• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The No Holds Barred Castle Crashers Official Thread of Broken Netcode and Crash Bugs

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Okay, I have determined that the number of gamertags that are needed for justification is about 20 or so.

Ryuuga

Banned
GT: Einherjar Ryu

Definitely Day one.

Also:

1262xdy.jpg

Had to do it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
GT: Jtwo

This game really can't come out soon enough.

MrDaravon

Son of Godzilla said:
I *still* don't see what the big hooplah is over this game.

Same here. I'm not being an ass, I'm just honestly not sure exactly where all the excitement is coming from. I played Alien Hominid and didn't really care for it honestly. Is there something besides that the developers did, or anything else that the hype is based on?

Mar

Jtwo said:
I'm watching a few of the videos.. what the fuck is up with the giant hand telling you to go to the right every 40 seconds or so. :lol :lol :lol

Ahh the memories of trying to position the hand on top of your head in Double Dragon...

Teknoman

SailorDaravon said:
Same here. I'm not being an ass, I'm just honestly not sure exactly where all the excitement is coming from. I played Alien Hominid and didn't really care for it honestly. Is there something besides that the developers did, or anything else that the hype is based on?

Son of Godzilla said:
I *still* don't see what the big hooplah is over this game.

Its the spiritual sucessor to Guardian Heroes with 4 player online and offline co-op / vs.

Kyoufu

SailorDaravon said:

I'm riding on the greatness of my favourite game of all time (Guardian Heroes) for this game. If you've played that or Panzer Bandit, you'd be excited about this!

SailorDaravon said:

Even if I'd never played Alien Hominid (I have, and it's fun, but certainly not the most jawdroppingest thing ever), the wit involved in this game along side such impressive unlockables and leveling for a game of this type, plus easily accessible 4 player co-op, I mean honestly, I don't get how people lump this in with other games that "people don't get" because they think people are just blindly hyping a developer or a "hook".

Castle Crashers' appeal is all about its core gameplay. All the other stuff is window dressing.

ShaunBRS

Darkpen said:
Alien Hominid's one thing, but the angry face on the health bar? The carrot with the clock face? D:

Alien Hominid did have angry face on the health bar as well. Also CarrotClock is actually Tom's alt account on Newgrounds. I hope there's a ton of sneaky awesome shit like that :D

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
xlildragonxod said:
Hey guys, just wondering here, but is it possible for this game to come out on PSN?

Well, it is possible in the sense that The Behemoth is an independent entity, but as far as I know there are no plans and honestly I would expect it since this game has been at least 2 years in the making, The Behemoth is a small firm, and there is probably the requisite exclusivity clause in the contract.

MrDaravon

BenjaminBirdie said:
Even if I'd never played Alien Hominid (I have, and it's fun, but certainly not the most jawdroppingest thing ever), the wit involved in this game along side such impressive unlockables and leveling for a game of this type, plus easily accessible 4 player co-op, I mean honestly, I don't get how people lump this in with other games that "people don't get" because they think people are just blindly hyping a developer or a "hook".

Castle Crashers' appeal is all about its core gameplay. All the other stuff is window dressing.

I wasn't a big fan of the art style in Alien Hominid, which is why I honestly hadn't paid a whole lot of attention to this. Usually people are just like "IT'S A BRAWLER BY THE ALIEN HOMINID GUYS" so I never paid it much attention. I'm definitely going to check it out, having a new 4-player online game will be ballin', I'm just not super excited about it.

pr0cs

If you don't at least try this then you really aren't much of a gamer. Games like this are why I don't think I'll ever give up gaming.
Day one, no trial buy.

Shard said:
Well, it is possible in the sense that The Behemoth is an independent entity, but as far as I know there are no plans and honestly I would expect it since this game has been at least 2 years in the making, The Behemoth is a small firm, and there is probably the requisite exclusivity clause in the contract.
I see. I was just wondering whether or not it was exclusive to Microsoft. I really wish I could play this, unfortunately I don't have a 360. =\

Nester

I'm there day 1.

I created a Metatag for us if you guys want to utilize it.

GT is GAF Crashers - add that to your friends list, and then you can view friends of the tag to see someone else that is on the list - that way you only need to add one tag to your friends list instead of everyone individually.

I'll check it daily and accept friend invites for it as it they come along.

Grifter

Is it easy to tell what's going on as you're playing?

Is this one of those cutesy look Flash games where things get "humorously" gory?

adelante

Lol at the princess in the last screenshot who's tied to the pole around her face :lol

Also, can't freakin' wait!!!!~

Costanza

Banned
SpeedRazor said:
I'm there day 1.

GT is GAF Crashers - add that to your friends list, and then you can view friends of the tag to see someone else that is on the list - that way you only need to add one tag to your friends list instead of everyone individually.

added :)

pr0cs

SpeedRazor said:
I'm there day 1.

hope Shard can add that to the OP.

Finally! The official thread cometh. Can't believe that banner! How can you not like these guys?

I'm wondering how many of those who don't "get it" have never spent time elbow-to-elbow with friends playing beat em ups at arcades, or on the couch playing games like Streets of Rage co-op? It's perfectly understandable if it's not your thing, but I can't imagine anyone who spends time on a site like GAF not being able to at least SEE what elements of this game would appeal to so many longtime or hardcore gamers. Ah well, to each his own.

Also - I didn't realize so many unlockables were still secret. Shard, do you know if the Behemoth plans on revealing more before launch or is that it?

RadarScope1 said:
Also - I didn't realize so many unlockables were still secret. Shard, do you know if the Behemoth plans on revealing more before launch or is that it?

I hope they keep them secret, and I ask that we keep a BRAID-LIKE stranglehold on unmarked spoilers in this thread. I'd really love to experience the thrill of exploration in this game.

Teknoman

Grifter said:
Is it easy to tell what's going on as you're playing?

Is this one of those cutesy look Flash games where things get "humorously" gory?

Ken Masters said:
I thought this was a power stone/smash brothers type game

It can be, if you want it to be. The 4 player vs mode is sorta like that. The normal single player and co-op mode isnt though.

Observe (using GH for reference once again)

Single player/ co-op style:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55qO0DZKis0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjsDLfT-8X8

Similar to this in Castle Crashers (except CC has a Mario World esque overworld map)
http://www.vimeo.com/1492397?pg=embed&sec=1492397
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37704.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37674.html

Versus mode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsLYHpetUUA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf94wSankE0

Except Castle Crashers is limited to 4 players, but its the same principle behind vs as you can see here:
http://www.vimeo.com/1465777?pg=embed&sec=1465777
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24306.html

RadarScope1 said:
Finally! The official thread cometh. Can't believe that banner! How can you not like these guys?

Of course, just look at my avatar :D
Toss in 20 different characters, many different weapons and special attacks.

Protip: If you dont like the music in Castle Crashers (we dont know how it sounds, but still...just in case) create a custom soundtrack containing some of your favorite beat em up game soundtracks. Guardian Heroes and Double Dragon 2 arranged tracks should work nicely.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
RadarScope1 said:

I'm wondering how many of those who don't "get it" have never spent time elbow-to-elbow with friends playing beat em ups at arcades, or on the couch playing games like Streets of Rage co-op? It's perfectly understandable if it's not your thing, but I can't imagine anyone who spends time on a site like GAF not being able to at least SEE what elements of this game would appeal to so many longtime or hardcore gamers. Ah well, to each his own.

I do not know.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, posted that Metatag stuff in the OP, no need to post your Gamertag now, just follow those instructions.

Sean

Banned
Can't wait for this. Good idea on the GAF Crashers tag, everyone add yourselves so we can make sure everyone can experience the 4 player co-op.

I'll be picking it up and playing as the blue guy.

my GT is Linkzg64, so if you want to play, prepare to play for long hours at a time.

Won

Yes? No? Yes? No? Yes? No? Still don't know. :(

Will try out the demo and probably flip a coin to see if it is a purchase.

Top Bottom