• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS TV can now run every single app/game without restriction (via simple hack)

Rich!

It worked at first, when I downloaded the online pass for wipeout it stopped working. So I did the wololol.net and now it's working again.

So maybe when you download something from your download list it stops working?

I've downloaded numerous games and moved the console between two houses and ive only had to install the hack once.

Az987

all good things
No. Since the trophy thing is modifying your local SQL table to make it think it unlocked but online it doesn't.

You just didn't sync your trophy file for the TV to PSN so the game didn't have the "synced" list and allowed you to unlock it like you didn't before.

Ah, gotcha. Good to know.

So, I've been trying the first part, but it isn't resetting the settings or anything? It's also not saying about an image, which leads me to assume the email itself is wrong, but I downloaded the one in the OP.

Edit: Okay, I tried the wololo automatic thing instead and it's giving the photo error, I exit out of the app instead of clicking okay, go back in, and it didn't reset settings. :I

When this happened to me, it was because I wasn't using a GMail account on the Vita. As soon as I switched to a GMail account, everything worked perfectly.

Zafir

Got it to work finally. Turns out it doesn't like my normal email address, so had to use my gmail account. Had to turn off 2-step authentication to do so, since it didn't like my application specific password.

The files the hack alters, are they on the internal storage or the memory card? I just ask because I have two memory cards so I'm wondering if I'm going to have to install it every time I swap them.
When this happened to me, it was because I wasn't using a GMail account on the Vita. As soon as I switched to a GMail account, everything worked perfectly.
Yeah I scrolled back through the thread and found where you mentioned that, haha.

Thanks!

zychi

Banned
if it ain't patched then im gonna get myself a vita for christmas

Weirdly enough, thats my though process too. I could retire my ps3 since 99% of the games I want to play are playable on the VitaTv (MGS4 being the exception). My only issue is the overpriced memory cards. Hopefully someone figures out how to use USB with a hack or custom firmware on the pstv by then

B_Signal

For people having trouble sending the e-mails, Wololo put up a webpage that does it for you.

http://wololo.net/talk/pstv_whitelist/

It is in testing right now, but replies on twitter say it worked fine.

Thanks for this

I'd set up my gmail account on my PTV, for whatever reason the first email wasn't wiping my settings. This did it first time and I think has worked. (it would have let me boot Tearaway if I had the cart in the machine)

flux1

SURGEdude and me investigated the whitelists a bit more, and vitacl.ww.dl.playstation.net and vitacl.xx.dl.playstation.net seem to be servers the Vita refreshes the whitelists from, as I went through a variety of situations where it occasionally will reset the whitelist with them blocked via URL Filter which didn't reset the lists, unblocking them and doing something that previously prompted a connection error (like clicking the update symbol on a Vita game) did. So there's that, and to note with them blocked it still allowed access to the E-Mail application and even the PS Store!

Wanted to thank you both for taking the time to figure out which sites to block. I went through and added them on my cheap router, re-did the whitelist erase, and I was able to buy the HD/Fury DLC for Wipeout without issue.

Rich!

Same here. I was thrilled that my local Hastings had a single copy in stock. I've had the PSTV for a while, and now I finally have a game to play on it.

Ys the ideal utopia...

heh. it's £14.99 here on the UK PSN Store. Far cheaper than any retail option.

The only way this would have been easier is if I'd picked a simpler password on my burner gmail account. :)

I used the wololo site to send emails and have just played Wipeout 2048.

I also blocked the whitelist site on my router, which I didn't know was possible so bonus points for teaching me that!

vongruetz

Banned
And thanks to one hack (that doesn't allow piracy) people are suddenly excited about the PlayStation TV again. I wonder if Sony is taking notes and listening. Reading through this thread and see how many posts say, "I just went out and bought Game X because of this" and by "Game X" I mean, Ys Memories of Celceta...

If Sony is going to abandon it, just open it up. Let it be free.

I need help - i plugged in my playstation TV via hdmi to my benq monitor i use for everything and powered on. I just get a black screen.

Any idea why it would do this or what i can do to reset it?

I need help - i plugged in my playstation TV via hdmi to my benq monitor i use for everything and powered on. I just get a black screen.

Any idea why it would do this or what i can do to reset it?

Could be a bad HDMI cable or an HDCP conflict.

I bought a used one today and when I plugged it into my splitter, I got a black screen because of the HDCP. Plugging it into my TV directly gave a signal. but it was fuzzy so I had to change the cable.

Rich!

This is not helpful

Actually it is.

Do you really want a list of the entire Vita library? Because that's what you would get.

Get the current official compatibility list and just assume EVERYTHING else now works too.

No one is going to bother making a list for this - because everything works on it now.

And Sony limited this functionality why, exactly? Official support for this feature would have been a no-brainer for any competent executive. Now that the platform is dead...oh well.

jsnepo

SURGEdude and me investigated the whitelists a bit more, and vitacl.ww.dl.playstation.net and vitacl.xx.dl.playstation.net seem to be servers the Vita refreshes the whitelists from, as I went through a variety of situations where it occasionally will reset the whitelist with them blocked via URL Filter which didn't reset the lists, unblocking them and doing something that previously prompted a connection error (like clicking the update symbol on a Vita game) did. So there's that, and to note with them blocked it still allowed access to the E-Mail application and even the PS Store!

For example, I was allowed to download Peace Walker again and still having the whitelist stay modified. However, just to note ahead, since we also were looking into copy-restrictions to make blocked PS1/PSP games happen we found out that since the PS3 seems to pull a whitelist from those servers to determine which content is allowed to be copied upon connecting with a Vita, blocking these addresses makes you unable to copy over any content from the PS3.

Thanks for this.

I have got an idea and have been thinking about this even before this exploit. You think it is possible to set some of sort of proxy server that tricks the consoles to get an edited whitelist from your PC. I remember a software used before that intercepts the PS3 downloads and gets it from your PC instead.

MrDaravon

Actually it is.

Do you really want a list of the entire Vita library? Because that's what you would get.

Get the current official compatibility list and just assume EVERYTHING else now works too.

No one is going to bother making a list for this - because everything works on it now.

Weren't people saying there were some odd titles that weren't working like one of the Neptunia games? Or did that get figured out.

Personally still waiting to see how this pans out for playing PSP and PS1 games that aren't on PSN. Would kill to be able to rip and play Tales of Radiant Mythology and a handful of other games on PSTV, we still have a PSP but I just find it so uncomfortable to hold, always have :/.

Got this working tonight and I love it. It feels so good to get some major use out of the device. Even if I can't play everything on it fully, I still want to try out Uncharted on this bad boy - ditto Gravity Rush.

fvng

Actually it is.

So it took you several sentences and a convoluted explanation to just say "every game works now" ?

Rich!

So it took you several sentences and a convoluted explanation to just say "every game works now" ?

screenshot_2015-09-277bqz7.jpg

Rich!

i wish you the best in your endeavors to be humorous or clever

And I wish you the best in your future endeavours of actually reading through threads I make, including the title of this very one.

No need to get uptight or be a dick. I answered your question twice and gave correct and true information both times. There is no list.

fvng

And I wish you the best in your future endeavours of actually reading through threads I make, including the title of this very one.

No need to get uptight or be a dick.

If you want to be helpful to people, give straight forward answers instead of trying to seize an opportunity to misfire a joke. the first day or two of this thread there were reports of some games being incompatible still (Neptunia, etc). If that has changed, then change your OP or add a FAQ to the end of it. Literally not responding to my question would have been better than your roundabout attempt to be witty. the thread title is not a robust answer to detailed questions.

Rich!

If you want to be helpful to people, give straight forward answers instead of trying to seize an opportunity to misfire a joke. the first day or two of this thread there were reports of some games being incompatible still (Neptunia, etc). If that has changed, then change your OP or add a FAQ to the end of it. Literally not responding to my question would have been better than your roundabout attempt to be witty. the thread title is not a robust answer to detailed questions.

Allllrighty. I won't ever answer any other queries you have then in any of my threads.

Others clearly welcome the help and input I've put into this forum over the past six years, so whatever.

Resilient

even in times of VITA peace, some people find it in em to be super salty about literally nothing at all. thanks for the heads up Rich, i'm gonna go source a PSTV now!!

Krejlooc

Banned
Can you run PSP games that you normally couldn't run? Like, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops. I have the actual disc, can I rip it on my modded PSP, take the file off the card, put it on my playstation TV, then play it?

Rich!

Can you run PSP games that you normally couldn't run? Like, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops. I have the actual disc, can I rip it on my modded PSP, take the file off the card, put it on my playstation TV, then play it?

Not yet, but quikrazor is releasing a hack for it quite soon.

hlhbk

Do you have to run this exploit every time? I would like to run this and unplug my network cable as I don't want my psn banned.

jax

Banned
This all seems like a secret tactic by Sony to move some Vita Memory Cards. I'm not falling for it.

-buys a vita memory card-

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

For example, I was allowed to download Peace Walker again and still having the whitelist stay modified. However, just to note ahead, since we also were looking into copy-restrictions to make blocked PS1/PSP games happen we found out that since the PS3 seems to pull a whitelist from those servers to determine which content is allowed to be copied upon connecting with a Vita, blocking these addresses makes you unable to copy over any content from the PS3.
Pardon me for sounding dumb, but is there a way that this blocking could maintain this whitelist hack while still updating officially?

Major props to the creators of this!

I've been playing Wipeout 2048 all night - the only thing I ever wanted from my PSTV. Like others have said, now that this works, I'll probably buy several more games.

Top Bottom