• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS TV can now run every single app/game without restriction (via simple hack)

kdoll08

There must be some sort of separate white list for US and Japan games because I'm playing Netflix and the Dracula x chronicles but I can't get the Japan version of everybody's golf to load. It gives the standard this game is not compatable with pstv error message

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Thanks for the info. It was worth mentioning it one more time otherwise i wouldnt know about it hehe =) Assuming that its officially supported, then i wonder why more games arent officially working on PSTV.

Partly I think because they shipped the bundle with a DS3, and emulating touch on a ds3 is horrible. Manageable for the occasional, non-timing critical use, but otherwise bad

sensui-tomo

Just wondering and I know i'm in the minority, have there been any fixes that allowed PSX games to change screen size yet? Oddly the ps tv doesnt let you change sizes yet the vita does.

So even though we cant download blocked PS1 games from the PSN store, we should be able to copy PSP/PS1 backups eventually right??

This hack gives us write access to the system??

Shenmue

Banned
So is there any way to sync trophies and stuff after you do this? For instance if I play Gravity Rush and want to sync the trophies I got.

fvng

So is there any way to sync trophies and stuff after you do this? For instance if I play Gravity Rush and want to sync the trophies I got.

Yes, you're basically just playing those Vita games as though they were never restricted.

fvng

Hmmm but I guess there's a chance they could ban my account if I do? I understand nobody would know for sure.

A Gravity Rush trophy achieved on the VitaTV or the Regular Vita is the same since they are fundamentally identical consoles. There is nothing about a trophy that identifies what kind of platform it was received on (as far as i know) can anyone verify?

Bought a used Vita TV but I face the problem when moving my memory card that since the Vita TV isnt under the same account as the memory card, I cant access any of my games on the card.

Is there a way to bypass this or do I have to update, knowing that this hack will pretty much blow open emulators and etc etc in the near future?

Alright GAF, you win. Just got back from the store with this:

CQCRL0MWsAQ-gYE.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Yes. Just sync normally unless it requires a firmware update. In which case either: Update and lose exploit or don't give a fuck and don't update.

Has there ever been a solution offered why this simply did not work for me? I did everything word for word that the OP said. I used my gmail account on thuderbird, mailed them to a yahoo address i had that I accessed on the PSTV....and everytime I tried it, it simply just...didn't run the games not compatible.

Has there been an explanation for why this might happen, and suggestions? please?

Has there ever been a solution offered why this simply did not work for me? I did everything word for word that the OP said. I used my gmail account on thuderbird, mailed them to a yahoo address i had that I accessed on the PSTV....and everytime I tried it, it simply just...didn't run the games not compatible.

Has there been an explanation for why this might happen, and suggestions? please?

I tried for ages using a hotmail account. The first attachment seemed to work, but the second attachment just wouldn't. Hotmail was messing it up. I imagine Yahoo is doing the same.

Just create a temporary gmail account and set that up on your Vita TV.

So this is really method, 100% working? I plug PS TV to my TV anjoy all my VITA games?

I have VITA, so i can sell it? :p
Some games still don't work.
Your games may start, but you may not be able to play all those games start to finish.

If you were expecting to buy/play any future releases, then you might want to hold onto your Vita.

I tried for ages using a hotmail account. The first attachment seemed to work, but the second attachment just wouldn't. Hotmail was messing it up. I imagine Yahoo is doing the same.

Just create a temporary gmail account and set that up on your Vita TV.

awesome, this worked. Thank you!

Just another question, does this have to be done every time I boot my PSTV?

Edit: man, even blown up on my tv, Wipeout 2048 still looks awesome.

Vashetti

Banned
Trying to do V2 of the hack and when sending the "email:send..." thing, I cannot get it to appear as a link on the PSTV, it's typed out perfectly.

What am I doing wrong?

flux1

A sort of mini PSA. With the announcement that the PS4 3.0 firmware update comes out tomorrow, that means an update for the Vita is coming as well since the remote play protocol is changed.

So if you have anything left you need to do regarding PSN, you need to get it done today if you aren't updating your systems past 3.52.

Pillville

My PSTV arrives tomorrow. I bought one just because of this hack (are you reading this Sony?).

It will be interesting to see how long this hack will live and how Sony forces people to update to undo it.

eastx

Has it been pointed out that the guide in the OP doesn't work because it needs to add a period at the end of the email subject lines for the two whitelists?

Also, for that V2 whitelist method, I can't get the email link to show up as a link when checking the email on the PS TV. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Vitacat

This is mindblowing. I am now tempted to buy a PS TV.

WTF doesn't Sony let it be like this in the first place? WTF is wrong with them?

If we aren't on the latest FW update, then how can we download from PS Store? This will render the exploit useless as it will require a Vita or PS3 =/

Apath

Still on 3.52, however the hack will randomly fail and non-PSTV games will give me an error when I try to run them. I have to go back to the email and run the hack again to get the games to work again. This has happened twice today.

This is mindblowing. I am now tempted to buy a PS TV.

WTF doesn't Sony let it be like this in the first place? WTF is wrong with them?

Why do so many people think Sony is the only factor here? Licensing, rights holders....the usual roadblocks are all at play here.

Edit: Obviously, the onus is on Sony to look into these things before releasing a half-assed product like the PSTV.

vongruetz

Banned
Why do so many people think Sony is the only factor here? Licensing, rights holders....the usual roadblocks are all at play here.

The games that are blocked are done so because the user wouldn't be able to full play them since some functions and features wouldn't work. I don't think it would be a licensing issue since when you purchase any Vita game, the license authorizes you to install it on three devices, and the PSTV is included as one of those devices.

The games that are blocked are done so because the user wouldn't be able to full play them since some functions and features wouldn't work. I don't think it would be a licensing issue since when you purchase any Vita game, the license authorizes you to install it on three devices, and the PSTV is included as one of those devices.

I Was sure there were games without mandatory touch controls which still wouldn't run on PSTV. What about PSP games? Are those all accessible on the thing? Sorry I'm on my phone at the moment.

Lime

Still on 3.52, however the hack will randomly fail and non-PSTV games will give me an error when I try to run them. I have to go back to the email and run the hack again to get the games to work again. This has happened twice today.

Same thing for me.

Doczu

Gold Member
Stupid question incoming. Is it possible to play some PS1 games in multiplayer using PS TV and 2 controllers?

IaN_GAF

They "fixed" this, huh?

Welp, was going to buy one and now I'm not, so there's that. I always wonder if it wouldn't be beneficial to them to kinda ride something like this out, making money off of the additional sales it generates.

Top Bottom