• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 has been delayed to May 19, 2015.

Drake

Disappointed for sure, but if they need more time then they need more time. No use in getting upset about it. I'm sure the game will be amazing. I'll probably play through the Witcher 2 again before release. I have over 100 hours played in that game and it is still fun for me.

January: Grim Fandango Remastered and Resident Evil REmastered

February: Evolve and The Order: 1886

Marts: Bloodborn

April: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

May: The Witcher 3.

And that's just what has a firm release date.

Yeah I'm fine with this. First half of the year is jam packed already.

Smash88

Banned
I know this is potentially showcasing the Witcher 3 internal problems that was leaked here on GAF, but honestly even if it is I rather have a playable game than what we've gotten these past 2-3 months from other developers such as 343, Ubisoft, etc.

woen

So I will probably play it on my brother's new PC since the PS4 version seems to be a pretty big disappointment and I can have far better in may.

Tovarisc

I know this is potentially showcasing the Witcher 3 internal problems that was leaked here on GAF...

Lets be honest here, he didn't leak anything. Absolutely nothing.

Just some black mark remarks about game being shitshow and CDPR being shady company, but didn't actually leak/tell anything.

Does any of those mods fix the HORRENDOUS melee combat in Skyrim? The melee in the witcher 2 isn't great, but it is still 100x better then that crap in Skyrim. (I do like Skyrim a lot BTW)

It's just just the melee combat. It's the gameplay in general. You couldn't pay me to play through that miserable game (Skyrim) again. Mods or not. I'd gladly play The Witcher 2 some more though.

DSN2K

you worry they may have bitten off more then they can chew with this open world game, perhaps a more liner game would have been in order.

Grewitch

Bummer but I'm fine with this. Anything to make the game better. However, after reading the previous thread, it's no longer a blind day-one purchase for me. I'm going to take a wait and see approach.

Lets be honest here, he didn't leak anything. Absolutely nothing.

Just some black mark remarks about game being shitshow and CDPR being shady company, but didn't actually leak/tell anything.

Yeah, vetted or not, it seemed more to just drum up fears than to actually inform us.

RexNovis

Banned
As far as I'm concerned Devs should take all the time they need to ensure a quality title upon release. So props to CDPR for having the balls to officially delay their title to ensure that. I wish other developers would do the same. I really despise this glitchy release with patched in band aids phenomena that has seemingly taken the industry by storm of late.

PFD

Now that I think about it, this gives me time to play Dragon Age Inquisition and Project Eternity, so I'm not that sad anymore

Linkyn

Actually, this kinda works out for me. I finish exams around May 15th, so this could be my reward for studying.

Also, although I never thought I'd ever be saying this, in light of recent releases that felt like they could have used a bit more time, I really want CDPR to take all the time they need to make TW3 just perfect.

I am fine with this. I was saving up playing it to my birthday in June anyway.

So I will probably play it on my brother's new PC since the PS4 version seems to be a pretty big disappointment and I can have far better in may.

We have seen the PS4 version? Most of the complaints seem to be about the PC version which has been constantly shown...

FourMyle

They keep delaying this game yet the combat doesn't look any better.

If you're delaying a game so much yet your gameplay mechanics still look so shitty then you failed as a developer.

Melchiah

The delay doesn't bother me, as the beginning of next year is packed with REmake, The Order: 1886 and Bloodborne. Better to have a polished game later, than a buggy mess earlier.

They keep delaying this game yet the combat doesn't look any better.

If you're delaying a game so much yet your gameplay mechanics still look so shitty then you failed as a developer.

You make it sound like they've delayed the game 10 times. It's been two. Do you have a video of the combat after the second delay?

Since Bloodborne was delayed to March, I was between this and the order for February and TW3 had the upper hand. Oh well, looks like RAD is getting my money now.

I have GTA5. I've waited for more than a year. My computer is ready. I'm gonna be a completionist on it. It's gonna have to do. I just you can handle it Witcher. Going open world and have an amazing story as Witcher 2? If you succeed then...

... Either way im afraid it wont!:(

kurahador

January: Grim Fandango Remastered and Resident Evil REmastered

February: Evolve and The Order: 1886

Marts: Bloodborn

April: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin

May: The Witcher 3.

And that's just what has a firm release date.

Yeah I'm fine with this. First half of the year is jam packed already.

You forgot Dying Light in January.

Hell, I may actually have time to play it this may, if I can ever stop playing DAI. Take as much time as you need, CDPR. I'm not going anywhere.
The guys and gals at RAD must be celebrating.
I guess both games technically have werewolves, but otherwise I don't see how they are competing TBH.

pablito

Only disappointed because it makes me feel that Cyberpunk is further away. Or at least hearing about it.

Otherwise full support behind taking extra time to make it as best as they can.

Dark_castle

It's good and bad at the same time. Good because nobody wants a buggy mess at launch. Bad because it indicates the CDPR over-estimated their capabilities and vision and is struggling hard to get the game out, let alone meeting the immensely high expectations.

I think project red are taking some responsibility with their stupid hype last year. they set the expectations so high that most developers with extremely large budgets can't even meet(including them), then add the negativity that surrounded the lastest trailer and that was the tipping stone. To be honest after what I have seen this year of disappointment after disappointment, I am too emotionally scared to hype anything ever again.

Anyway, I think this the a good move, but three months is not enough for any drastic changes.

Edit: just saw the insider info..... Hmm.

This delay is fine in my book. I would much rather have a complete game shipped rather then one that is in broken state
(looking at you, Assassin's Creed Unity...)
I can imagine that the scope of this game, and releasing it simultaneously on three different platforms must be a lot balls to juggle for the developer.

The scope of the Witcher 2 was extremely impressive, and it took me about 42 hours to complete the game. Within those 42 hours, I honestly never encountered any bugs or glitches on the XBOX 360 version, so I would assume that the developer would maintain the same quality of work for the sequel. Assuming that Wild Hunt is the last installment of the IP, the developer likely wants to leave a standing impression of a kick ass finale that is of quality and shows respect to the author of The Witcher novels Andrzej Sapkowski.

misho8723

Banned
From todays oficial forums:
Ewjb.jpg

Well, for now it would be great if W3 atleast would be as great as W1/W2 :)
We will see

Top Bottom