• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The No Holds Barred Castle Crashers Official Thread of Broken Netcode and Crash Bugs

Teknoman

Won said:
Yes? No? Yes? No? Yes? No? Still don't know. :(

Will try out the demo and probably flip a coin to see if it is a purchase.

2ugpgf9.jpg

Also i'll have to level up everyone...alot of the characters just seem like they would be fun to play as.

Teknoman said:
2ugpgf9.jpg

Also i'll have to level up everyone...alot of the characters just seem like they would be fun to play as.

"Please, miss! Two Face has pissed himself again!"

And yes, I'm leveling up every damn one of them.

Nif

Getting even one character to level 99 seems like it'll take a long time. :lol In one of the videos I saw of a 4-player campaign, only two of the characters leveled up (to level 2?) in the first stage. You'll probably want to level 2-3 characters, too, since people can't choose the same character in multiplayer.

My only concern is the multiplayer versus and hit detection. They run around pretty fast, so it might get frustrating in anything less than 4 players on a normal map. (I'm reminded of Legend of Mana vs mode, for some reason) I'm mostly excited for the oldschool 4-player arcade cooperative brawling action, anyway.

GhaleonEB

One of my most wanted games in ages, ever since PAX last year. I'll be there day 0.

Gentle tweak to Shard - simplicity in thread titles is best. Half the time I can't even tell what your threads about, and had missed this one since it was posted since "Castle Crashers" was buried in a pile of superfluousness. And that's all I'll say about it. :p

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
BenjaminBirdie said:
I haven't changed my theme since GTA4.

I will change it on August 27th.

This, Except for me it was the Dark Knight theme. I welcome the Castle Crashers theme.
Bitey bat is so awesome! I hope he literally bites off heads and just drops them to the ground or something but I guess thats asking for too much.

Also, Blue Knight player for sure :D

Nif said:
My only concern is the multiplayer versus and hit detection. They run around pretty fast, so it might get frustrating in anything less than 4 players on a normal map. (I'm reminded of Legend of Mana vs mode, for some reason) I'm mostly excited for the oldschool 4-player arcade cooperative brawling action, anyway.

I was also thinking about that in terms of the 3D plane and dodging. Curious about how that works.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Excellent thread Shard, and that's pretty cool of The Behemoth themselves to provide the banner - good stuff!

The only, ONLY reason I won't be getting it day one is that I won't be in the country yet till a few days after - but THEN I'll be getting it right away! :lol

Hmmmm, should I be rocking the blue guy right away, or the Alien Hominid - decisions!

RBH

GhaleonEB said:
Gentle tweak to Shard - simplicity in thread titles is best. Half the time I can't even tell what your threads about, and had missed this one since it was posted since "Castle Crashers" was buried in a pile of superfluousness. And that's all I'll say about it. :p

Great thread otherwise, Shard.

TDG

Banned
I think I'll be the red guy. Ohio State, represent. Or I'll be the Alien Hominid, I loved that game. I voted for it for GAF GOTY last year.

I love the crazy art in the game as well, the behemoth games have awesome visuals. Cool that the OP shows that off, Shard. The title is a bit hard to spot, though. ;P

Can't wait for this.

Can't wait. My mic broke recently so I had to order a new one. Bought the Text Pad for 23 bucks since it comes with a headset and buying that alone would have been 15. I can tell these damn headsets are so cheap. My friends broke and I gave him an extra I had. That broke too. :lol

Aaron

BenjaminBirdie said:
I was also thinking about that in terms of the 3D plane and dodging. Curious about how that works.
Attacks have a degree of vertical travel, so you don't have to be toe to toe with an enemy to hit it. Really, it's no different from Streets of Rage or other classic brawlers.

Aaron said:
Attacks have a degree of vertical travel, so you don't have to be toe to toe with an enemy to hit it. Really, it's no different from Streets of Rage or other classic brawlers.

Cool. I must admit I stopped at Double Dragon.

Jme

I can not wait for this motherfucker...
Thank god I have Bionic Commando Challenge Rooms to frustrate me until this is released!

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Holy crap I have next wednesday off work. Will be hosting 4 player games the second this shit goes live.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

Man, after that gametrailers video about how they are influenced by Treasure and River City Ransom/Technos Japan, two of my favorite companies and one of my most classic of all games, I am going to buy this day one for sure.

GT: PocketMobsters

SpeedRazor said:
I'm there day 1.

I created a Metatag for us if you guys want to utilize it.

GT is GAF Crashers - add that to your friends list, and then you can view friends of the tag to see someone else that is on the list - that way you only need to add one tag to your friends list instead of everyone individually.

I'll check it daily and accept friend invites for it as it they come along.

You know, if there's one thing Live is sorely missing it's clan support. Sure, we have our NeoGAF Hardcore, VIP, and so on meta friend lists but still, I can't see those people on my friends leaderboards unless I actually add them to my FL.

I guess this is as close as we get for now. Thanks! Invite sent.

Kyoufu said:
That makes it 20 tags. Are we going to have them in the OP or just the metatag?

I'd say we keep them in the metatag. If we need additional freinds tags we can just make GAF Crashers 2 and so on.

GT: gregor7777

I have waiting for this game for friggin ages, and cannot wait for the 27th to hit. Might do some TMNT coop action before hand to warm me up, can goddamn wait. I'll add the metatag after work.

Also hope they do increase the games lifetime with some DLC. I can see them adding additional arenas, but I would prefer new coop missions and maybe characters. Any idea on the game's length?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, I actually decided to add those Gamertags, but an idea for the future, it might be prudent for somebody to make a dedicated Castle Crashers Gamertag Thread.

Gowans

Shard said:
Indeed, indeed, is that epic enough for you Mr. Gowans?

Completely!!!! AMAZING OP!

you have out done yourself Shard, awesome GAF header from thebehemouth too.

Just re-read the thread and I'm hyped to the MAX!

Get my gamertag added Gowans007 (add the GAF Crashers group, I want in!) [yeah there should be just a link to a Gamertag thread or just the group view friends page)

So excited, taking the day off for this puppy its been such a long wait!

Whos in my gang for straight 4 player co-op at minute 1 of release?

:D :D :D :D

I would take the day off for this but I am WAY behind on my projects at work But what free time I do have will be spent plating Castle Crashers!! This game is going to be so SWEET!!

DAY ONE!!

Top Bottom