• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official UFC 100 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NH Apache

Banned
I'm watching UFC countdown right now and Brock is fucking hilarious. Dude is a beast too. Did he take that wall out when he walked out of the room? And LOLOLs at punching his mustache off!

BTW, the UFC 100 site is probably the most awesome website I have ever seen. I really really like the style.

Can't wait.

Apparently this is the top 10 UFC fighters ever according to the countdown they've been doing

10. Shogun/Griffin
9. Karo/Sanchez
8. Gonzaga/Cro Cop
7. Silva/Franklin 2
6. Silva/Franklin 1
5. Lesnar/Mir 1
4. GSP/Penn 1
3. Hughes/Trigg 2
2. Liddell/Silva
1. Griffin/Bonnar 1

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/spoilers-top-10-ufc-fights-1010664/

Truly horrible. There's a big difference between a great fight and a big upset, but you wouldn't know that from that list.

Boogie

SolidSnakex said:
Apparently this is the top 10 UFC fighters ever according to the countdown they've been doing

I can't really object to Griffin/Bonnar being at the top spot. I mean, what do you really expect?

But the rest of that top 10? UTTER SHIT.

Liddell/Silva? No.

GSP/Penn I? That was not an exciting fight.

Lesnar/Mir I? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Both Silva/Franklin squash matches?

Gonzaga/Cro cop?

Utterly ridiculous. Of those top 10, only Griffin/Bonnar 1, Hughes/Trigg 2, Shogun/Griffin, and Sanchez/Parisyan would even make my own personal top, oh, 30 or 40 UFC fights of all time.

Yeah, there's a huge number of one-sided fights on there. Then again the UFC values brutal KO's over any other result so it's not terribly surprising.

Boogie said:
I can't really object to Griffin/Bonnar being at the top spot. I mean, what do you really expect?

Don't get me wrong, I have no arguments against the Griffin/Bonnar fight. It was an amazing fight and the impact it had on UFC is just massive. So I can definitely see why it's where it's at.

The one that stuck out to me was the CroCop fight. Seriously? That wasn't a good fight. It was a big upset, but that was about it.

mrbagdt

George St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves
i will cheer for thiggy, but i just dont think he can do it.

Frank Mir vs. Brock Lesnar
i think mir will win again and lesnar will say mir just got lucky again.

Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping
i think bisping is going to be at 185 what rashad has become at 205. we will see if i am right.

Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar
stupid fight

Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago
how could you not pick fitch.

Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher
belcher is really overrated, akiyama is gonna knock his ass out in 1.

Jake O'Brien vs. Jon Jones
i hope the 21 year old jones can keep making waves in the LHW division

TJ Grant vs. Dong-Hyun Kim
i have heard a lot of good things about grant, but i think kim will get it.

Mac Danzig vs. Jim Miller
cheering for danzig, but im afraid miller will win it.

C.B. Dollaway vs. Tom Lawlor
hate dollaway, but you have to pick him in this fight.

Matt Grice vs. Shannon Gugerty
no real interest....

mrbagdt

its disappointing to me that this is such a sure thing. i mean, i wish you could debate with people about what the top fight would be, but griffin bonnar always seems to be the 'if you dont think this is the best fight ever then you obviously dont know mma'. if you stepped outside of the UFC, however, i think there are lots of good answers you can come up with. honestly, i think it is just kind of depressing- its almost like saying the best is definetely behind us and it can never get any better. it certainly is not that way in any other sports!

agrajag

Banned
What happens if Brock Lesnar loses this? Will he actually have to work his way up like every other fighter or will they keep giving him title shots?

Rur0ni

Shouldn't the undercard be starting shortly?

edit:

MATT GRICE (10-2) VS. SHANNON GUGERTY (11-3) via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 1, 2:36.

C.B. DOLLAWAY (9-2) VS. TOM LAWLOR (5-1) via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 1, 0:55.

T.J. GRANT (14-2) VS. DONG HYUN KIM (11-0-1) via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26).

JON JONES (8-0) VS. JAKE O'BRIEN (11-2) via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 2, 2:43.

Spoiler?
Shannon Gugerty def. Matt Grice via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 1, 2:36
Tom Lawlor defeats C.B. Dollway via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 1, 0:55
Dong Hyun Kim def. T.J. Grant via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-26)
Jon Jones def. Jake O'Brien via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 2, 2:43
Jim Miller def. Mac Danzig via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Mark Coleman def. Stephan Bonnar via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Guillotine city!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Glad Lawlor won after last night, Round 1: (Tom Lawlor is coming to the cage with "Who Let the Dogs Out?" playing. Seth Petruzelli is on a chain, bone in mouth, walking on all fours. Really; I can't possibly make this stuff up. and then
(After the bout Lawlor, a middleweight, calls out the winner of Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir. And Georges St. Pierre vs. Thiago Alves. And the WEC. Yes, he was kidding. Well, at least I think he was.) :lol

agrajag said:
What happens if Brock Lesnar loses this? Will he actually have to work his way up like every other fighter or will they keep giving him title shots?

You mean "work his way up" like Randy Couture had to after retiring. ;)

smoothj

if anyone could find it in their hearts to Please tell Me where I can watch this online I will be ever so greatful

Ikuu said:
Check Sopcast for MMA-TV, not the best quality but it always works.

It's always good to have a couple of backups because sopcast has been known to go down before but I'll wait until it does before asking for some others.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
SolidSnakex said:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/spoilers-top-10-ufc-fights-1010664/

Truly horrible. There's a big difference between a great fight and a big upset, but you wouldn't know that from that list.
wow. i just came online to say i flipped to spike and caught number one.

A lot of you have a greater depth of knowledge of the UFC than I do but I would have put Chuck/Rampage in the top 10, just cuz of how big it was. I remember standing there stunned when Rampage was howling and Chuck still reeling against the cage :lol

iddqd

Dark FaZe said:
Am I wrong for hoping that Mir can actually stand up with Lesnar only because he was able to beat the shit out of Nogs corpse?

no!
the recent re-watching of that fight made me think the same thing.
it would be way more awesome if he could out- strike him for the first rounds until he pulls a submission.

Dark FaZe said:
Am I wrong for hoping that Mir can actually stand up with Lesnar only because he was able to beat the shit out of Nogs corpse?

If he stands and slugs with Lesnar he will get crushed. I'm saying it even though I could end up looking like a fool in 2 hours but there is no way that will be his gameplan. At least for an extended amount of time. He might box for a round or so but if this turns into an extending boxing match he's getting his lights knocked out eventually.

dem

shows starting

i have a feeling all of my feeds are going to die tonight...
ufc 100 and all..

`Moe Joe.

Banned
I am watching a stream and its still promos. How were there undercard spoiler results in this thread, is there a delay with the real event to stream/ppv and have they already happened?

Rur0ni

Stoney Mason said:
If he stands and slugs with Lesnar he will get crushed. I'm saying it even though I could end up looking like a fool in 2 hours but there is no way that will be his gameplan. At least for an extended amount of time. He might box for a round or so but if this turns into an extending boxing match he's getting his lights knocked out eventually.
I think he's gonna try to keep it standing till Lesnar gasses. I'm sticking to that. ;)

You don't use Griffin as your sparring partner unless you're working on striking and endurance. I think he wants to dominate the stand up, force Lesnar to make a takedown, and look for a sub.

dem

Is Akiyama up first?

He better enter to "time to say goodnight"

HE BETTER

If its numetal dana is a dick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom