• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda WW HD PICTURES Thread - take selfies sailing the Great Sea

kizmah

Oh, I am gonna open you, and I am gonna take your treasure, and I will make it mine.
9cWIAks.jpg

So my nose is a beak. Quit staring!
6e6P0rW.jpg

That fresh air!
fZoGRCS.jpg

Many an argument can be made that this is the best-looking console game to-date.

Day-to-night & night-to-day transitions are unreal.

Schnozberry

I don't know what it is about this picture, but it feels so real. Like it's obviously not striving for realism but I can totally imagine running down one of those corridors.

Video games don't have to be hyper realistic to feel lived in. Same goes for Mario 3D World. What jumps out to me about both of these games is how full of life they fell in their presentation. Maybe it's me being fatigued with gritty realism, but they feel like deviations for the norm, even though they are historic franchises.

kizmah

I don't know what it is about this picture, but it feels so real. Like it's obviously not striving for realism but I can totally imagine running down one of those corridors.

I totally get what you are saying. That's the amazing artstyle at work. A thing about that screen, I lighted up a torch and put it on the ground behind the treasure chest just to get that dramatic lighting on Link. Worked wonders for the shot.

Timeaisis

Never played the original? Does he still say the same thing when you first enter the Gallery?
APjFF.jpg

Thanks, [Nintex]... wherever you are.

I have, I just don't particularly remember that line. It's been 10 years. It just seems to stand out more now, what with all the anti-Nintendo bullshit.
And yeah, he says the same thing. Someone posted it in the OT:

zlCfzRJkJrAF20MgNo

Jackano

My contribution to this thread (finally):

Enjoy those 1920x1080 thanks to my new capture device (let me know what you think about this stuff please, I just start with capture):

Just did it again, 11 years after!

Also those selfies where I only rely on the Tingle miiverse bottle:

Just got lucky, hitting the A button when Link was doing this face:

And I remember this specific spot from the GC version where sometime a treasure appears strangely very close:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01u2siq.jpg

Da hell? I don't remember seeing this in the original version on Gamecube. Can someone give me the location of this island it resides on?

Thanks!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Looked it up, it's at E2. That island always confused me, looked important, but it wasn't :p

D-e-f-

Banned
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01u2siq.jpg

Da hell? I don't remember seeing this in the original version on Gamecube. Can someone give me the location of this island it resides on?

Thanks!

The stones there look like frogs. So it has to be some kind of tribute to the wind gods (who are frogs).

Btw, I wondered why that pic looked familiar until I realized it's mine :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The stones there look like frogs. So it has to be some kind of tribute to the wind gods (who are frogs).

Btw, I wondered why that pic looked familiar until I realized it's mine :D
They're meant to look like ChuChus. It's meant to be the island of ChuChus. It's also hinted that the potion shop guy visits the island a lot.

D-e-f-

Banned
They're meant to look like ChuChus. It's meant to be the island of ChuChus. It's also hinted that the potion shop guy visits the island a lot.

Ah makes more sense, I guess. I only noticed the big eyes while I was leaving and didn't inspect it further. Weird that there aren't any ChuChus there, though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ah makes more sense, I guess. I only noticed the big eyes while I was leaving and didn't inspect it further. Weird that there aren't any ChuChus there, though.
They're down the hole under the dome. There's a small hole you need to crawl through.

Chuckpebble

I remember when playing this on Gamecube that there would be frequent situations where the ocean plane could be seen clipping into the floor of the boat. Is that present in this, or did they find some way to mask that?

D-e-f-

Banned
I remember when playing this on Gamecube that there would be frequent situations where the ocean plane could be seen clipping into the floor of the boat. Is that present in this, or did they find some way to mask that?

Still happens. Don't see why that's weird as it's water and you're in a tiny boat in the open sea. Anyone who thinks water wouldn't constantly be splashing into your boat has never been on a water vessel. :)

Elider

So, I finally got this game! I toyed around with the camera before even leaving Outset, and was glad to realise that first-person pictures are as good as ones taken with the picto box!
tumblr_muewxqonPV1skjqieo10_1280.jpg

tumblr_muewxqonPV1skjqieo5_1280.jpg

And then I realized I need a tumblr account for better resolution (and less Miiverse spamming):
tumblr_muez7dlBjB1skjqieo1_1280.jpg

Also want to share one of my favourite video game quotes:
tumblr_muewxqonPV1skjqieo8_1280.jpg

By the way, I snapped a picture of Sturgeons legs, and well... they look neat.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I'm surprised we got so few games using cell shading. Playing this Wind Waker makes me realize this is my favorite art style.

shandy706

I'm waiting for a new Zelda and Mario before I buy a Wii U.

This thread, that I opened for the first time today, solidifies that when I buy a Wii U.....this game is going to be mine Day 1.

This thread is making me buy a Wii U.

For a game I've played 100 times.

Thanks.
Well, you should buy it for games you've never played and are much better than this one (Toki Tori 2+, NSMBU, Pikmin 3 and ZombiU for example).
But I must admit that every time I see pictures of this game I want to play it, in fact, I think that's what I'm going to do in just a matter of seconds XD

Top Bottom