• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda WW HD PICTURES Thread - take selfies sailing the Great Sea

Amazing game is amazing:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01bzsby.jpg

Albo

Man, some of these pics..

Aonuma talking about selfie feature during development

Eiji Aonuma - I think it's just the fact that lots of people take selfies. Even I do it myself sometimes. It's become such a normal thing. It just seemed like it would be weird to not have that in the game, now that it's such a normal part of our culture, and we have this game with a camera in it.

I went to the director and said, 'Hey, put in this ability to take selfies.' The first thing he said actually was, 'I can't do it. It's too hard.' We went back and forth about three times, and each time he said, 'No, I can't do it, it's too hard.' The third time I went and asked him about it, he said, 'Okay, it's in the game.' It was just in there. He did it. But I think... that's a big part of the fun that's become a part of the game now. It's just something that we had to have in the game.

Third time's the charm

Tumo

yep I'll just take a stroll into this dark cave...

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01o4b4n.jpg

... and murder all these bats o:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01aulel.jpg

twinkle twinkle

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01xzs4y.jpg

why is the mastersword so bendy?

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01c4sjg.jpg

"electric boogaloo"

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01u2jaf.jpg

I was doing the withered tree run, used a whirlwind to get close to one, and actually let out a gasp when I found myself here. This game is always surprising me.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01sfafd.jpg

Man, some of these pics..

Aonuma talking about selfie feature during development
Third time's the charm
So it was Aonuma's idea? Excellent call there. The anecdote is like the exact oposite on how fishing was added to Ocarina of time XD
Question about this one, if Miiow or anyone else in the know could please answer. Presume here the shadows are been generated by the full moon. So my question is in the other moon phases are the shadows generated or not? That would be a really incredible attention to detail.

Question about this one, if Miiow or anyone else in the know could please answer. Presume here the shadows are been generated by the full moon. So my question is in the other moon phases are the shadows generated or not? That would be a really incredible attention to detail.

I think they are always the same.
Fullmoon:
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01q9sv0.jpg

Crescent:
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01jmsmz.jpg

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
This thread is amazing. I'm hanging out to play this for the first time. I was all set on picking up a Wii U with the Wind Waker bundle this week and I discovered that Nintendo aren't offering it in Australia. Absolutely gutted.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What is this, how do you do that?
The Tingle Statues were originally a secret quest revealed to the player while using the Tingle Tuner in a dungeon. In WWHD there seems to be no reference to them so it seems Nintendo is relying on those who already know of their existence to spread the word, via Miiverse most likely.

What you have to do is find a specific location in each dungeon and bomb it to reveal a secret chest. You may have noticed some odd spots in each dungeon that seemed to be there for no reason and that's because those spots are the Tingle Statue locations.

I posted hints for each one on Miiverse if you want to find them yourself. I tried to make them a bit cryptic so people had a little sense of discovery.
Statue 1
Statue 2
Statue 3
Staute 4
Statue 5

Otherwise you could just Google each one on YouTube and I'm sure you'll find a video for them.

Tumo

everything

Loving your pics, carefully chosen.

I never remembered the Earth Temple being terribly visually appealing but I was rather surprised when playing it again. Think it's my favourite so far, on to the Wind Temple!

Time to die

wiiu_screenshot_tv_019gf1u.jpg

Deep Inside

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01k5ecf.jpg

Key Grotto

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ykiwu.jpg

So Shiny

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01sby43.jpg

Cowering

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01vne72.jpg

Complete

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01dzy4y.jpg