• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Leftovers |OT| Left Behind With Damon Lindelof - Sundays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another big reveal coming out of today’s session was that
Ann Dowd’s character Patti Levin, the leader of the Guilty Remnant’s Mapleton chapter, “isn’t dead,” Lindelof said.

“When we wrote the script for Episode 8, Patty dispatched herself by a violent means,” he said. “The uniform reaction from every member in the cast and HBO was ‘What are you doing here?!’ We said, ‘Believe it or not, she’ll still be on the show.’ We don’t plan to use her as a Shakespearean ghost; someone who comments on the action. She’s in the show, but we don’t really want to talk too specifically about how she manifests.”

I think it cheapens the finality of death if you bring your characters back as ghosts or hallucinations or whatever. Maybe for one episode, but certainly not ongoing.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I think it cheapens the finality of death if you bring your characters back as ghosts or hallucinations or whatever. Maybe for one episode, but certainly not ongoing.
Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about this, or about a certain Netflix show doing the same thing. It always reeks of writers being afraid of committing.

Bloodrage

Banned
We don't know how it's going to be handled. He said she wouldn't be a ghost. Wait and see.

Ogni-XR21

I don't think the two shows compare at all.

I honestly don't know what to expect from season 2 and even after watching the trailer. I liked the tone of the first season and kind of hope the second season manages to capture that feel again.

belushy

Banned
By the time the fifth and sixth seasons rolled around, I was very invested in pretty much all the characters. For that fact I will say that the one season of Leftovers so far is not better, but I'll see what I have to say after this season ends.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Y0d6Ebv.jpg

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom