• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children Beta Announced

melkier33

24 hour session so soon! Feel like full release is eminent. Welp just need a date before I remove the day from my life.

Edit:Feb 7th (Sun) 01:00 – Feb 8th (Mon) 01:00 PST

Camjo-Z

Bring it, I'm ready to be a detriment to my town as I fumble my way through slide puzzles and make numerous futile attempts at crossing the void using various pieces of debris!

May as well ask this now with another beta test approaching, but can anyone explain 'mandate' to me? I recall there being a moment where 'my' town was thriving and we were allowed to build new structures or upgrade existing ones, but I was at a loss how to expand the max cap or even lower it before we could. Other mineable resources were not the issue.

May as well ask this now with another beta test approaching, but can anyone explain 'mandate' to me? I recall there being a moment where 'my' town was thriving and we were allowed to build new structures or upgrade existing ones, but I was at a loss how to expand the max cap or even lower it before we could. Other mineable resources were not the issue.

Sure, this is kind of easy to miss. Mandate is basically building costs and limits. You can see the town's mandate limit/current mandate by pressing in the left stick, which brings up a basic town info UI with the town's durability and mandate at the top.

Pretty much every structure has a mandate cost associated, which you can see if you select it at the workbench. There's an icon that looks like a weight with a number next to it, displayed to the upper left of the craft item's picture. That is the mandate cost for that item.

You can increase mandate by earning monuments, which are like achievements for the town.

Ferrio

Banned
I didn't realize I was in the last beta, but searched my inbox and it was there. Is a few hours playtime enough to enjoy it?

Stoze

I didn't realize I was in the last beta, but searched my inbox and it was there. Is a few hours playtime enough to enjoy it?

Yes, absolutely. I played for about 5 hours and really enjoyed it, and now it looks like we're getting a full 24.

It can be a little confusing at first, but you'll get a grasp on things as you go along. You can also read Massive Duck's really great guide posted in the OP to explain a lot of things as well.

Whoop, finally I may have time to devote to this. I did play a bit during the last game, didn't really have a clue what I was doing though!
I hope we get an option to dial back the DoF effect soon, that did hurt my eyes even after a relatively short playing time.

Ramune

Still have the beta downloaded, and got a notification about the patch update, so glad I kept it (and the theme song is kind of nice to listen to). Didn't really get what I was doing the last time, so hopefully I'll have a better understanding the 2nd time around....

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I have the beta installed from the previous test and i don't have the update yet.Is still 1.0 and i searched for updates and nothing.Is this normal?

PrinceKee

Still have the beta downloaded, and got a notification about the patch update, so glad I kept it (and the theme song is kind of nice to listen to). Didn't really get what I was doing the last time, so hopefully I'll have a better understanding the 2nd time around....

Me neither. I need an invite to GAF town and someone to show me the ropes...

liberator 23

Neo Member
Me neither. I need an invite to GAF town and someone to show me the ropes...

If the towns from the previous beta still exist in this encore test, then you can send a friend request to my PSN liberator223 and join through the friends towns tab in-game. I should still be in GAF Town when it starts up Sunday morning. Let's work together again guys! And be on the lookout for griefers!

Top Bottom