls?

I'm reluctant to do too much searching because I know there's been some serious leaks. I have seen some gameplay footage but not enough to get a sense of the AI. I've lost interested in the Uncharted style roller coaster ride type games and I'm trying to determine if this is a game along those lines or not. Quality, dynamic AI goes a long way so that certainly sounds promising.

Larsen B

A film magazine and an official format magazine are truly worthy critics.

With that said, a little birdy told me Tim Langdell has been looking into trademarking 'denary' recently.

I don't think it's anything to do with Zero Escape.

KaiserBecks

If a crappy game like GTA 4 can get 10's, this can. Seeing as this will probably actually be a good game.

But what if it gets 10s and still ends up being crappy? I really don't care about reviews, I just hope that it's nothing like Uncharted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom