• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda WW HD PICTURES Thread - take selfies sailing the Great Sea

G.ZZZ

Couple new ones from me:

zlCfzRIvkAwkYkE3mG

zlCfzRIvkLAKlmD3ki

zlCfzRIvc68iI8NNct

zlCfzRIvb3A_yH-3NZ

This game is still so beautiful... ;_;

Nintendo you can do another good zelda again, i believe.

mrmickfran

This game, Okami, Viewtiful Joe, and Jet Grind Radio will go down as the best looking games of all time.

Based Cel-Shading.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
GOSH...I'm speachless...
these are simply AMAZING. No other word can describe them...

zlCfzRIzPQAos859B9

zlCfzRIxkwQ3TDlGnE

zlCfzRIyIlwjlrqOAM

zlCfzRIvc68iI8NNct

zlCfzRIvb3A_yH-3NZ

the ones with bad weather are my favourites, but also when its' fully sunny...those colors!!!

Josh7289

I only took 2 shots during my session. One I directly uploaded to Miiverse, the title screen. The other, not yet uploaded, is a selfie with the first full heart in the background.

Not really interesting, but here's the title screen one.
zlCfzRItbywr3XsdnQ

I love that Japanese logo.

MilkBeard

argh, this is making the wait hard. It might be worth getting the game just to take pictures and enjoy the zen of Wind Waker in HD.

I think of the HD Nintendo games I've played so far, my favorite effect that they use is the depth of field. It really makes Pikmin 3 stand out and look realistic. Can't wait to see it in effect with Wind Waker in 1080P and dat lighting.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
what the hell! Is that a feature with any Wii U game?

99.9% of them yes. It'll cache the TV and GamePad screens until you return to the game, and if you make a post in a miiverse community before that they'll be hiding behind the photo-attachment option.

Revven

You have to do the goron merchant quest. You start the quest in Windfall with the shop/parka dude (Zunari, I think his name is). It's a pretty annoying quest all told.

It's actually not all that bad now thanks to the Swift Sail. It could still be seen as tedious, sure, but the length of time it takes is greatly reduced because of the Swift Sail alone. I completed the quest in one sitting, which was like 20-40 minutes of my time? Really wasn't too bad.

It's actually not all that bad now thanks to the Swift Sail. It could still be seen as tedious, sure, but the length of time it takes is greatly reduced because of the Swift Sail alone. I completed the quest in one sitting, which was like 20-40 minutes of my time? Really wasn't too bad.

The Swift Sail helps a LOT but the point is a lot of the questing in this game is still incredibly tedious. This quest in particular, if you're efficient at it, is like: "Go to Point A to Point B to Point A again to Point C to Point B again to Point C again to Point A again to Point B again." Not to mention you're spending rupees at each one, etc. It's just mind-numbing.

Yes, it's like 30 minutes now if you know what you're doing, but a boring 30 minutes shouldn't be excused. THEN you get to go to Windfall and pay for the opportunity to only carry 3 statues at once, placing them around town, all for a single piece of heart. :\

lt519

Holy shit. I wasn't going to get this because I've already played through on GC, but this thread is just making it look like so much fun. Bye bye GTA and Rayman, my whole day tomorrow is dedicated to WWHD.

Nope I got a feeling we got WW and not TP HD is because zelda wii u will be a more realistic tone.

Here's a crazy thought. What if it's a mix of styles? Now that they've revealed the timeline and shown that different styles equate to different off-shooting branches, a compilation of styles across many different games would be interesting. Probably not even remotely close to what the actual game will be but it would be cool if they could pull it off.

On topic, great thread. This game always will have a special place for me. Loved it and looking forward to the chance to get go play it again.

Here's a crazy thought. What if it's a mix of styles? Now that they've revealed the timeline and shown that different styles equate to different off-shooting branches, a compilation of styles across many different games would be interesting. Probably not even remotely close to what the actual game will be but it would be cool if they could pull it off.

On topic, great thread. This game always will have a special place for me. Loved it and looking forward to the chance to get go play it again.
I thought Skyward Sword was a good balance between Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. I have no idea what they'll do next.

MilkBeard

I thought Skyward Sword was a good balance between Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. I have no idea what they'll do next.

Skyward Sword would have looked amazing in HD with a lighting/shading system like WW HD.

That being said, I recall Aonuma basically saying that the next Zelda probably isn't going to look like the HD demo they created, which is basically a confirmation that it's going to have some kind of blend of cartoonish/realistic.

Personally, if they could actually create the graphics to actually look like Skyward Sword's image art, then that would look amazing.

Like this in 3D form:

Skyward-Sword.jpg

So the ideal look would basically have this cel-shaded look with advanced lighting/shading.

I got the Wii U bundle yesterday, and have been loving replaying the game. I never realized until I replayed the GCN version last year how sentimental I was toward this game. :)

Some pics I took (which I love doing and posting on Miiverse!):

Just got the Deluxe Picto Box and the Tingle Bottle feature, so now I've been blindly jumping into the ocean every time I see a bottle. I'll need to take a picture of that, too. :)

zroid

Banned
That being said, I recall Aonuma basically saying that the next Zelda probably isn't going to look like the HD demo they created, which is basically a confirmation that it's going to have some kind of blend of cartoonish/realistic.
Paper Zelda. I still believe.

Actually I would be thrilled if they took the art style of the Zelda game in Nintendo Land. That was freaking gorgeous.

This is the only game that's garnered my interest on the Wii U thus far, even though I've played it to death.

Now, I'm assuming this runs in at least 720p, right? Maybe even 1080, but all these screenshots seem rather small, which is a shame.

Someone with a capture card should play and post some shots :)

Top Bottom