• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda WW HD PICTURES Thread - take selfies sailing the Great Sea

This thread has revealed to me the futility of thinking that I won't eventually buy a WiiU. If Wind Waker looks this good the next true WiiU Zelda is going to be a day 1, I must have it ASAP purchase.

Playing this again with the new graphical touches has me hoping
against hope
that the new Zelda uses this art style again.

stuminus3

This topic has convinced me to buy this as soon as I get my Wii U back from repair even though I thought I could skip it since I played the GC version to death. Wow.

The shading is distinctly different. Can someone please confirm if there are or aren't in-game cel-shading settings?

The shading style seems to change depending on the lighting. Especially notable when indoors or when you open a treasure chest.

Crub

The textures on Gohma are different because he's taken damage.

I'm assuming that's what you meant since otherwise they're fairly identical.

Think he means more like how Link doesn't look cel shaded in the one pic. It's true, there are times he doesn't. The entrance to Dragon Roost Cavern for example.

Instead of trying to frame money shots I've been messing around trying to get some of the new effects on camera.

The grass looks amazing, ice arrows give off light now, heat distortion is turned up to 11 and dat DOF.
zlCfzRIqvQklTSaeRx

zlCfzRIqzxw2j_-DgQ

zlCfzRIq1E48zSzYu7

zlCfzRIq3XYuor-Z-m

zlCfzRIrDyU5VmeuXf

edit:

this one was a pain to take

watershed

Banned
This game makes me really hope Nintendo chooses another "non-realistic" artstyle for Zelda Wii U. I want something crazy colorful and expressive.

SuperPac

There are so many cool screenshottable moments in the game I almost find myself every few minutes thinking "ooh I should post that to Miiverse" but think "nah, I'll just be spamming people with WWHD shots". Game just looks so good, not that the original was any particular slouch either. Timeless.

WWHD01.jpeg

WWHD02.jpeg

WWHD03.jpeg

WWHD04.jpeg

I only took 2 shots during my session. One I directly uploaded to Miiverse, the title screen. The other, not yet uploaded, is a selfie with the first full heart in the background.

Not really interesting, but here's the title screen one.
zlCfzRItbywr3XsdnQ

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Love everything being posted here. If anyone's interested in adding me to their WiiU friends list, my NNID is SpaceDonkeys. Let me know you're from the Zelda screenshot thread!

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Instead of trying to frame money shots I've been messing around trying to get some of the new effects on camera.

The grass looks amazing, ice arrows give off light now, heat distortion is turned up to 11 and dat DOF.

edit:

this one was a pain to take

Some of the shots have amazing lighting (like the first two). The rest of them aren't all that impressive unfortunately =(.

Mory Dunz

No, consoles always win
emulator never catch up the next gen consoles

the texture pack comes from Hypatia's High Res Wind Waker Texture Mod

If the textures are redone then it's not really "Wind Waker" as Nintendo made it, and not comparable to WW HD.

Aren't there crazily modded old PC games that might look better than more recent games? Does that really prove anything?

Trying to think of an example but I don't play many PC games recently. I heard older Elder Scrolls games (maybe IV) are heavily modded. If they look better then Skyrim now, are Skyrim's looks devalued?

Anyone have a shot of Link's amazing "double magic" reaction? Either 1080p or from Miiverse? My first GAF avatar was of that moment, thinking about bringing it out of retirement!

Here's a cropped image from the GCN version to refresh memories:
iIH2w31hsucEg.jpg

EhoaVash

during daylight the game looks amazing
zlCfzRIs-HoMci_Hjh

looks much better than that, the grass and water really looks outstanding but EEK there are some issues here mainly framerate is shit when ever you're on the boat and try to bomb. Especially when you get to
forsaken fortress and are getting bombed from all direction
the framerate is so bad that it's hard to even move the boat. also I'm loving the miiverse bottle messages, very addicting to collect even though most of them are stupid, unfunny messages with pictures.

during daylight the game looks amazing but EEK there are some issues here mainly framerate is shit when ever you're on the boat and try to bomb. Especially when you get to
forsaken fortress and are getting bombed from all direction
the framerate is so bad that it's hard to even move the boat. also I'm loving the miiverse bottle messages, very addicting to collect even though most of them are stupid, unfunny messages with pictures.

In honor of this I present two of my favorite selfies with captions

"Praise the sun"
zlCfzRIg3gQHU13Ll9

"Phantom Ganon after last night #hyruleparty"
zlCfzRIeMoUfBSvjy4

Top Bottom