• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda WW HD PICTURES Thread - take selfies sailing the Great Sea

MilkBeard

You guys have really sold me on this game with all the pics. I was actually feeling like buying it on Sept. 20th but then I found out that day that the physical release wasn't until October 4th.

Oh, the wait! Can't wait to play. I agree with everyone that the game looks breathtaking.

MilkBeard

zlCfzRIn2yoYXebFOX

Deep in Dragon Roost Cavern, something caught Link's attention.

Something about the shadows cast on Link make this look awesome.

Why does this game look incredible? I honestly want to know why. It seems to me that all they've done is apply a few new bits of lighting and tampered with things such as the skybox and some textures. It looks incredible though, hot damn.

rawktapus

Why does this game look incredible? I honestly want to know why. It seems to me that all they've done is apply a few new bits of lighting and tampered with things such as the skybox and some textures. It looks incredible though, hot damn.

Well, they had a pretty strong foundation to start with. Wind Waker still holds its own against games across the Wii/PS3/360 spectrum due to it's timeless artstyle. The HD image and the great lighting effects are merely icing on the cake.

GCX

Crazy that this 10 year old game looks so goddamn beautiful.

The linkstagram thing is a nice little extra since it really showcases Link's expressions.

MilkBeard

More importantly, why did the first photos that Nintendo released for the game look so terrible compared to these in-game screenshots?

Short answer: Nintendo needs to take better photos

Tampered? Looks like they've redone almost all the textures in the game and incorporated a completely new lighting system

Watching a stream of this on Twitch right now on my 360, and the whole thing seems very surreal. It's probably my favorite Zelda game from start to finish, and I love to watch it, but I just don't know if I want to play it again.

Lumyst

It's probably my favorite Zelda game from start to finish, and I love to watch it, but I just don't know if I want to play it again.

Oh I feel similarly, if I do get it it'll be because of the graphics and I wonder if that's a good reason, but at the same time I was a kid the last time I played this game and I would love to explore it more thoroughly now. And perhaps the hero mode will add a nice challenge...and the new music too would be nice...okay, I'll cave.

MilkBeard

Oh I feel similarly, if I do get it it'll be because of the graphics and I wonder if that's a good reason, but at the same time I was a kid the last time I played this game and I would love to explore it more thoroughly now. And perhaps the hero mode will add a nice challenge...and the new music too would be nice...okay, I'll cave.

That's the spirit!

Jackano

Nice pics but too bad Miiverse still isn't direct feed resolution, which really sucks.
I hoped to see more shots taken with capture devices and not Miiverse :/

At times, the lighting is some of the absolute very best I have ever seen, and I say this as a heavy PC gamer. It really has to be seen to be believed.

FSLink

Banned
Seriously, this games makes me glad that the WiiU supports to take screenshot. It's beautiful and has so many magic moments.

It made me wish i'd get the Deluxe Picto camera sooner :(
Well why don't you get it sooner? They even cut down one of the requirements for the original quest so you can get it before Forest Haven.

Niteandgrey

Neo Member
You guys have really sold me on this game with all the pics. I was actually feeling like buying it on Sept. 20th but then I found out that day that the physical release wasn't until October 4th.

Oh, the wait! Can't wait to play. I agree with everyone that the game looks breathtaking.

Can't say enough good things about the game. I downloaded it Friday night so that it was all ready to play on Saturday morning. My son and I spent most of Saturday morning and afternoon playing it. It was like having an old friend over that you haven't seen in years.

This thread has revealed to me the futility of thinking that I won't eventually buy a WiiU. If Wind Waker looks this good the next true WiiU Zelda is going to be a day 1, I must have it ASAP purchase.

Top Bottom