• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS TV can now run every single app/game without restriction (via simple hack)

deadfolk

This is the best thing ever!

Does anyone know a ps1/psp game that previously didn't work which I can use to test that part of it?

Edit: Lol. I just used Disgaea 3 to test a native Vita game that previously didn't work. Worked a treat. Then I noticed there was an update available, which I downloaded. Patch note: 'Now compatible with Vita TV'.

Dunkley

So since I haven't mentioned it before, I just wanna report in and say having unblocked Peace Walker, it works without any major issues (there's something up with the install features, it needs them to be constantly activated again but then again that's probably due to me tabbing out into the system occasionally and the game getting confused)

Otherwise it works great, no crashing or issues here! The 20FPS lock and the low resolution isn't doing the game any favors especially since the PSTV removed the billinear filtering option, but that's all forgiven considering co-op works without any issues:

XSCZr3j.jpg

Really? I had no idea. Nice to know :) Back touch works as well?

Yes, at least on the DS3. Clicking the left stick activates front touch emulation, clicking the right stick activates back touch, and I think clicking both sticks activates both screens at once (why you'd need this I don't know but that's what the instructions seem to indicate). Not sure how this would work on the DS4's touchpad but I'd be surprised if it didn't have back touch emulation as well.

Ludens

Banned
So Uncharted GA is playable too?
Anyway this won't last enough, Sony will patch it in no time, expecially considering you can play Gravity Rush (given on Plus) on your TV and there's a PS4 version coming.

Rich!

So Uncharted GA is playable too?
Anyway this won't last enough, Sony will patch it in no time, expecially considering you can play Gravity Rush (given on Plus) on your TV and there's a PS4 version coming.

Just keep your pstv off the PSN store and turn off automatic update. You aren't forced to update, and you can easily keep buying games if you have a vita or PS3 to transfer to and from.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah but higher firmware titles or lower firmware on your system may prevent some titles from running, unless this exploit has a way of getting around that block?

Dunkley

SURGEdude and me investigated the whitelists a bit more, and vitacl.ww.dl.playstation.net and vitacl.xx.dl.playstation.net seem to be servers the Vita refreshes the whitelists from, as I went through a variety of situations where it occasionally will reset the whitelist with them blocked via URL Filter which didn't reset the lists, unblocking them and doing something that previously prompted a connection error (like clicking the update symbol on a Vita game) did. So there's that, and to note with them blocked it still allowed access to the E-Mail application and even the PS Store!

For example, I was allowed to download Peace Walker again and still having the whitelist stay modified. However, just to note ahead, since we also were looking into copy-restrictions to make blocked PS1/PSP games happen we found out that since the PS3 seems to pull a whitelist from those servers to determine which content is allowed to be copied upon connecting with a Vita, blocking these addresses makes you unable to copy over any content from the PS3.

fvng

SURGEdude and me investigated the whitelists a bit more, and vitacl.ww.dl.playstation.net and vitacl.xx.dl.playstation.net seem to be servers the Vita refreshes the whitelists from, as I went through a variety of situations where it occasionally will reset the whitelist with them blocked via URL Filter which didn't reset the lists, unblocking them and doing something that previously prompted a connection error (like clicking the update symbol on a Vita game) did. So there's that, and to note with them blocked it still allowed access to the E-Mail application and even the PS Store!

For example, I was allowed to download Peace Walker again and still having the whitelist stay modified. However, just to note ahead, since we also were looking into copy-restrictions to make blocked PS1/PSP games happen we found out that since the PS3 seems to pull a whitelist from those servers to determine which content is allowed to be copied upon connecting with a Vita, blocking these addresses makes you unable to copy over any content from the PS3.

Oh my god

micster

So if I grab a Vita TV tomorrow, is there a certain firmware it needs to be upgraded to - or is this just full out for all firmwares?

Rich!

Some details about the PSTV's touch emulation. I'll add it to the OP.

1. Hold down the PS button and you get the standby menu. Turn this option to ON:

2015-09-26-1316060hsq5.jpg

2. These are the controls. If you are using a DS4, you can use the touchpad!

2015-09-26-131608ges1r.jpg

3. touch some shit

2015-09-26-131547u0sga.jpg

LAM09

I ain't able to get past the second chapter on Golden Abyss thanks to tilt controls. Can see why this game isn't originally on the whitelist with all the Vita gimmicks it has.

TheSeks

I ain't able to get past the second chapter on Golden Abyss thanks to tilt controls. Can see why this game isn't originally on the whitelist.

DS3/4 Six-Axis won't work?

Dunkley

So if I grab a Vita TV tomorrow, is there a certain firmware it needs to be upgraded to - or is this just full out for all firmwares?

This works for the most recent firmware (3.52)

Google rejects my login because the app is not secure enough. Fuck off google. Let me white list the device at least.

You'll have to let Google allow "less secure" apps for it to work. You can change that in settings on your account.

Ramune

Google rejects my login because the app is not secure enough. Fuck off google. Let me white list the device at least.

All else fails, do a 2-step verification. Go to your web based Google account and to then "My Account" and then Sign-In and Security and then select the 2-step verification process. Just select Mail and "Other" for the Vita e-mail app and it will generate a password that should work now! I was having trouble myself earlier...

Can't do the Gravity Slide but....KAT ON MY TV OMFG!!!!!!#^&@$%

Rich!

Took my pstv round a mates house today to play some games. All I needed to take was the console and a USB cable for power (he had controllers and hdmi)

The PSTV works fine just powered by the TV's USB socket.

So yeah, most portable console ever. We then went to CEX, he traded in a game and got one for £18.

This works for the most recent firmware (3.52)

You'll have to let Google allow "less secure" apps for it to work. You can change that in settings on your account.

Thanks! I think it worked (though I quit the email app everytime I open a file after I pressed the ps button, it was not clear if I was supposed to or not).

just to make sure: I still have to download the apps on an actual vita? Or downloading from the store should work too? Or either?

Dumb question, but it'll work with physical games right? It's just my luck that I'll get it and the bypass doesn't apply to physical games for some reason.

Okay, following up on my theory, I have tried by just following the instructions listed in the OP as normal, but instead just sending the whitelist #0 file to overwrite

ur0:game/launch/list_launch_emu.dat

instead of

ur0:game/launch/list_launch_vita.dat

And, huzzah! It works now!

Peace Walker runs on the Playstation TV now instead of telling me it's incompatible! Since that list includes PS1 and PSP games, it should technically make EVERY PS1/PSP application playable, but sadly I do not possess any blocked PS1 games to try it out, so please anyone else confirm/deconfirm that this does infact also unblock previously blocked PS1 games.

edit: Due to the fact that this doesn't change the copy-restriction on blocked PS1 titles however, having them unblocked is pointless if you can't load them onto your system in the first place.

I'm sure not many of you have blocked PSP games they wanna play on the PSTV, but the ones that do I am sure this will be useful!

To end this off, here's a video with proof featuring my cellphone surprisingly picking up a lot of noise from my clock!

I'm finally able to play Dracula X with a PS4 pad. Thanks so much!

Ramune

Dumb question, but it'll work with physical games right? It's just my luck that I'll get it and the bypass doesn't apply to physical games for some reason.

Yes it will! My Ys: Memories of Celceta pics are from my physical card for example....(even see the tiny card icon at the System Level)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

Wait what? In such case won't a proxy that changes the retrieved document fix that?
Then the question would be if that is even illegal...

Lime

This in the OP is super unclear:

. Email it to your vita's registered email address with the title of ur0:game/launch/list_launch_vita.dat

And also email again with the title of ur0:game/launch/list_launch_emu.dat to unblock all PSP/PS1 games.

Is the title referring to the subject header of the e-mail or the filename of the '0' file?

And do you have to exit the app and enter it again to run the second *_emu.dat file?

Rich!

Is the title referring to the subject header of the e-mail or the filename of the '0' file?

And do you have to exit the app and enter it again to run the second *_emu.dat file?

Subject file of the email. the file must be called #0 with no extension in ALL of the hacks.

And yes to the second question.

fvng

I ain't able to get past the second chapter on Golden Abyss thanks to tilt controls. Can see why this game isn't originally on the whitelist with all the Vita gimmicks it has.

What's crazy is your dual shock has tilt controls. You would think they would have made sure any tilting done on the dualshock would get captured by the PStv

The only feature they couldn't reasonably emulate is the camera

TheSeks

It's clear if you've seen the tutorial images.

Basically:

To: Your e-mail
Subject: "ur0:game/launch/list_launch_vita.dat (or wherever you're injecting)"
Attachment: #0 (the file you're injecting)

Send.

On the e-mail app you'll see #0 as an image file. Tap that/click that.

You'll get an error. DO NOT PRESS "OK" ON THE ERROR. BACK OUT WITH THE HOME BUTTON.

Now reboot your system if you're doing the whitelist. On bootup you should be able to run everything with exceptions.

micster

It's not normally, no - but you can if you have the right cable. It's a standard 5v input.

I coincidentally had one in a drawer that was the right connection. Works perfectly. I've never actually used it with the actual mains adapter lol

Awesome, I'll have to source one of them

Berordn

Wait what? In such case won't a proxy that changes the retrieved document fix that?
Then the question would be if that is even illegal...

There'd be nothing illegal about proxy or DNS redirection, at that point its just pulling files from the internet without modification to the system itself.

And it'd probably be ideal for the whitelist at least. Even if they patch this exploit, having the Vita/TV pull the modded file from the network every time it refreshes would save a bit of headache.

LAM09

What's crazy is your dual shock has tilt controls. You would think they would have made sure any tilting done on the dualshock would get captured by the PStv

The only feature they couldn't reasonably emulate is the camera

Exactly. I'm quite shocked it isn't implemented already.

Man, I knew I shouldn't have waited, Amazon bumped their price $10 and now it's back over the threshold of too much for too little. I'll have to check eBay now or buy a used one

Az987

all good things
I played Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack on the PStv (it was one of the white listed games) and I think I unlocked a trophy I already had gotten on my Vita. Is that the trophy thing people were talking about? My PStv isn't online but I guess I shouldn't take it online now.

TheSeks

I played Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack on the PStv (it was one of the white listed games) and I think I unlocked a trophy I already had gotten on my Vita. Is that the trophy thing people were talking about? My PStv isn't online but I guess I shouldn't take it online now.

No. Since the trophy thing is modifying your local SQL table to make it think it unlocked but online it doesn't.

You just didn't sync your trophy file for the TV to PSN so the game didn't have the "synced" list and allowed you to unlock it like you didn't before.

Zafir

So, I've been trying the first part, but it isn't resetting the settings or anything? It's also not saying about an image, which leads me to assume the email itself is wrong, but I downloaded the one in the OP.

Edit: Okay, I tried the wololo automatic thing instead and it's giving the photo error, I exit out of the app instead of clicking okay, go back in, and it didn't reset settings. :I

Canon

Banned
It worked at first, when I downloaded the online pass for wipeout it stopped working. So I did the wololol.net and now it's working again.

So maybe when you download something from your download list it stops working?

Top Bottom