• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The thirst is real: a Destiny TTK quest is exclusive to Red Bull (Until Jan 1, 2016)

If I buy a can of Redbull just for the level code and pour the contents out onto the ground, what are the environmental implications? Would the land become uninhabitable? Or if I poured it down the drain, would that contaminate the entire city's well water?

I'm just thinking ahead and don't want to Chernobyl my neighborhood.

Sullichin

If I buy a can of Redbull just for the level code and pour the contents out onto the ground, what are the environmental implications? Would the land become uninhabitable? Or if I poured it down the drain, would that contaminate the entire city's well water?

Live a little. Drink a Red Bull. It might not kill you.

n0razi

Paypal me... ill buy a can and drink the redbull then ill PM you the code.. so theres no waste

Yes it is, It's way to early to say they have lost support of the biggest fans.

They've lost some of them with this carry on. So no.

AhupylO.jpg

How can you not have a problem with that?

Destiny consumers are used to paying a premium

They know what they are doing is wrong. They are telling you what they are doing is wrong. Yet people blindly defend it even when it comes from Bungies own mouth!

It's hilarious for all the wrong reasons! No wonder they get away with it.

Lakitu

st5fu
I haven't been frequenting this thread but is there a defence force for beverage and region-exclusive quest DLC?

antitrop

Does Destiny nearly harbor every problem with AAA games today? Save for performance, of course.
Nah, I'd say Watch_Dogs is the poster boy for that.

- Over-homogenization of game mechanics (The Ubisoft Open World Formula)
- Insincere marketing
- Gruff, cold protagonist intended as a power fantasy for the player, but ends up being a completely unrelatable jackass
- Centering the game around an interesting theme and then doing absolutely nothing important with it

Destiny checks off 1/2 of those boxes (and I'm sure adds some of its own), though, so I guess they're about equal.

see5harp

Remember when Destiny was still being shown in preview and we thought maybe that there would be ACTUAL space travel or travelling between planets? Then at launch we finally figured out that you could grind for shader skins for your ships! That only show up during load screens. After you select from a mini map. LOL what fools we were.

Caja 117

I haven't been frequenting this thread but is there a defence force for beverage and region-exclusive quest DLC?

I dont think anyone is defending the Redbull DLC, most of the "defense" as you might called it, really don't care about it to be outraged by this.

Bold One

Clickbait title? Sure.

Is the article wrong? Nope.

Oh please, that article isnt telling us anything new, DESTINY'S problems have been well and truly documented in its entirety by even the most ardent of its fans within the community, this is just another free crack for the righteous-indignation crowd who seem to form an orderly queue to evangelise their hatred of the game at the slightest provocation and their relief that the cancer was sold on.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
A bit gross. Luckily I don't like Destiny, but I hate Red Bull. Id rather just buy the DLC off the store Tha be forced into an actual store to buy a drink I hate.

blackjaw

Haven't you seen idiocracy?

FStop7

Banned
Oh please, that article isnt telling us anything new, DESTINY'S problems have been well and truly documented in its entirety by even the most ardent of its fans within the community, this is just another free crack for the righteous-indignation crowd who seem to form an orderly queue to evangelise their hatred of the game at the slightest provocation and their relief that the cancer was sold on.

Calm down. Sounds like you had one too many Red Bulls.

How can you be so out of touch to think this is a good idea?

Seems like Bungie were trying to hold off the disaster, but couldn't anymore. Now the floodgates are open.

Apt101

The more this story unfolds, the less good I feel about my decision to buy TTK at $40. Am I sucker? I don't know what to think anymore.

Kal_El

I have no idea how this will work when released but for people that for 1 reason or another cannot get a code I will buy a can of Redbull and give it to a few guardians before the deal expires. Nontroversy to me.

This is nothing new. Exclusivity deals exist in all sorts of things. Did everyone just forget about years of 'Gamer Fuel'? Apparently, since it's warranted a 20 page debate.

I've played Destiny every day since the launch and there are things that I like & things that I absolutely hate. But this Red Bull promotion doesn't bother me in the slightest. Sorry! I could act all outraged and pretend that these types of promotions haven't been a part of gaming for the past decade, or I can continue to enjoy Destiny. I think that I'll continue to enjoy Destiny and opt for a Red Bull instead of my usual Monster when I come across the promotion. Guess that makes me part of the "problem" huh?

The quest will probably be about as worth while as that new moon bounty with the turret down in the strike chamber. Aka, incomplete and worthless. So idc.

If it is a worthwhile mission, then i'll just buy one can with the spare change in my cup holster and poor the piss down the drain to get the code. Whatever.

But I really doubt its gonna be a worth while quest. Even calling it a quest is probably silly.

Or y'know, people who care about the game and enjoy it, voicing their concerns about the whole situation and multiple errors that Bungie is making, ontop of which, their outright disdain for their community?

Nice selective quoting too.

Regardless the issue isn't just the missions, the thing that bugs me more, is the information that you omitted from your quote. For the avoidance of doubt I'll repost it below, just to be doubly sure that you don't miss it this time:

They've lost some of them with this carry on. So no.

How can you not have a problem with that?

Destiny consumers are used to paying a premium

They know what they are doing is wrong. They are telling you what they are doing is wrong. Yet people blindly defend it even when it comes from Bungies own mouth!

It's hilarious for all the wrong reasons! No wonder they get away with it.

Will this quest tell us why the Fallen, a bunch of aliens, know about wolves and use wolf idioms?

Well that's just silly. Why does the Millenium Falcon, from a time long long ago, in a galaxy far far away, name itself after one of Earth's birds of prey? Why are there even humans in that galaxy at all? And why do they speak English!?

Sullichin

This is nothing new. Exclusivity deals exist in all sorts of things. Did everyone just forget about years of 'Gamer Fuel'? Apparently, since it's warranted a 20 page debate.

Just because something's been done before doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

And I don't remember Gamer Fuel being linked to an exclusive quest in Halo or something like that.

Just because something's been done before doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

And I don't remember Gamer Fuel being linked to an exclusive quest in Halo or something like that.

Exactly, I don't get why some are trying to act as if Dew and Doritos have granted access to anything more than just garbage XP boosters in the past.

This is the first instance I can think of where a game has locked an actual playable mission/quest/piece of the game/etc. behind a sponsored product.

Shit sucks.

Top Bottom